Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 60 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

Another example of our useless justice system & why migrants who commit crimes need to be deported, preferable to the doorstep of the ECHR.

This guy, a migrant who has been sleeping rough since 2020, gets a life sentence for attempted murder & is ordered to serve a minimum of 8 years😮. Well firstly how the fcuk does that work - life sentence now = 8 years 🙄

Also, thanks to our idiotic justice system, he has quite probably now achieved his goal. He gets a roof over his head & all meals provided for the next 8 years!

• Sad 1

Not sure you should be singling out a black hole. Remember, all holes are equal and matter @Chillidoggy

• Haha 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I'd love to know how writing 360,000 pages costs £295m and who are the recipients of the spend so far. Over £800/page and why are so many words needed to build a tunnel. It's the government aka Highways applying to local government for something central government want to do. The traffic through the M25 isn't too bad anyway, not sure the 10's of billions this will end up costing will be well spent saving lorry drivers from abroad from queueing up for 15 minutes and again, if there's a toll they won't bother paying it as I'm sure they don't with the bridge/tunnel at the moment. 

Bonkers.

• Love 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

46 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I'd love to know how writing 360,000 pages costs £295m and who are the recipients of the spend so far. Over £800/page and why are so many words needed to build a tunnel. 

Bonkers.

But there will be little frogs and newts to think of. Then there's safeguarding all the little furry animals, whilst not forgetting protection of rare plants, and avoiding birds nesting season.

Then there's all the carbon and eco bollocks, and whether or not any protesters can be shot. 

Employment rights and diversity, ensuring all boxes are ticked and nobody is left out. That will take thousands of pages.

The bit about tunnel runs to about 4 sides of A4 :yes:

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Consultants rinsing yahoos who have no real concept of value as they've rarely had to pay for anything in their vacuous lives.

Anime Thread | RedFox Games

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Sometimes it pays to do a little homework before opening loud mouths.

Another example of incompetent Labour frontbenchers shooting themselves in the foot!

https://news.sky.com/story/blow-to-no-10s-investment-summit-as-port-giant-pulls-1631bn-announcement-over-po-row-13231876

Angela Rayner. Why am I not surprised?

But remember, she's working class so it's not her fault and she is therefore above reproach.

Where's old two jags when you need him?

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

That's a hellish piece @Chillidoggy but to be honest I'm not really surprised.

I had thought Reeves would be better than this, but she obviously hood winked me and many others with her interview performances during the interview process. Like many, she is obviously good at talking a good game, but not really capable once given the job.

The level of hubris amongst this new Governments ministers is starting to make the Tories look competent! Christ, we're all doomed.

The small print.

Trying to add my son as a new learner driver to an existing car insurance policy with a well-known provider. Insurer likes everything done online, so should be easy. I scroll through the drop down menu for licence type and select “Provisional UK licence” and type in his licence number. Next question “Please confirm date driver passed test”. WTF? I try and ignore it and move on to the drop down menu for occupation. I select “Full time education”. It then asks for the industry he is in and then also his job title. WTAF?

You can’t override any of it, so it just throws up an error message when you come to submit the form, having wasted all that time.

• Sad 1

Yeah I’ve got details for them, but we are building up an NCB for the older boy. It was only £451 for the whole year for him as policy holder and my wife and I as named drivers. He now already has 1 year NCB. I was hoping to add the younger boy as a named driver. 2018 VW Polo Beats 95bhp.

• Like 1

The insurer has got back to me after I queried it. Apparently the date the provisional licence was insured would have worked, but they can’t add him to the policy as a learner anyway. He would have to start his own policy for the same car, which seems a bit odd, considering everyone else in the family is on this policy. Anyway, I’ll look into Collingwood as an alternative.

I've just added my son to a policy with a Provisional Licence - Admiral £42. Added to my daughter's policy.