Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 3 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

getting the instrument binnacle off today in about 10 minutes without scuffing the steering wheel and replacing the 2 duff light switches which would switch off all my lights except my headlights when driving down dark roads. This made me think nothing was wrong as I had headlights but I actually had no other lights EXCEPT the headlights. !!!!!!!!

Anyway, problem solved for

I went to the bank this morning, they saw it my way, my figures were right, they were wrong, I'm happy and I didn't have to hurt anybody :hrhr: I like it when they see things my way :sofa: I like banks really I do :) but it is good when you don't need to accidentally hurt people, not that I would, or even right stories as to how the concrete mixer got out of control and crashed into the bank injuring or killing all those inside. :)

So I'm feeling really good today, I don't need to steel that concrete mixer after all. No I don't need :help:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

If it's a bad thing then you shouldn't be happy. But you are. Therefore it must be a good thing!! I have s imple outlook on life but it works!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

I'm happy because I got everything I was supposed to have got done actually done today in work.... bit of a first. And it looks like the company will finally be putting something towards a daily drive for me. Which could mean another new boring car for me soon :) I'll keep you posted. I've also listened through all my old CDs from my teenage years and it has brought back many nostalgic memories... That was the best bit... :P

EspritMiltonKeynes - ironically now lives in Edinburgh London (SE4)

Today I am happy because I'm now half way through my notice period which means only 10 more working days and even more importantly I will only have to get up at 5am on a Monday morning one more time.

Expect a 'today I am elated' post from me this time next week when I can say I never have to get up an 5am on a Monday morning again!

• Gold FFM

I'm happy that I've finally returned to this wonderful country with its glorious climate, prosperous economy, and considerate drivers. Feck.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Had a hangover this morning :(

By 9.30 I'd signed up a new Franchisee :(

By 10.00 I'd signed up a second Franchisee :blush:

By 10.50 I'd Sold 10 Cars and replaced them with another 10 :w00t:

By 12.00 I'd Bought another 6 :bounce:

Am now a very happy bunny!!

Stop me and buy one!!

Not today, but Saturday just gone.

Driving in one of a line of five Elans from Jurby to Sulby on the IOM in torrential rain and gales, having just aborted a planned track session. Hurtling the other way to meet us at the track is a red Esprit, piloted by your very own Islandbloke. Brief chat, agree to and proceed to have a few coffees whilst talking Lotus and any thing IOM.

That evening sitting in same bar we get a mention on the radio by said Islandbloke on his chat show "look out for the Elan boys, they're a nice bunch, give them a wave if you see them about over the weekend!"

Plenty of people waving at us on Sunday, and not all of them two fingered!

That man is a terrific ambassador for his favourite make and model of car as well as his chosen homeland - cheers Stu, good to meet up with you again!

Already planning next year's trip!

Edited by Dave Eds

Dave.

Sunday night, home, showered and dog tired after competing today, in a 7 hour enduro kart race with my two sons and good friend. We had a great time with rain threatening all day but not eventuating.

Quite impressive how these karts can be so reliable, though we did need to change one of the engines due to being seized, in the first hour. Very close racing and no incidents with some 140 drivers and over 30 karts were competing.

7hourOranPark2-11-08016.jpg

DanR

Yep - Lewis nicking it back on the last corner. And (my bad) Ferrari celebrating before the fat lady sang...

Proud recipient of the LEF 'Car of the Month Award' February 2008

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: "Wow, what a ride!!"

• 3 weeks later...

It's a small thing. But sometimes it's the small things that can make your day.

The tailgate "microswitch" that turns the boot lights on and off (and is also a part of the alarm system) has been missing its rubber "accordian cover" (the "boot" within the boot, one might say) since day one of acquisition of the car. It's something that has been "on the back burner" for some time now. A sort of low level "nag" to be attended to.

On my recent visit to Los Angleles to visit my sister and father, and while driving [a rental car] from her house to my dad's, I stopped along the way at the Thousand Oaks Lotus dealership, a little north of L.A. Mostly I just wanted to chat with their Lotus mechanic if he was around. The lady I talked to in the service department initially stated that the service area wasn't open on weekends, but for whatever reason, and after a short pause, she said that their mechanic was "unofficially" there. She told me to wait while she went back to the service area to see if he would see me. She returned and said that he would.

As I'm always trying to learn as much about the car as I can, I looked upon this as a golden opportunity to increase my "knowledge base" and proceeded to pick his mind about numerous topics, but primarily concerning the timing belts. "Richie" (an expatriot "Brit" who had been at the dealership for some 17 years) stopped what he was doing, disappeared for a moment, and came back with a multipage copy of the complete Lotus procedure and time interval recommendations for me to keep. With great pride he showed me the many Lotus special tools required to perform the work, describing what each was used for.

At some point I mentioned that the cover to the tailgate switch had gone missing, and even told him how Dave Simkin (the Lotus USA rep) had immediately pointed this out to me when (on a visit to Austin) he first laid eyes on my engine bay. After a nanosecond pause, Richie motioned me to follow him a short distance to a parked Jaguar, simultaneously explaining that that vehicle used the same part on its boot lid. This particular Jag was destined for the wrecker (blown engine), so he tried to pop the boot, but it was locked. This did not phase him in the least. He proceeded to locate the keys, returned, opened the lid, pulled off the switch cover and handed it to me with a grin on his face. This is a man who actually cares about Lotus customers.

Not wanting to take up any more of his time on what must have usually been a day off for him, I thanked him heartily, asked him to say "hi" to Dave for me, and departed with treasure in hand on the rest of my journey.

It's the small things. :)

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

And the reason you flew from Austin to Los Angleles, and then hired some Joe Blow average sedan to drive around in leaving a classic sports sports car at home, was ????????????? :)

I mean according to Google it's only 1,378 miles and about 19 hours 53 minutes, my experience of planning trips with Google is that you cut that down to 14-15 hours depending on law enforcement maybe down to 12 :( that might be ambitous with a wing on the back to slow you down. :)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Al

Have you done much driving in her yet? I know they're not road legal over there so I suppose it's track only.

Stop me and buy one!!