Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 13 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

Put it on an email to the Police and they will put an Intelligence report on the system. This will add to any other info they have and encourage patrols of the area to try and catch them at it!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Plod too busy doing the work social care can't be arsed dealing with is my best guess.

Either that or Plod dealing with their 50th domestic of the day 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Plod too busy doing the work social care can't be arsed dealing with is my best guess.

Sadly true but when there's a chance to catch a drug dealer they will always try to catch them. For all we know it's the 3rd report and intel will take a look at it and ask for checks......... But you have to start somewhere! If no one put reports in they will never know!

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Can you imagine the outdcry if a Theatre tried to ban "non whites".

Imagine if the headline was:

Theatre show with 'all-white audience'  that aims to explore race-related issues 'free from the black gaze'.

This is wrong on so many levels in my very humble opinion. Discrimination is discrimination. End of. And this does nothing to further relations and understanding amongst people from different races and backgrounds.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12107007/Theatre-accused-setting-dangerous-precedent-promoting-black-audience.html

• Sad 4

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

5 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Can you imagine the outdcry if a Theatre tried to ban "non whites".

Short memory? Apartheid South Africa. Segregation USA. Both were changed only on the weight of civil rights movements which - if you recall - were met by resistance and violence for years.

I'm not advocating for or defending what you've linked, as I've made clear constructive dialogue is needed. But I'd be interested to know how something like this directly impacts your life, in a morally equivalent way to broad-based, societal discrimination.

By the way, on the topic of furthering relations and understanding - I note you didn't respond to my explanation of my lived experience of racism. Hmm.

No, not short memory @r3nault. I don't need a lecture from you on the past. My point is that this happening, TODAY, is wrong. The fact it happened yesteryear is wrong too. It seems though we haven't learned the lessons from yesteryear that division is wrong.

I didn't respond to your previous comment as I didn't want the thread to go down a rat hole as it was obvious our views would not converge as I just do not agree with your point that "whites" cannot be subjected to racism.  Racism is not just about skin colour. Sometimes it is better to be quiet, and I judged that in that instance it was my best course of action to avoid any conflict.

The small print.

@C8RKH and yet, you chose to raise the same topic again, in the same vein, without apparently feeling the need to engage in the discourse I had presented to you. I had deliberately left aside the context of my original comment which had you so incensed - being the role of power relations in SYSTEMIC racism, not individual accounts of racism - and instead focused on the impact of persistent, skin colour based comments and ignorance on a person, from my personal experiences. (As an aside, you are right that it is contextual and not only about skin colour, so Muslims for example would also have experienced many denigrating and ignorant comments in recent years)

What would be the role of conflict in that regard? Other than going out of your way to invalidate my life experiences, surely if one is of an open mind one could simply acknowledge they might not know everything there is to know on the topic and the need to read more widely on it? Whether you had considered that or not - or intended it or not - the effect of ignoring my post and “moving on” is to close down the dialogue.

You are coming at the discussions with a presumptive tone, and approach, that only people of colour (in this case I assume you mean non-white) can experience racism.

I have stated quite clearly that I disagree with your presumption and yet you followed up with an a description of your experience that reinforced your pov re racism is colour based.

There is no point arguing over the same points over and again 

You seem to have a very fixed, personal view on what constitutes racism, based on your personal experiences. It also feels to me that you devalue the view a "white" person could have on racism, and what it is or is not as you believe no white person have ever experienced it. In other words, you are seeing it from your experience perspective only.

I'm not going round in circles on this.

My point and stance is very simple. Racism, of any sort to anyone is wrong and anyone can be exposed to racism. End of.

Discrimination is the same. Whether negative or so called "positive", it result is that one person has been discriminated over some other person. It's just wrong. End of 

Thanks.

The small print.

No, now you’re the one presuming. What I am saying is there is both research and personal accounts of racism, which show the impact of discrimination is not felt equally across society, if you are willing to learn about the issue.

• Gold FFM

Just read about this “event” - this is absolutely vile and is clear segregation. Stuff like this which goes out to cause division is close to being a hate crime and I’m actually surprised they have not had police intervention. 

this could be about race, gender or religion the concept in todays world is just wrong.

• Like 2

Only here once

On 19/05/2023 at 09:48, C8RKH said:

My step son is a Copper, during Covid he had at least 8 weeks off having “tested” positive for Covid. No proof was required just a call into Hq to say he wouldn’t be in for two weeks. He is currently enjoying 3 months leave on full pay for “issues”. No requirement to check in with Hr, no requirement to seek medical help. Just full pay.

My daughter was a copper, recently left the force. Never had a day off sick her whole time working. But it's also how I know they spend a lot of time on "domestics".

In my 40 years experience of working, some people are workers, some are shirkers and some are just lazy, entitled, selfish gits.

I know where my daughter sits 

• Like 1

The small print.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

My daughter was a copper, recently left the force. Never had a day off sick her whole time working. But it's also how I know they spend a lot of time on "domestics".

In my 40 years experience of working, some people are workers, some are shirkers and some are just lazy, entitled, selfish gits.

I know where my daughter sits 

Absolutely, you get them everywhere. 

The main issue that I had was that he was advised by staff when he joined, that you can have something like 15 days sick a year unquestioned, and it appeared that there is unwritten policy that this be taken.

• Sad 1

Sadly, this seems prevalent in publically funded organisations with paid sick from day one. A friends' workplace recently audited sickness and staff take on average 20 days each per year, over 200 staff. Making the first few days unpaid would nip this in the bud immediately, I don't know how it can be justified not to do it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

In our public sector, you get 21 days of fully paid sick leave each year. Days not used are added up, so you can build up a nice reserve. Until 10 years or so ago it was common practice to take all the remaining sick leave just before retiring, which could amount to several years! Recently a max of 345 days has been introduced, and it is frowned upon if you do take all of those just before retirement. But if you can find a doctor to support you, it is still possible. I have taken only 3 sick days in the 16 years I'm here, so I'm already close to the limit of 345.

My other halve is now also working in the public sector and, unfortunately, does suffer from several medical conditions that keep her home from time to time. So she's very happy with the system is, as it means when she falls sick she doesn't need to worry about her job or pay as well.

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I'm am self employed , last year I had to have both hips replaced which left me unable to work. But because I've been sensible in life and saved for a rainy day I was unable to get any financial help at all, so I had to live on my savings for a year. Makes me sick when I see what help some get for being low earners or just won't work.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

@NAC63 I feel your pain acutely.

This is why in general the working public are just so fed up with out of touch Public Sector workers.

Yes, in some cases their pay may be lower, but when you look at their perks and "benefits" you realise what a bloody easy life they have.

Teachers work 31 days a year less than anyone else. That's a month a half less than anyone else.And yet they complain like f@ck.....

• Like 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Harking back to 24 Hours In Police Custody and my son-in-law:  the gobshites were breaking into his house, riding a stolen motorcycle with no insurance, and he got 22 months for chasing them and knocking them off.  They received no sentence for their crimes.  They have now successfully sued for personal injury and received a 6-figure sum.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 8

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.