Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 103 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

That's not the Kent Cricket Pitch and Racquet Club. I can tell.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

After all the work and effort you put in for The Lotus Festival you've earned the right, Bibs. 

And if Sparky's given it his personal approval it's got to be a happening place. 

My vicarious thoughts are with you. Enjoy!

• Like 1

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

• Gold FFM

Actually it's small, secluded, quiet, relaxed - the best chill-out place we've ever found.  What makes it is its people.  They are by far the nicest bunch we've ever found worldwide, and are now firm friends from gardeners to General Manager.  Been going there for years, but it looks like events have conspired to alter our routine this time, otherwise we'd be there in about 4 weeks!  Bibs, I'll give you a long list of names to look out for, and a few pointers.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

After a long day of writing a tender response I went for a blast in the Evora. Stopped at the traffic light's with the windows down and a lad about 13/14 walked past in his school uniform. Stopped. Looked at the car - up, down, front, back, then walked over to pax window and shouted in - "wow, really nice car mate - lovely".  If we didn't live in such a bloody PC / paranoid world I'd have offered him the chance to jump in for a quick 10 minute spin and a photo of him in the driving seat. Unfortunately, doing a stranger a good deed is just not worth the risk / an option these days!  Maybe I should post in "what made you sad today" too!

Anyways - top lad, hopefully one day he'll be in a Lotus too.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Know the feeling of PC correctness. Couple of year's back I was in a multi car park and found a little kid of about 2 wandering about. I approached her to see if she was ok as she was on her own but was left feeling guilty as not my kid, a little girl crying, in a car park, with an old man with other's looking on. In the end I went and found a car park attendant to sort it out. It's crap that normal people can be left feeling like that when you are genuinely trying to help someone.

• Like 1

Yeah - as I'm getting to be an old fart I'm thinking about retirement and of all the parks I will not be able to go into and sit down in with a flask and a buttie just enjoying the green and open space as some bitch of a PC mother will no doubt take exception and report me for being some sort of a pervert!  It freakin' makes my blood boil the way we have to now be so bloody PC and think about our actions no matter how "normal" or innocent they are. It's bloody outrageous really.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

34 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Yeah - as I'm getting to be an old fart I'm thinking about retirement and of all the parks I will not be able to go into and sit down in with a flask and a buttie just enjoying the green and open space as some bitch of a PC mother will no doubt take exception and report me for being some sort of a pervert!  It freakin' makes my blood boil the way we have to now be so bloody PC and think about our actions no matter how "normal" or innocent they are. It's bloody outrageous really.

Try not to wear the just the mack next time with nothing underneath and you may not get reported :P

• Like 2

A

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

...get a dog ?.

seriously, even 10 years ago an older gentleman ( who had admittedly lost a dog a year previously) used to carry a lead on all his walks so that people wouldn't look at him askance. 

As you say, Sad World!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
On 6 August 2016 at 21:50, Bibs said:

Made in Portugal,  and Portugal is nice :)

Where a lot of Holdens are going to be made now that they have left Australia.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Finally sent an email to one of our local radio stations saying they should should their callsign from K-Rock to K-Rap. Remove the hyphen if you want.

Won't change anything, but I feel better. :doc:

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Got pulled over by Police for an emission check, never even knew they did this, only had car a few weeks but had passed MOT a few months ago, wait...OK sir all good! I asked how was it, she replied "very good for a car this old"  Phew!

What happens if you fail?

They'd give you a 'notice of rectification' I think it's called and you have to get it fixed, get it stamped that it's fixed by an MOT station within 14 days. I'd have thought it was more of a VOSA issue though, rather than the fuzz. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

14 hours ago, Sparky said:

@Choppa fantastic news on the exhaust!  So when we gonna see it in action?

I was a bit disappointed to miss the festival at Brands because of the problem with the exhaust and I simply wasn't going to turn up in the daily drive,  I guess the next "organised" thing I'll attend will be Newlands Corner for a bacon butty, but I could always nip over to Watford Exotics HQ in it one weekend when you'll be spannering on some one else's Esprit and do a bit of pointing.

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

• Gold FFM

Got a cambelt in on Saturday - feel free to pop along; there'll no doubt be others!  And to stay on topic, everyone will be happy that day.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

That '68 Mustang in light green (Lime Gold actually) looks exactly like the car my sister's boyfriend of the time was driving back in the 70's.

Bet he wishes he still had it , but I know she's glad she moved on (he couldn't commit to marriage after years together and my nieces are now in their late 20s)    ;)

• Gold FFM

I got my used (new to me) MOTU 5 in, 5 out MIDI interface today. Now just have to wait for the varnish to dry on my homemade mounting unit and I'm a happy camper. :animier: