Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Local Italian help required! - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Local Italian help required!

Bibs

I've just received a fine for something I'm guessing we did in the hire car in Bologna last August, something about not being the right type of road user in an area. Would anyone in Italy be able to please take a look at the document I've been sent an explain what we did - Happy to pay the fine which isn't that much to be fair but would rather not do the same thing again! I was sure we didn't enter the restricted area, we parked outside and walked into the beautiful old town but perhaps we drove through it at some point. Thanks! 

Screenshot 2024-05-29 100658.jpg

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

morHub

Pomet 34 niinutes

REPORT OF ASSESSMENT OF VIOLATION OF THE HIGHWAY CODE Administrative act relating to an administrative sanction provided for by the Highway Code (Art. 201 of Legislative Decree No. 285 of 30 April 1992 and subsequent amendments)

Minute no. 1447165/2023/Z

On 09/20/2023 at 2.24 pm at the premises of the Local Police Headquarters located in Bologna, Via E. Ferrari nr. 42, the undersigned MAZZETTI

MARIALUISA has ascertained that on 14/08/2023 at 11.44 am in the Municipality of Bologna in VIA SARAGOZZA 102 the driver of the vehicle with the license plate GP870KR committed the following violations: Art. 007 paragraph 9 - 14 HE WAS CIRCULATED VIOLATING THE BAN ON CIRCULATION IN FORCE FOR THIS CATEGORY OF USERS (ZTL). REPORT NUMBER 214025684, DETECTED WITH THE PROJECT AUTOMATION SPA K53700/SA DEVICE. APPROVAL DECREE OF THE MINISTRY OF INFRASTRUCTURES AND TRANSPORT N. 2528 OF 05/05/2011 AND N. 3245 OF 13/06/2011 ΕΝ.

6268 OF 23/12/2011 AND N. 6408 OF 15/11/2012.

Not contested pursuant to art. 201, paragraph 1 bis, letter g) Legislative Decree 285/92.. Act drawn up with a mechanized or data processing system, in accordance with the provisions of the articles. 383, fourth paragraph, and 385, third and fourth paragraph, of the regulation of execution and implementation of the Highway Code, and of the art. 3, second paragraph, of Legislative Decree 12/02/1993 n.39.

Owner

RENTAL PLUS SRL

born on ()

resident in 38121 TRENTO (TN) in VIA PRAGA, 5

Lessee

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

It looks like you drove into a ZTL (Zona traffico limitato). ie permits only for locals. 

Don’t ask me how I know about ZTLs. 🤬

Send it back saying "no comprendi, in English you fool".

As you say, if it's a small fine better to just pay up. It does show what a minefield it is for foreigners driving in any country re local restrictions, language, etc 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I remember driving a fully loaded Kenning hire van in one day from Staffordshire to Lake Constance back in the mid 1990s. Upon arrival I parked on the road outside the little village hotel I was staying at. A few weeks later I got a fine from German police for parking the van in the wrong direction! WTF. What difference does it make, whether a parked van is pointing left or right? I never paid it.

• Gold FFM

Actually, it does.  The rear of a vehicle is better designed to reflect emitted light in darkness, and should always be parked in the direction of travel.  I know one insurance case where the owner didn't get a payout due to this.

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

4 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

What difference does it make, whether a parked van is pointing left or right? I never paid it.

Errr, the reflectors are placed to the rear for a reason.

Also I believe same applies to UK (advisory), when parking on a street, and in South Africa too (i was advised I'd  get a ticket when there earlier this year)

Sort of makes sense as cars approaching on the same side will "light up" your vehicles reflectors 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I drove a hired Alfa Giulia into such an area within Bolzano several years back, the local signage hindering my capacity to make way to the carpark in correct fashion. We were mindful of the restriction heading in, soon enough figured we'd strayed so upon checking into the hotel ( located within a ZTL ) I informed the front desk who then phoned over to the police. Problem resolved without pain.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

Also I believe same applies to UK (advisory), when parking on a street,

It's only advisory if you leave your car with side or parking lights on. Otherwise it's compulsory. But it's ignored by almost everyone and I've never seen a single report of anybody being prosecuted. So it's another of those laws that are there in theory but not in practice.

18 hours ago, Sparky said:

Actually, it does.  The rear of a vehicle is better designed to reflect emitted light in darkness, and should always be parked in the direction of travel.  I know one insurance case where the owner didn't get a payout due to this.

We have the same rule here, and I once got fined for it, for not making a U-turn in a narrow street to park in the 'correct' direction before continuing my journey in the original direction. I'm convinced it was some tw@t who couldn't stand seeing a nice car in the neighborhood for a change.

The motivation was an increased risk when exiting the parking space, because of reduced visibility and having to cross the entire road when moving off. So maybe it would have been alright had it been one of my RHD cars...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

That last point didn’t make any difference to my case in Germany. I parked in the other direction because my RHD driver’s door would have been tight up against the hotel wall if I had parked the “correct” way. Anyway it was only a quiet village road with a line of vehicles parked in front and behind me.

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

Ignorance is not a defence. 

I never said it was if you read the full post.

The small print.