Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 4 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Al

Have you done much driving in her yet? I know they're not road legal over there so I suppose it's track only.

Kimbers,

Short answer, not nearly enough.

Long answer, on day of delivery I took it to a nearby track and did a quick 103 miles. Would have done more but late arrival and early onset of darkness this time of year cut the time allowed to play.

Second outting was just this past saturday with the local Lotus owners club. All went well untill the thrid session. One of the clips which hold the shift cable in place, popped out. That meant no easy or direct shifts into second gear. The course was very tight and twisty and no second meant no joy.

At the end of the day I only managed to obtain a 157 mile reading on the odometer.

Won't get her out again untill the first weekend in December, weather permitting.

Not being able to drive it on the streets is an exercise in frustration indeed, but patience is my only virtue. Lot's of activities planned for 2009 which will bring the mileage count up fast. Knowing that has me smiling on a regular basis.

Edited by abrussich

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Way cool, Al. And I am like'n that WING! Hope the shifter issue is sorted quickly for you.

Tony (and Bibs), this is Texas, sometimes refrerred to by the State Travel honchos as "A whole 'nother country!" Half the people here drive without a license or insurance, so what's another "scofflaw" in the greater scheme of things? :hrhr: My guess is that Al will last about a week more before he sneaks out for a little midnight madness. And who could blame him? :)

Yeehawwwww!....

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

Bought an Elise today. Made me real happy :hrhr:

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Err. Well I suppose not. But I have an excellent justification! Actually I dont.

Was put off by the one in Yorkshire Bibs. Having mad 4 hour each way travel arrangements, I was advised by the seller that I could not buy the car if i wanted it as 2 other people were viewing! He would then select his preffered candidate I presume.

Consequently, I opted out of selection process and bought this one instead.

PB220330.jpg

PB220328.jpg

Strangely enough, Yorkshire chap just rang offering me the car I was originally going to see, as the Trader from France is proving a challenge!

Pants pictures just off phone...

Find it here on Pistonheads

Lightning Yellow Elise Sport 135 2002

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM
I was advised by the seller that I could not buy the car if i wanted it as 2 other people were viewing! He would then select his preffered candidate I presume.

What a Knob. Hope he gets no offers.

Looks like you got yourself a cracker though Paul.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

I picked up a new gadget today

BikeHF2.jpg

Now I can listen to the radio, mp3, and take phone calls whilst I'm cycling.

Love a good gadget :hrhr: Roger

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

There should be a caption under it which reads "Would one like fries with that"

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

With the site issues Spammers managed to get on site giving me the chance to ban someone for the first time in ages. I also got to delete some posts......

Amazing what makes power hungry Mods happy........... :hrhr:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

Ok, Suspend then. :hrhr: Now you put me on a downer.......... :)

Stop me and buy one!!

3047962082_e80a83c661.jpg

Well it made me smile

Well Stephen, if the market keeps heading south for much longer you're likely to see my ugly mug standing right next to her in the not too distant future. Now that should produce a few ROTFL's! :):hrhr::(

Cheer up Tony. You can suspend me if you like, but please reinstate immediately :hrhr:

Edited by rocket63

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Today is my wife's and I's 5th anniversary. Not bad considering we knew each other for 3 months before getting married. Just goes to show that impulse decision can be the best decisions. :hrhr:

Edited by GavinT

• Gold FFM

Knowing that tomorrow I'll have Three red Esprits on my drive! And my neighbour will have a face like a slapped arse.

Wow - 2 bonuses in one. :hrhr:

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Well I cycled down to the beach listening to Mahler

DSC00017.jpg

Had a swim, listened to the cricket and came home in time to watch the touring cars from Tasmania, (saloons to us Brits) which reminds me, how is the weather over there??

Roger :hrhr:

I've heard that Australian sharks really dig Mahler, Roger. :hrhr: (But they don't bother "finned" Esprit owners---"professional courtesy" I'm told) :)

Sun sand and sea....what more could you want except this!!!!!

Picture002.jpg

As of half an hour ago!! Been snowing solidly ever since! HAPPY CHRISTMAS HOHOHO

Stop me and buy one!!