Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alunox Combined Product Group Buy for Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo - Page 2 - Site Sponsors & FFM Discounts - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Alunox Combined Product Group Buy for Giugiaro & Stevens Esprit Turbo

Posted (edited)

Ok I'll go with the difference between manifolds first , the "Stevens T4 manifold" has been designed for a bigger turbo with that uses a T4 Flange and the "Stevens manifold" is a direct replacement for the for the original manifold with uses a T3 flange for the standard turbo. I've done a write some time back here if your interested

The weight of the rear systems Ti/Stainless Steel can be seen here

SSWeight-cut.jpg.02bdce5129c4c6daffdfd19e92e2322c.jpg

TiWeight1.JPG.c53b75574d0a7dd953c52f131e1e7127.JPG

TiWeight2.JPG.da3962cca69b0341d2bc58cab1370bd9.JPG                       

The Stainless is 11.4 KG  and the  Titanium rear system is 7.4 Kg

@TpupNomad - The difference occurs in the rear wheel arch where the rear system crosses through. The federal car

has different inner body panelling and so the federal rear system is constructed to avoid it. If you message me some pictures

I will help you work out which one you have.

Mark

Edited by MarkKassim
Picture

Mark,

If it is the system bolting directly to the turbo flange like in the picture, I'm in. I'd like to eliminate the OEM "adapter" which is a restrictive antiquity (junk!).

The car is 1988 USA Federal, which still has 87 Giugiaro turbo position/location/geometry, but different body clearances.

My modified turbo requires 59mm ID at the turbo flange. I'd like to get the header, straight downpipe without the CAT, wastegate, single muffler w/right side exit, all stainless, exactly as shown in the picture, attached. 

Would you be able to  accommodate these requirements?

Thank you

John

IMG_1736.JPG

!! YES, THIS ONE ! IT HAS NO POS TURBO ADAPTER.jpg

MrDangerUS

Hi John, Yes Alunox have eliminated the OEM "adapter" and I have got Leon to check the 59mm ID at the turbo flange, you are good 

on both, shall I put you down for a system.

Mark

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

@MarkKassim does the larger chargecooler fit under the engine cover without modification?

Also what is the reason for placing the filler plug on the side instead of the top as on the OE cooler? Will that not make filling and bleeding more difficult?

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

Hi Tom, the picture is of the older charge cooler as it happens , the new one (similar) does fit under the engine cover.

The blanking plug you mention is actually the return for the header tank, the filler plug is now obsolete , I bleed mine via the 

return when re-fitting.

Mark

Posted (edited)

1.  @Gjk - Stevens manifold.

2. @drscientist - G fed manifold, wastegate, turbo back 

3.  @G8nightman -  Stevens Rear System Centre Exit 

4. @niloc - Stevens manifold (GT3) 

5. @gerardiw - Giugiaro manifold and waste gate

6. @gerardiw - Giugiaro rear system

7. @Barrykearley - Large Charge Cooler

8. @Mark Houston - Stevens manifold.

9. @MrDangerUS - Giugiaro federal manifold and wastegate

10. @MrDangerUS - Giugiaro federal turbo back rear system 

Edited by MarkKassim
typo

On 19/06/2024 at 20:28, paulbrown22 said:

Mark - do you know if they have something suitable for a Giugiaro HC NA, i.e. the last of the normally aspirated G cars running the HC engine that was then fitted to the Stevens cars?

Hi Paul, a bit of a delay but we now have a price for normally aspirated G cars

GB24Prices2.jpg.1c9d014ca8fe0c314ce921d6419f9e36.jpg

Sorry I don't have any pictures at the moment

Mark

• Gold FFM
On 05/07/2024 at 19:17, MarkKassim said:

Hi Paul, a bit of a delay but we now have a price for normally aspirated G cars

GB24Prices2.jpg.1c9d014ca8fe0c314ce921d6419f9e36.jpg

Sorry I don't have any pictures at the moment

Mark

That's amazing, thanks Mark. Do they have a separate listing for the HC NA G-cars, which have a slightly different exhaust manifold to the standard (low compression) NA cars and different downpipes as well? I don't have an original downpipe sadly, but think I have the original HC manifold in the garage roof if they needed that for checking/measuring.

Hi Paul , Alunox are currently updating their website and may show all the variants on there when its up and running.

We don't have a separate listing on here, but I have seen systems in the past that they have put out for the NA cars.

If you think yours is slightly different and you have the original to check against that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

• Gold FFM
On 11/07/2024 at 20:18, MarkKassim said:

Hi Paul , Alunox are currently updating their website and may show all the variants on there when its up and running.

We don't have a separate listing on here, but I have seen systems in the past that they have put out for the NA cars.

