Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Is the Polestar 6 the next Evora? - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Is the Polestar 6 the next Evora?

TrevS

That does look exactly like an angular redesign of the Evora! Not bad (but I wouldn't touch it with a pole).

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

There's some connection via Geely/Volvo to Polestar so maybe someone traced over something in a meeting room..?

• Haha 2

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

That was my thinking as well, a little too obvious to be a mere coincidence.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

10 hours ago, Escape said:

That does look exactly like an angular redesign of the Evora! Not bad (but I wouldn't touch it with a pole).

Looking at your car history I am guessing you would not touch anything manufactured in the last two decades with a pole 😂

That is a very accurate analysis! I usually draw the line at anything from this century. Though I can really appreciate a mid 2000 Defender, but that's because it's basically still a 40s design. 😄 

In the case of the Polestar, there's more to it. If I would ever consider an EV, it would have to be as practical as possible, so a spacious station wagon or similar and not a +2.

Thanks for posting @TrevS. Fascinating. Convertible too.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/polestar-6-‘daily-driver’-supercar-set-longer-production-run

If Russell Carr and his team have not been involved in the styling of the Polestar, then they have reasons to be miffed. Hopefully they were via a consultation contract with Geely. Fairly likely given the now sadly departed Peter Horbury connection.  

Likewise,  I wouldn't touch it with a polestar. 

Justin 

• Haha 1

Minecraft evora!

Ewww that convertable has been bashed with the fugly stick somewhat Id say

Always thought the Evora convertable would be great so was disapointed to see how the polestar turned out.

Edited by JimmytheTurbo

Why taint the name and memory of a car with a vehicle that has no connection to the original other than name? Probably following Fords decision to use old names, shame these cars can’t be left to their own history……