Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
General election July 4th - Page 9 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

General election July 4th

pete

Answers a lot of questions 

Screenshot_20240713-202930.png.728248c420e58e31951a41b806338c86.png

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Exactly as predicted labour will be saying it is worse than they expected. Backed themselves into a corner by saying they weren't going to raise certain taxes 

Screenshot_20240727-085737.png.26c42e028bfe3203a32afd9e5939fce0.png

Why would anyone be surprised by this?

It was as obvious as night follows day that the working person would get walloped to pay for the workshy and woke schemes. 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

£2.6tr national debate

Assume you meant debt. Put it down to spell checker....

A top priority of this Labour Government needs to include the reclaiming of loans that were fraudulently taken out by many during the pandemic.

The millions overpaid in stuff like PPE etc also needs to be clawed back.

The Tories always end up borrowing more than Labour, but then Labour always ends up clawing more back from the worker. Take your pick.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Seem to have lost my winter fuel payments. Need to pay for the above inflation rises to the unions.

If I could claim attendance allowance - that's not means tested and worth a lot more.

And the inflation busting 5.5% for Teachers.

Who'd of thought that within a month of Labour getting in they'd be handing out such high public sector pay rises. I'm so surprised! Especially as they keep saying the cupboard is completely empty, indeed, even the cupboard had been sold apparently.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The small print.

2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

cupboard

been burnt for firewood.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

been burnt for firewood.

Shame we didn't burn the politicians on top.

The small print.

Now there's an idea...what you doing November 5th?

• Love 1

Dave.

There are going to be quite a few voters kicking themselves before the end of the year for believing Labour’s lies.

No wait, that can’t be true, didn’t Ms Reeves say this morning that it is time to start telling the public the truth. 🤔
Well that was a good start today wasn’t it? 🙄

• Like 1

The Tories deserved to lose. Their infighting has been disgraceful.

But if they nominate that Tugandpull idiot as leader then they're absolutely finished. The candidates for Tory Leader are as appetising as a stale four week old slice of Black Forest Gateaux.

• Like 1

The small print.

I fully agree Andy @C8RKH, hence why, for the first time in 50 years, I felt unable to vote for any of the t0ssers.

I am currently looking into whether we are too old to emigrate👍

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The unions will be knocking at the door soon

I watched Farage’s first speech in Parliament. Politics aside, it was a very strong performance. I’d be surprised if his Reform Party doesn’t pick up disillusioned voters.

Margate Exotics.

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

I watched Farage’s first speech in Parliament. Politics aside, it was a very strong performance. I’d be surprised if his Reform Party doesn’t pick up disillusioned voters.

Unless the Tories do something drastic I think Reform will win more and more votes. They were the 3rd largest party in terms of votes, though the Lib Dems got 20 x the number of seats on less votes overall (great system we have).

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I’m wondering where the money’s coming from to pay the salary rises, and I rather suspect it will become clearer that a lot of us will be worse off to pay for the largesse.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Hmmm - What's the corollary of "we wont raise taxes on working people"?   I can think of a cohort of people/money that are not Labour's voters to lose.  

Edited by 910Esprit

7 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

I’m wondering where the money’s coming from

I have just been told the winter fuel allowance has been cancelled, that should help - not sure if this is true but if it is there may be a lot of pensioners in even more dire straits this winter. Should help keep the hospitals full this winter.

Edited by march
  • Like 1