Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you happy today? - Page 31 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you happy today?

Laura

Thanks Laura,

We´re going to be busy, busy, busy....

See you in a couple of weeks :getmecoat:

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Congratulations Mike, you must be having my share.

Anyway Passed the MOT today :getmecoat:

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

Thank you all for your kind congratulations.

Although some way off, it is going to take some planning, as Gill wants to have this baby in Italy..... we have some good friends living a little North of Venice, so it looks likely to take some weeks there towards the end of her term. :getmecoat:

Cheers,

Mike S

1996 Esprit V8, 1998 Esprit V8 GT, 1999 Esprit S350 #002 (Esprit GT1 replica project), 1996 Esprit V8 GT1 (chassis 114-001), 1992 Lotus Omega (927E), 1999 Esprit V8SE, 1999 Esprit S350 #032, 1995 Esprit S4s, 1999 Esprit V8 GT (ex-5th Gear project), 1999 Esprit V8SE ('02 rear)

1999 S350 #002 Esprit GT1 replica

Found out this weekend that Gill and I are having yet another baby...... this will be #007..... :getmecoat:

Congrats Mike!!! Now you know if it's a boy the obvious name choice!! tongue.gif

My youngest's birthday was yesterday (he is 11 and autistic) and have bought him an I pod (he kept nicking my I phone to play on) and have loaded it with vids and apps he likes. His giggling is the best noise in the world

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Using my new Muthing Flail for the first time...its mega!

IMG_3868.jpg

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

• 2 weeks later...

It being my sixty-fourth birthday, I thought it appropriate to mark the occasion by taking my mistress out to lunch. But where, exactly..? Then the answer presented itself. The restaurant Le Coligny at Chatillon Coligny, birthplace of Becquerel of nuclear research fame. So..I fired up the Lotus and off we went. A very pleasant 30mile drive saw me parking le bolide outside the restaurant, and bagging a table in the sunlit courtyard. The staff recognised me..even after several years absence .. not sure whether this is good or bad! Had a magnificent lunch; Bottle of Pomerol..pate de foie gras, scollops, le trou normande (pear sorbet and calvados, in this case).. an excellent fillet steak with wild mushroom sauce.. cheese and finally they brought out a dessert of an assotment of sweetie items including a cake with a candle and "Happy Birthday" written on the plate in chocolate sauce!! After the coffee it was time to bimble off home. I'm becoming a wimp...60 odd miles and hardly got above 100mph...

En route my mistress celebrated her birthday, too, by clocking up 98,000 miles....! When I got back to the little chalet by the canal I decided that gardening would have to wait. Having snapped the stepladder like a dry twig yesterday when cutting the top of the hedge, falling flat on back still waving the hedge trimmer, and suffering no more than a slightly bruised coccyx, pushing my luck in that regard didn't appeal. Thus, I have decided to take the rest of the day laying fallow...apart from maybe a few tinctures sur terrasse.

Every time I drive the Turbo Esprit, I realise I have forgotten what it's like....every time it's a revelation!! Next year, may mark 65 years (and the Old Age Pension!) with a party and barbecue. Plenty of room for tents.....!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

Certainly was.....maybe a few too many tinctures....just prised spine off mattress at 1130!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...

Happy bunny today...Lotus S4s passed the MOT and was described by the tester as one of the best condition Esprits he had ever seen...and my wife Marion will be back home tonight after working in Germany this week.:rolleyes:

Though this be madness yet there is method in it ( Polonius in William Shakespeare's Hamlet)

Well yesterday really, but still happy today

My first carp. :thumbsup:

1stcarp.jpg

It was bigger than my hand span to give you a gauge for size, i reckon about 8-10ibs in weight so not a monster. It stillput up a good fight though.

1stcarpsize.jpg