Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
89 SE Loss of Power No CEL - ECU/Freescan/Espritmon - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

89 SE Loss of Power No CEL

As above, my 89SE coughed a couple of times and then seemed to go into a limp home mode with no CEL.

It starts but sounds a bit tinny and has no oomph. When the throttle is pressed, it does not respond instantly, but slowly. No misfire as such. When I checked the codes, there was the usual IAC issue (previous post) and a Knock sensor which cleared.

I attach two files, one on a short run, the other while idling with the car static.

Any ideas?

(This month I have had 4 of my vehicles pack in, blow head gaskets, or fail MOTs , now this!)

poor run static 26th Sept.xls Poor Run 26th Sept.xls

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd start with a visual check: are the various small 'vacuum' pipes from the plenum to the pressure regulator, MAP etc still connected and intact?

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

TPS numbers look a bit strange...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

On 27/09/2024 at 10:58, scottytwo said:

seemed to go into a limp home mode with no CEL.

Does the CEL still light up when you turn the ignition on?

Cheers,

John W

22 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Unless I’m mistaken, even at full MAP, there’s no wastegate or secondary injector readings. Is that right for the model?

The coolant temperature does not get high enough for boost control and neither RPM or MAP get high enough for the secondary injectors to be used.

2 hours ago, sailorbob said:

The coolant temperature does not get high enough for boost control and neither RPM or MAP get high enough for the secondary injectors to be used.

What does Freescan log full boost on the SE log as?

Margate Exotics.