Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you 'Shake your Head' today? - Page 40 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you 'Shake your Head' today?

ramjet

Some snow about for sure @PaulCP but nothing where I live on the East Coast of Scotland. Sure some snow up in the mountains, but it's mainly just been -3 to +2 weather in the last week or so. Nothing out of the ordinary at all. It was only a couple of years ago I was driving to the airport, very early in the morning, and it was -15.5.

They've been talking about a severe snowfall for the UK for the past 2 weeks. It's just a slow news month I think.

Can't remember ever, as a kid, missing a day off school for snow. Sure, we had snow, but never lost a day off school for it. And back then we had rwd cars with puny tyres. No SUV's with their AWD etc. These days, a cm of snow and our society in the Uk collapses. Teachers in their AWD SUV's can't get to schools, parents who usually have no issues with their big, clunky 4x4's suddenly can't get their kids to school, so the schools shut. What the absolute fook is that all about?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

12 hours ago, Dan E said:

So it turns out, some idiots have decided to cut half the traffic lights down around where I live, literally angle grid them off.

Drove through today and I'd agree that about half of the traffic lights were out of order with half a ULEZ camera on the floor nearby. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Jeez! Who said rock n' roll was dead....

Two Madonna fans are suing the US singer for being late by more than two hours for a show last month in New York, according to court documents.

They state the show was meant to start at 20:30 EST on all three nights, but in each case it did not begin until after 22:30, ending around 01:00.

The case says they "would not have paid for tickets" had they known it would finish so late.

The BBC has asked Madonna, Live Nation and the Barclays Center for comment.

The case, brought by Michael Fellows and Jonathan Hadden, states that "many ticketholders who attended concerts on a weeknight had to get up early to go to work and/or take care of their family responsibilities the next day".

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Maybe suing Madonna isn't the best way to deal with the situation, but she did show a huge lack of respect for her fans, who paid large sums of money to be at her show. Being late can happen once, but 3 days in a row is a joke. And it wasn't just in New York, her concert in Belgium was delayed by 2 hours as well, as were several others I think. Not what you would expect from a professional artist!

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

1 hour ago, Escape said:

Maybe suing Madonna isn't the best way to deal with the situation, but she did show a huge lack of respect for her fans, who paid large sums of money to be at her show. Being late can happen once, but 3 days in a row is a joke. And it wasn't just in New York, her concert in Belgium was delayed by 2 hours as well, as were several others I think. Not what you would expect from a professional artist!

I thought this kind of thing was pretty much dead in the water these days. Noise limits and timings have been very strict for many years now.

Bands being late during the 70’s was always the case, usually because they were off their tits, while their roadies attempted to get them into some kind of coherence back stage. 

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Probably had to glue her face back in place.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I remember going to see a fairly well-known band at the De Montfort Hall in Leicester back in the 1980s. It started so late that we had to leave straight after the support act, so that we didn’t miss the last train home. Is it too late to sue?

Yet again, we see the perpetrator of a heinous crime being portrayed as a "victim". A poor wee lost soul who "made a mistake"!

Never mind that the primary school pupil, who was subjected to 27 hours of sexual assault, will have to live with that for life - his sentence of 20 years was too harsh!

Absolutely incredible that any human being would represent this case given there is no doubt of guilt.

Makes me sick to my core.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-south-scotland-68031537

The small print.

From the article

"This is his first offence for such a serious matter."

"There were long periods where Miller lived his life and did not cause any harm.

I suspect you could put a different spin on those quotes... 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bibs said:

It's a good argument for introducing ol' sparky to the UK imo. 

Electricity is expensive. This is a much quicker and cheaper solution for our legal system to deploy.

I begrudge my tax money being used to keep this piece of shit alive, fed, clothed, housed and entertained for 20 years.

My thoughts are for the child, the ONLY victim in this crime.

image.png.24e46e9f03c709b748abe68373b04561.png

The small print.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/25420577/watch-shocking-moment-stolen-car-zigzags-police-chase/?utm_campaign=native_share&utm_source=sharebar_native&utm_medium=sharebar_native

Training exercise,  really, more like madness ,one small mistake could end up in disaster taking out an innocent member of the public.🤬🤬

Looked well controlled to me, and they do need to get trained in as close to real situations as possible.

The small print.

Are stories like this for real?

50 hours a week at national minimum wage is over £500 a week, £26k a year.

Just looked and flats are available in Glasgow, 2 bedroomed, for £500-600 pcm. Seems affordable to me!

My son earns about the same. He's bought himself a 3 bed house in Dundee. It's a great house. If he can do it, why can't this guy?

Not saying it's going to be easy, or a palace, but it does feel like if you want to, you can.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-68033982

The small print.

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Are stories like this for real?

50 hours a week at national minimum wage is over £500 a week, £26k a year.

Just looked and flats are available in Glasgow, 2 bedroomed, for £500-600 pcm. Seems affordable to me!

My son earns about the same. He's bought himself a 3 bed house in Dundee. It's a great house. If he can do it, why can't this guy?

Not saying it's going to be easy, or a palace, but it does feel like if you want to, you can.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-68033982

On the plus side - as long as he keeps working, at least he'll never go hungry.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

image.png.7015c9b0c5f534d994d07c620528334b.png

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

20 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Since when does a blustery spell of typical winter weather become a named storm with met office warnings and cancelled trains etc?

Since we all got woke, snowflakey and full of shit.

The small print.

Going back to HMRC, we too are having issues with them getting stuff right.

It wouldn't surprise me if they used Fujitsu computer systems much like the Post Office.

The country is totally fooked these days it seems 😒

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, madmax said:

Going back to HMRC, we too are having issues with them getting stuff right.

It wouldn't surprise me if they used Fujitsu computer systems much like the Post Office.

The country is totally fooked these days it seems 😒

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/jan/16/fujitsu-it-workers-hmrc-systems-to-go-on-strike

The small print.

On 12/01/2024 at 18:13, C8RKH said:

He will. If nothing else he can fill in a self assessment tax form after 1st April and he will get a refund. But the retailer's payroll department should be able to fix it.

Your optimism was fully justified. My son has just got his latest payslip and the incorrectly deducted tax has now been refunded and his tax code corrected. 👍

• Like 2