Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2016 Evora 400 shocks to NA - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

2016 Evora 400 shocks to NA

Quick question 

will the shocks fit my 2010 NA ? 
it’s the ones on sale section and the seller just down the road so thought maybe a good buy ? The part number is different so will logic dictate it’s not right one’s to purchase ? 
thanks in advance 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The front mounts are the same on the NA vs S/S2, but the rear upper mounts are a different part # between the 2 series. Not sure what changed, as they look the same on the diagrams, but maybe the mounting holes differ. 

I think the main shock differences are the valving and possibly spring rates. 

Having had an NA and now on a GT410, yes the 400 suspension is firmer, but it's still very usable day-to-day and the handling is sharper. NA is definitely the comfiest, but that may not be your priority.

I seem to remember a narrative that the SC springs and shocks were re calibrated for the extra weight in the back from fitting the SC. So as well as the general bump in stiffness for the 400s across the suspension I think there was an increase in the rears for the standard SC prior to that. So not sure what that does to overall balance or if it's noticeable to mortals.

I could however have dreamt it.... 

I have decided to look over these shocks as I didn’t want my ride changing to detriment of my back 

shame as the seller a few miles down the road and I think my last mot advised of corrosion on my suspension bits so I thought these might be prudent buy ? 

@cdco, yep if I remember correctly the rear dampers and springs are stiffer on SC Evora compared to the NA Evora, fronts are the same.  Stiffer rear I think would lead to a bit more oversteer balance but doubt the change from NA to SC was big enough to notice unless really pushing on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Can't remember the exact details on what was changed, there are definitely changes in the rear suspension on the S compared to the early NA, however, the NA sports racer got the uprated rear suspension as well. Not sure it was springs I thought it was bushes and a thicker anti-roll bar.

Having driven both NA cars, the SR feels firmer but without more experience on stock, can't tell how much of that is the larger wheels.