Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Pics of your car in noteworthy places - Page 2 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Pics of your car in noteworthy places

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

Wikkid pic, Bibs! I wonder who the photographer was? Sheer genius.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Hi,

Ok, not exactly my car, but it is me in a noteworthy place, at the Lotus factory. In the James Bond Car, 1979 outside the Clubhouse, on the section of the test track now not used and near the front entrance, perhaps near to what is now the security gate building. Those buildings in the back ground where perhaps original hangers.

JB02.jpgJB03.jpg

JB01.jpgJB04.jpg

Owen

Edited by OwenGT3

Lotus Concourse

Mine.jpg

My old S4 Elan, with the winners plaque.

Now here's a mission for some one, I reckon Mark, best of memories either 76 or 77, I think it may even have been the very first Lotus Open day at Hethel, they demoed the Bond Esprit and Gunnar Neilson's F1 car. pictures please we are looking for a 67 S3 SE Elan in yellow registration LJB 618E. Look closely at the avatar.

Roger B)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

At the Coventry factory where this car was made:

sunbeamathomeincoventryhg9.jpg

Blimey mate - That'll be Ryton then? I used to work there on the Talbot then Peugeot-Talbot assembly line.............You should see it now - all gone.

Once Peugeot pulled out developers bought the land hoping to build a few hundred houses before the current UK Housing collapse took hold...........

The grass is slowly turning it into fields..................Sad

Edited by nello

I didn't know it was gone. It was called Ryton on Dunsmore wasn't it? It's good someone else recognized it and I'm sure glad I got a chance to get the car on the premises then......I don't suppose many exported cars ever returned there.

Models? I have a few. I'll avoid distracting this thread any further though. I posted pics on another thread and I seem to have killed that one in so doing.....

http://www.lotusespritforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=19040

Keep the pics coming they're brilliant!

Mel Gibson only acted the part

Lotus Factory visit 1979

Hi Robert - yes but its known simply as Ryton to us Cov-kids! ....(that includes Kimbers Jr and Snr!)

Peugeot pulled production out of the UK a couple of years ago which was the nail in the coffin. Jag have moved Assembly Production out too.

The only 'car' left being built in UK motor-town is still this:

tx4-next-to-building.jpg

Aberdeen Football Club............Where Fraser and I end up most Saturdays .....if there is not a Scotland game on :lol:

I LOVE that last pic!

It oozes "atmosphere!" :)

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked him to forgive me."

------------------------------

ribbon200.gifG-Car Owner and Proud! ribbon200.gif

My car, my house:

myhomeismycastlehj5.jpg

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

My Gardener:

enamorepartdeux.jpg

:)

Ciao,

JB

'88 Excel SE - monaco white

'99 Elise 111 - azure blue �

'87 TurboEsprit - calypso red

'02 BMW 325ci convertible - diamond black

wwwlotusexceldebannernew300eu5.jpg

http://excelregister.lotusexcel.de

My 1974 Europa (I am the original and sole owner). The picture location (local Lotus dealer, when it was still in buisness several months back) is "noteworthy" only in that this was the first time (late April of this year) the car had "seen the light of day" in 25 years. I know that's "criminal", and it wasn't planned. The clock reads 28,782 and is "actual milage". The car was transported from my garage by flatbed to the dealership as part of an expected sale to the Lotus mechanic there (who better?). About the time he succeeded in getting the motor running once more, the dealership folded its tent, putting him out of a job. Needless to say, this put the kibosh on further efforts to return the vehicle to roadworthy status (it was mechanically sound when I last parked it). He is currently commuting to Houston each week, having found new employment at the Lotus dealership there, but with only weekends at home here in Austin, and (apparently) finances (his) an issue, the car is "in limbo" in his garage for the time being. I retain title to the car, per written agreement. Remains to be seen how this will all play out.

The car is completely stock, except for the Sanyo "8 track" (yes, you read that correctly) tape player/AM radio that I installed last century. Drilling the hole for the radio antenna was the scariest part of the install.

I know this must sound a bit like an E Bay ad, but I knew there'd be questions.

Of independent historic note: this is the first "landscape" cell phone pic that "Dummy John" has outfoxed his rudimentary "My Pictures" program into "rotating" 90 degrees and still be "sendable" to a server. Bibs would be so proud. And no more chiropractor bills from fellow members.

(Look, Roger. No Wing! Happy? :D )

Edited by Iconic Ride

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

I just turn my screen on it's side!

That's a beautiful car. I'm on a mission now, I'd like a Europa and shall make efforts to track one down! Andy Clements has a lovely example in need of a touch of tlc but even as it is, it's just such a good looking car!

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.