Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Exotics International meeting (Belgium) - Regions & Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Exotics International meeting (Belgium)

Escape

Exotics International meet  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We've talked about it on several occasions, in 2024 I'd like to see it happen: an enthusiasts meeting in Belgium, hosted by Escape's Workshop. 🙂

There's plenty of good places to eat in the area and a local pub has agreed to host just our group on a Friday night.

Brussels Airport is only 20 miles away, we could arrange a pick up for those flying in.

Sometime in May seems best. Who's interested and what dates would work best?

Filip

• Like 2

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

What you thinking Uncle Ian? Drive out there? I am up for a road trip but away from 28th May for 9 days 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Reckon this should work!  Undecided as to transportation method at this time...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

There is no try, only drive, or do not. :driving:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

The Force is strong with this one.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

19 hours ago, Dan E said:

What you thinking Uncle Ian? Drive out there? I am up for a road trip but away from 28th May for 9 days 

Yes, drive. I’d take the Esprit. And the wife, as long as she promises to behave.

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

Yes, I am interested @Escape

Do we get Belgian chocolate and beer ;) 

Another road trip with @Sparky though, hmmm :lol:

IMG_2261.JPG.245d16193af020334fd43fbe3239372a.JPG

• Like 1

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

My fridge is always home to a good selection of beers, as are most cupboards in the kitchen. 🍻 The pub I have in mind has an even bigger range. And I could make some goodie bags with chocolate and Biscoff as well.

Last weekend I discovered a local brewery does a chocolate stout, very tasty!

• Love 1

• Gold FFM

Not the car.

• Haha 2

Hey that was my line @Sparky :lol: 

I will Look forward to some trappist beer @Escape and need to find some Leffe Nectar to take back home :) 

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Did I mention there's a big beer and spirit shop around the corner? 😁

Just need to fix a date. From the above I see 3 possibilities: the weekends of 11th, 18th and 25th of May.

Let's make a list to complete, shall we:

11th: Chillidoggy

18th: GJK, Dan E

25th: Chillidoggy

We could add the first weekend of June if that works better for more people.

• Gold FFM

It is possible that I could do either the 11th or 25th, I just need as much notice as possible so I can book the time off work. The weekend holiday slots get snapped up by my colleagues rather quickly.

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

Currently I am free most weekends in May, Monday 6th and 27th are Bank holidays which may , or may not, help. FWIW June is generally less good for me.

• Like 1

I'd be up for it. Haven't had a beer in ages and happy to act as the tea/coffee boy whilst people who know what they are doing are doing what they know on cars they may, or may not, know.

• Like 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

• Gold FFM

Currently OK for any date in May, but the GT3 is liable to be (at last) off the road for some major maintenance.  So, plane, train, or someone else's automobile...

• Like 1

I could be up for meeting Filip again and some of the other retrobates.

• Like 1

Long time Lotus admirer, recent owner

Shall we try for the weekend of the 25th then? I can do Friday and/or Monday as well, for those who want a few days extra.

I'll have look at some local hotels too.

• Gold FFM

That's a Bank Holiday weekend in the UK, with concomitant travel challenges.