Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random Pictures & Videos - Page 226 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random Pictures & Videos

Bibs

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Apart from the trees they are cutting down (especially in Ireland) in preparation for the new towers, many people are calling for at least some testing to be done.

https://takebackyourpower.net/brussels-first-major-city-to-halt-5g-due-to-health-effects/?fbclid=IwAR1i8Yj9u_Mbx0Y1CkYyh4BLNKYXDKOsabFYb3EXqyQlLSrtI4DIzuAFDW4

buddsy

That reads like an anti vaxxer site without any specific detail. At its simplest 5G is just a new protocol on 4G radio frequencies and its the RF that's important. The new radio frequencies are in two blocks. Sub 6GHz similar to some wifi and microwave in the 30GHz range. Confusingly your domestic microwave is in the 2.4GHz range along with original wifi and Bluetooth. Both deployed worldwide with no appreciable rise in brain tumours etc. 

Then you get to output power where there are very strict limits on what can radiated close to the body vs from a base station conveniently glossed over by the article.

I am more than happy to read through and give airtime to objective scientific debate but that site doesn't pass the sniff test.

• Gold FFM

Don’t underestimate the affects on the human body of RF.

i remember having to swap metal strengthening plates in rucksacks for fibreglass ones as operators were experiencing kidney warming !

Only here once

11 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Trouble is in the US there has been no scientific debate relating to health to living organisms.

When I was an apprentice I used to go to RAF Neatishead where we were not allowed to climb ladders without a concession to get the microwave antennas turned off. may well be a different type of signal but still...  

There has been lots of debate over many years. And you were quite right not to climb a radar tower. It would cook you.

It's all about output power and proximity to the body. Handsets have much lower power as they are against the body.

Base stations aren't against the body and have much higher output power which degrades with distance (weak signals anyone?).

It's been studied for years and years.

As far as I can find out, some radar operates in the same frequency band as microwave ovens (2.45GHz) and, therefore, will heat up water.  5G cellular bands, however, operate at 3.4 to 3.8GHz in Europe with some use of 26GHz which is well below infra-red 300GHz to 430THz so it shouldn't lead to any heating and is way too low to cause (biological) cell damage.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

9 hours ago, USAndretti42 said:

As far as I can find out, some radar operates in the same frequency band as microwave ovens (2.45GHz) and, therefore, will heat up water.  5G cellular bands, however, operate at 3.4 to 3.8GHz in Europe with some use of 26GHz which is well below infra-red 300GHz to 430THz so it shouldn't lead to any heating and is way too low to cause (biological) cell damage.

A little more complicated. 5G new radio bands are in 3.8 to 6GHz. Commonly known as sub 6GHz and greater than 28GHz. There are 38 or so existing radio bands ranging from 800MHz to 2.8GHz for 2,3 and 4G. Nothing prevents 5G being deployed in those as well. WiFi and Bluetooth also 2.4Ghz. Some LTEis 2.3GHz.

53million light years away,weighs as much as 6.5 billion suns ,just can't imagine it.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Looks like someone left a cheerio on the lens of their Telescope!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/04/2019 at 12:19, Bibs said:

Saw him live at Stevenage Locarno 1967 I think.

11-11-2006 01_40_42pm.jpg

Those were the days

FB_IMG_1556575809856.jpg.7d4a71a0aa61177f39a8b587ab743c03.jpg

• Like 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed some new event signs on our road yesterday and popped along to the local equestrian centre of all places to find a number of helicopters!  It seems our neighbour and local business boss (Andrew Whitehouse) owns/runs Historic Helicopters in his spare time from the same site.  They were flying one of their two Wessex aircraft for the first time having recently managed to get an air worthiness certificate again after a considerable layoff and refurb.   He's also got the only flying Whirlwind; and two (non flying) Sea Kings.  We often see him in his white Bell JetRanger 3, and white Hughes 300 overhead and the JetRanger was there too.  As was a Gazelle, but I don't think that was one of his.  Anyway..the Wessex was quite a beast and good to see up close.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny