Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 26 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

• Gold FFM

I believe it's termed 'garnish'. Allows the vendor to add 40% to the price.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Got the roof finished on the new garage I'm building, doors go in this week and power later this week as well. Then it's knock the fence down in front of it and get the driveway paved and house has four car lockup garage. Then once the kids leave, the Esprit has it's own 7m x 7m garage.

;)

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Just got off the phone with Cos at Sporto - my old yellow shed has just this afternoon managed to get itself through the MOT again for this year. thumbsup.gif

It always a relief, despite knowing that it's pretty well sorted and I do maintain it properly, but having that piece of paper issued sure is a weight off!

Finally got my heatpump aircon/heating system commissioned this morning; couldn't do it myself as it needed more gas than standard, owning to the pipes being longer to get the outside unit out of earshot from the balcony. I could find no way of getting any more gas into the thing without professional assistance....as I've spent my entire life doing everything myself, this hurt..but can't even buy the gas as a dilettante amateur! So, Monsieur Odry has just added 120 grammes of R410a and vacuumed the pipework before we turned it on...did 30 minutes in forced cooling, and now is pumping out the heat like the clappers!! At last...cost effective climate control...and only 4 months too late for winter!! Problem is, all the aircon technicians swan off on hols this time of year, and they wouldn't have wanted to turn out in the snow in any case....

SO...three hearty cheers and caloo calay!! Day is sufficiently frabjous for me...

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

KayakTrip112.jpg

After spectacularly screwing my back up almost a moth ago I was able to take the kayak out to day.

KayakTrip15.jpg

Met up with a couple of friends, a nice day.:thumbup:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Well, yesterday was good, have been forwarded to the second round of the selection process following my interview last week, maybe soon I'll have a job! Closer but still a long way to go..!

Today on the other hand has been a complete f'in bitch so far! and it's not likely to improve for some time!

Edited by Simon350S

Chunky Lover

Wednesday was good...Ace Cafe Evening was great fun. Today is Friday, so every reason to be happy. Tomorrow the boss gets back from Cyprus so I will make sure she hasn't any house work or other jobs to do...and then next Saturday I get to play the organ at Rochester Cathedral! I know it won't float everyone's boats but the thrill of filling a huge and ancient building full of music is almost impossible to describe. Part of my life wish list is to play in as many Cathedrals as possible and so far I am up to 6!sorcerer.gif

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

A remarkable bird is the Pelican

His bill can hold more than his Bellican;

He can hold in his beak

Enough food for a week -

Though I'm damned if I know how in Hellican!!

Edited by molemot

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

We´ve got puppies !

One of our bitches (Stringy) had four gorgeous girls. They are so cute and it is going to be hard to let them go..... or so my wife tells me :)

f_grq4v428m_8ab81e6.jpg

f_grq4v448m_01ee129.jpg

Sekinger Naughtnewfs..

Cheers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Lovely Puppies (pm GKP)!!

I said 'sod it!' and dug over the garden. Beaut' and I had a lovely walk and I sat in the garden with a glass of wine.

Again, simple things in life, although, the smell of petrol from the garage is a bit funky.

:)

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg

Both the heir and the spare have returned intact from their respective "spring break" journies, the older from his Utah ski trip and the younger from his NYC jazzfest school trip. Against all odds, both enjoyed spectacular weather for the entire week. When they have had sufficient rest I am looking forward to pictorial documentation from each, that I may indulge in parental vicariousness.smile.gif

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

A nice little drive this morning, about 100 miles. To see a Vascular Surgeon, as some of you may know I have been having some health issues. I had a traffic accident about 7 years ago and it seams that both major arteries to the legs were damaged, no one has picked it up before, but it seems they have been gradually silting up over the years.

So I’ll be in within the month, to have a balloon fitted to the right one, (the worse of the 2) followed soon after for the left one, check in op day 1 recuperate day 2 and out ! When I came out of Hospital in November I could barely make it to the top of the drive, and although much improved I cannot tell you what a relief it is to have found the source and to know there is a cure.

:rofl::animier::animier::animier::animier::animier::animier::animier::animier:

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Well yesterday - but sitting in Brian's (Bingoking's) V8 for a tour of the Scottish borders checking out the roads for our Scottish Section tour on the 11th. First time spent in an Esprit other than a static one after lusting after them for 40 years. animier.gifrespect.gifanimier.gif Ooooh that itch is not satisfied though. Dammit.

Followed that up with dropping in on Murray Motors who were having and Evora driving event for a drop of Evora with sport g'box and another with sport Exhaust. A great big boys day. It was all worth the "discussion" for being later in than planned. (Now how can I convince her indoors that an Esprit is an investment..........whistle.gif)

P.S. Cummon Scottish readers or even N. E. England readers sign up for our tour over on the Scottish section. We have a good route planned and with a stop at Jim Clark Room in Duns. You can join up along the way if coming from the S.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

I was well made up today I got 4 rare military badges from her ladyships cousin in Queensland, Australia, took six days to come and I was not expecting them so was quite a surprise, I had been looking for 2 of them for years.

I'm happy - got my Army uniform tonight :)))

I get to stomp and run around in my 2 new pairs of boots, play with my gas mask, bang my head against walls with my kevlar helmet and shape my berret.

I'm a man of very simple pleasures.

facebook = jon.himself@hotmail.co.uk