Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1984 Turbo aerial - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

1984 Turbo aerial

My electric aerial is mounted in the drivers wing and does not work, what is the best way to access it? 

thanks in advance. 

IMG_3316.jpeg

ISTR that it is a short unit also, and as a result they are difficult to source.

After repairing ours more than once we fitted a hidden DAB antenna into the A pillar. No retracting mechanism required. ☺️

• Like 1

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

• Gold FFM

Ditto to @CarBuff. I mounted it to the body under the sun visor trim panel. I’ve not had any problems with interference, but remember to disconnect the power feed to the old Ariel.

• Like 1

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

I recall having to peel back a bit of carpet to access the aerial, and it was a bear to get out of the confined space. Look for the smallest replacement unit if you need a new one. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure of the changeover point but early turbo cars needed te drivers door removing to get at the aerial. :) 

It's getting there......

14 hours ago, TAR said:

I'm not sure of the changeover point but early turbo cars needed te drivers door removing to get at the aerial. :) 

Not sure that that's 100% right - mine was replaced without the door being removed - thankfully!! 

On 16/06/2024 at 11:42, Bazza 907 said:

Not sure that that's 100% right - mine was replaced without the door being removed - thankfully!! 

How did you access yours? 

I fitted a very nice automatic electric aerial into my S1 from the door cavity. It wasn't expensive. £25 in 2018 or something. Smallest I could find. It's very cool.

The Turbo Esprits and S3s aerials are accessed from the footwell as a poster stated above.

Edited by Fridge