Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 15 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

• Gold FFM
14 hours ago, C8RKH said:

You should send that in the press and get them to cover it...........

I'm already heading into 'persona non grata' territory with the council by speaking to a journalist acquaintance of mine over how their Finance Dept are trying to shaft Jennifer and me regarding the nursing home costs (will reveal all on here shortly) so I suppose, in for a penny, in for a pound and all that, :o .

• Like 2

20 hours ago, C8RKH said:

You should send that in the press and get them to cover it, at the same time copy in the CEO of the council demanding an explanation on how this contractors work can be passed b y the coun il as satisfsctory, and also, be proven to be a good use of public money by the council. We both know that that will be cracked up by the winter, and after the winter, worse than it ws before. If onloy they would bloody well just do it right and proper first time, they'd save a bloody fortune. To be thye hinest, the Head of Roads in your council should be sacked for allowing/passing that.

My local council has a great way of dealing with potholes. They simply paint round them with white paint to tell you where they are, so you don’t damage your wheels or tyres. Saves a fortune.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

I was out and about in my GTE the other day on a route I drive regularly. I had just turned onto a side road and there was an almighty crash as the front right wheel found a huge pot hole. I try to be as wary as possible, but it’s just not safe to keep zigzagging your way down the road with one eye on the road surface and one eye on the oncoming traffic.

I revisited the scene a few days later and slowed down to walking pace for a good look. The pot hole was very deep, so no wonder the Evora protested so much. I definitely don’t want to break a GTE wheel: you can’t get them anywhere.

• Sad 1

A refreshing approach and journalism that provides an interesting point of view from a different angle.  The reparation claims are eye watering.

Http://www.spectator.co.uk/article/why-do-we-never-talk-about-islamic-slavery/

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

This is something I've known all my adult life, and it makes me bloody angry that we can't acknowledge it today without causing a snowflake outcry.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

BBC and the rest of the MSM.   Can anyone think of a UK leader that was found guilty of lying to MPs, breaking Covid rules on more than one occasion, financial impropriety, resigned under very 'fishy' circumstances, arrested as part of a criminal investigation - That must be Boris Johnson....  Oh no, wait it was Nicola Sturgeon - Move on, nothing to see here.

• Like 1

The only difference between BoJo and many other politicians is that he was thoroughly investigated and caught.

I'm sure that there are plenty others, just as bad, who are sleeping with one eye open.

As for Sturgeon. Let's see what the investigation uncovers.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Continuing on with my road repair (I use that word loosely in respect of my previous post) theme, I came across this little gem on the way home from work this morning, not far from the location of the earlier attempt.

Clearly somebody had gone back to school, or at least got hold of a copy of the 'Road Repairs 101' manual, since last time as the new tarmac is beautifully smooth around what had been a partly-collapsed access cover. However, they've done things just a little bit too 'by the book' when it comes to the section stating that following the repair, road markings that have been affected should be reinstated. Ignoring the obvious contrast between the fresh and the old tarmac, can you see why this repair is unfortunately less than seamless? :rolleyes:

Repair170623.jpg.40a7841991a46a5979a09a2079e6b12d.jpg

It would be laughable if it weren't for the fact that we're paying for this. I would imagine that the squad that fixed the 'hole' didn't go on to paint the centre marking - we'd have a union-driven walkout with that sort of crossing of the job demarcation lines - so a line-painting crew must have been specially contracted to come out and do that, :no.

• Sad 2

Just spent the day checking out Leeds University Open Day for my son with the whole family. Drove from East Northants by car and used about half a tank of petrol, so about £40. Next up is a trip to Newcastle University Open Day on Saturday, which is about 50% further, so probably about £60 worth of petrol. How about letting the train take the strain, I thought? Just been on the train operator website and they are quoting £996.80 for 3 adults and a child. For a weekend day return, booked a week ahead. Is it any wonder, that people choose to drive?

• Sad 1

They are so underpaid at £50-60k..... I always think that bus drivers do a more complicated job, after all there is not much steering required on the average rail line. No overtaking or dealing with traffic coming the other way, or pedestrian crossings, roundabouts.... Most drivers on main line trains don't have to deal with the travelling public much either.

• Like 1

Well I persevered and decided to go direct to Newcastle by LNER from Peterborough, so a 40 minute drive to the station. I bought a 12 month Family & Friends railcard for £30 and the return ticket for 3 adults + 1 child on the Trainline at £155. I also used the railcard for another weekend University trip from Wellingborough to Portsmouth, which worked out a very reasonable £78 return on East Midlands Trains website for the 4 of us via St Pancras and Waterloo stations.

The pricing structure really is nuts: to buy the exact same Peterborough to Newcastle tickets on LNER’s own website would have been £206.

Avanti West Coast Crewe to London, one way, started at £120.

Switched to London Midland trains. Ok, train was 30 minute slower but £20.20.

UK railways are just a huge piss take.

Looked at a standard single from Dundee to London. £198.75. Standard class. Over £300 1st Class. LNER, you know where you can shove that pricing.

BA was half the price, easyjet was £57.

I went orange (but refuse to wear fake eyelashes and get botox to complete the young woman trend).

The small print.

• Gold FFM
8 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I went orange

Traitor.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

15% of UK adults being treated for depression. Wtf.

Just get off your arses and get outside, do something positive.

If you're jobs getting you down. Get a different one.

If you haven't got a job, get one.

If you're depressed about not having enough money, get a second job.

Don't wallow. Do something abot it.

• Like 2

The small print.

Lol @Chillidoggy. I don't think an opening line of "stop feeling like a victim and get off your arse and act like an adult" would get me many bookings.

There are many reasons I can accept could put someone in depression. I lost a son at a very young age and retreated into a dark space for a period. Shit happens. Didn't need drugs though.

But I see a lot of people depressed who just need to get off their arse and do, instead of crying poor me into a mokka chocca skinny whatever. I doubt I'd ever make a good carer.....

The small print.

37 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Lol @Chillidoggy. I don't think an opening line of "stop feeling like a victim and get off your arse and act like an adult" would get me many bookings.

Oh, I dunno. If you could get on the Council's approved contractor list, I reckon you could clean up, and increase employment figures!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Margate Exotics.