Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exotics International meeting (Belgium) - Page 2 - Regions & Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exotics International meeting (Belgium)

Escape

Exotics International meet  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Gold FFM

I’ve provisionally booked off sat 25th and sun 26th. Fingers crossed it doesn’t clash with anyone else. Suppose I’d better tell the missus we’re going on a road trip! Local hotel details would be great @Escape.

• Like 1

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

What @Sparky means is that the bastard French Air Traffic controllers will be on strike.

Rail workers will be bitching again about pay and conditions so the Uk rail network will be at a standstill.

Transport for London will be all out due to some crazy edict initiative from the Mayor

All ports to France will be blocked as the French immigration service will forget to set their alarm clocks again and not show up at the Dover...

And it goes on.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM
7 minutes ago, Gjk said:

I may very well have a spare seat @Sparky. I ran the road trip past the missus and she flat out refused to go in the esprit 🤷‍♂️ 

Dont bother with breakdown cover then 😀

My wife went in the Esprit 3 times during my ownership!! She likes the Evora though, mistake? 

I guess that makes me a lucky man (already knew that 😉 ), Christina loves going on road trips in a Lotus, be it Esprit, Excel or Elan. One of our best trips together were Ireland and Devon + Cornwall, both with the Esprit.

I'm open to suggestions if the 25th doesn't suit some. At the moment it seems to work for most?

As for hotels, I've heard good things about https://bchotel.be/en/home-2/ but have obviously never stayed there myself. It's easy to reach with ample parking, about 3 miles from the Workshop and walking distance from Leuven center. I'd avoid anything in the center itself, just because of the hassle of getting in and out. There are some cheaper alternatives on the outskirts, like Ibis. Not much on my side of town, apart from one small B&B (https://www.leybeeckhof.be/). Which is probably great, but won't be able to cater for the whole group as they only have 2 rooms.
Any other questions (or other hotels), I'll happily try and answer.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Currently trying to get an answer out of my son as to when mum and dad will be required for cat-sitting duties on or around 18th May. It’s like pulling teeth. He’s going to a wedding with a fixed date, FFS. How hard can it be to make the arrangements? F*&cking kids.

So, at the moment, I still only do 11th and 25th. Maybe a poll is in order?

Margate Exotics.

Good idea Ian! I tried to get a list started, but have now added an official poll. Caveat, I will not guarantee a democratic voting process, all pigs are equal but some are more equal than others. 😁

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

TLF Electoral College allocates 5 votes to Watford, I've heard.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

I've voted NOT 25, not because I can't make it that weekend but because I know various unions likely will conspire to make it impossible to get there.  Hope I'm wrong, but I reckon you'd get less than evens at the bookies.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

He's a 2-pint cert.

17 hours ago, Dan E said:

I def can't do the 25th, 11th would work and happy to take Sparkles if he promises not to get me drunk 

Getting you drunk isn't the issue. It's what happens after that.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
8 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Getting you drunk isn't the issue. It's what happens after that.

An excellent point and very well made Uncle Ian 

On 11/01/2024 at 17:50, Dan E said:

I def can't do the 25th, 11th would work and happy to take Sparkles if he promises not to get me drunk 

Add your choices to the poll please Danny, that will give us a better view and the sooner we can fix a date, the better for everyone. 😉

• Gold FFM
27 minutes ago, Escape said:

Add your choices to the poll please Danny, that will give us a better view and the sooner we can fix a date, the better for everyone. 😉

done, Bibs got me very drunk yesterday he is a menace 

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM

Never, EVER, take your eyes off your drink in the presence of Bibs.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Seriously, I was nowhere near that sheep.

• Haha 2

That's not what the sheep said...

But if you're so inclined, there is a pasture with a few sheep walking distance from the Shop. 😁

• Gold FFM
21 hours ago, Bibs said:

Here to help :D

He kept getting me shots, WHY? I didn't need them and on Sunday i realised i really didn't 

1 hour ago, Dan E said:

He kept getting me shots, WHY? I didn't need them and on Sunday i realised i really didn't 

Lucky you, last time the bar closed just before we got to the old fashioneds. 😞

• 5 weeks later...

Right, almost a month since the last post, better breath some life into this again.

The weekend of 18th/19th (with possibility to add Friday and/or Monday for those who want) seems to be the most suitable date. Which is the same weekend as the Beer Festival in a local pub. 🙂

If we agree on the date, we can start worrying about practical matters. And I can book a cleaning crew for the Workshop...

Filip