If you think yours is slightly different and you have the original to check against that would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Super,thanks Mark! I'll check the parts catalogue in detail, but my understanding is the "normal" (low compression) NA cars had a slightly different manifold, gaskets and downpipe to the very last few NA cars they made which had the high compression NA engine which carried over into the X180.

I definitely have the original cast HC manifold in the garage roof that I'd happily send for checking, but sadly don't have any original down pipe or rear box.

Regards,

Paul

Thanks Paul , that will be a worthwhile check it will give Alunox a chance to double check their Jigs. They have dedicated Siegmund jig fixture tables set up for each variant 

so I will ba able to give you some feedback if there are any differences. I will message you the address and details.

Mark

• Gold FFM

Don’t forget @drscientist signed up for the turbo back exhaust as well. Though might be worth clarifying.

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

Thanks Grahame yes he has two items

1.  @Gjk - Stevens manifold.

2. @drscientist - Giugiaro federal manifold and waste gate.

3. @drscientist - Giugiaro federal turbo back rear system.

4.  @G8nightman -  Stevens Rear System Centre Exit. 

5. @niloc - Stevens manifold (GT3). 

6. @gerardiw - Giugiaro manifold and waste gate.

7. @gerardiw - Giugiaro rear system.

8. @Barrykearley - Large Charge Cooler.

9. @Mark Houston - Stevens manifold.

10. @MrDangerUS - Giugiaro federal manifold and wastegate.

11. @MrDangerUS - Giugiaro federal turbo back rear system. 

12. @paulbrown22 - Normally aspirated manifold.

13. @paulbrown22 - Normally aspirated rear system.

• Like 1

@MarkKassim thank you for your the information on the manifold.  Is it possible to provide an estimate on the cost of shipping to Atlanta, Georgia, USA for the Stevens manifold?   Also, do US buyers have to pay VAT?  I have always orders my Lotus parts from SJSportscars.com and they don't charge me VAT.  I don't want to miss this opportunity but I recently lost my job so I have to make sure the final price works for me.
Thanks - Van  

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, MarkKassim said:

1.  @Gjk - Stevens manifold.

2. @drscientist - G fed manifold, wastegate, turbo back 

3.  @G8nightman -  Stevens Rear System Centre Exit 

4. @niloc - Stevens manifold (GT3) 

5. @gerardiw - Giugiaro manifold and waste gate

6. @gerardiw - Giugiaro rear system

7. @Barrykearley - Large Charge Cooler

8. @Mark Houston - Stevens manifold.

9. @MrDangerUS - Giugiaro federal manifold and wastegate

10. @MrDangerUS - Giugiaro federal turbo back rear system 

11. @paulbrown22 - Normally aspirated manifold

12. @paulbrown22 - Normally aspirated rear system

We are now in the 25% reduction price band, thanks Paul

GB24Prices2.jpg.f4a1ec2c399504fb24070c5995c47254.jpg

Mark

Great news, thanks so much for all the management and organisation Mark!

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, ICElotus said:

@MarkKassim thank you for your the information on the manifold.  Is it possible to provide an estimate on the cost of shipping to Atlanta, Georgia, USA for the Stevens manifold?   Also, do US buyers have to pay VAT?  I have always orders my Lotus parts from SJSportscars.com and they don't charge me VAT.  I don't want to miss this opportunity but I recently lost my job so I have to make sure the final price works for me.
Thanks - Van  

Hi Van,

We have an estimate on shipping at the moment to Atlanta, Georgia, USA of £160 which includes packaging. That is with DHL and appears to be competitive ,but if you can getting a better price from your end then Alunox will work with you to arrange pickup.  In the past when we have a group of buyers in one location in the US we did look at making one shipment to a central point and then distribute from there, but you would have to organize this your end.

Now Alunox are in talks with shipping companies at the moment to see if we can beat this price as they ship all over world on a regular basis, I will communicate when I get an update.  

You are correct you don't pay VAT but you may be subject to import duty.

Hope this helps

Mark

Edited by MarkKassim
typo
  • Thanks 1

Re: Import duty into the US. It wasn't much on my system, but the company that bills you will tack on more in service charges. And Trump has promised more tariffs on imports as well, so don't dawdle.

New item added 

GB24Prices3.jpg.e638ef441f67bfa21bdd0ba51487b089.jpg

Just to let you know I will be on holiday for the next 10 days with limited access to emails but will reply as best I can.

Mark

• Like 1

@MarkKassim

If it’s of any help to those across the pond, I regularly send brake kits to the US, in a similar sized box as an exhaust manifold, 11.5 kg in weight. It usually costs around £70 using FedEx Express, via the Interparcel website. This does not include any charges that may be applied for initial packing, or import duty.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

For a split second then Ian, I thought you were going to sign up for the larger uprated chargecooler…..

• Gold FFM

‘That’ pedal on the right extends right into the carpet if pressed hard enough Ian! 😎