Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Essex Random Images....... - Page 33 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Essex Random Images.......

nello

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whose page was that posted in Dave?

Tenuous Essex link here but was sad to read of the passing of Mansour Ojjeh - for those that don't know Ojjeh was the chap who bailed Thieme out of Jail though would love to know more about their connection.

• Like 2

Hi Neil

It was post on The Lotus Esprit group and originated from Jocelyn Hurtubise who posted in another group.

This was the text with it;

A Lotus Spirit apartment at Mark Thatcher (Who sold guns to shady countries) son of former Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in the early 80. s. Photo taken by my father.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/208104559927658/permalink/1005118806892892/

Regards

Dave 

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link to that photo. If anyone else has any photos of Essex 100, I am interested in getting copies... I'm the current owner.

Cheers

Mike   

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Think we've had the cover before - 

image.png.af04b5987a64bae72ea3170281fc29d8.png

.......but possibly not the tickets -  Mark Surer was moving to Ensign at the time..........

image.png

Edited by nello
  • Love 1

its the #10307 they offerd me private the car allready a half year ago, 

its a great looking car!

• 2 weeks later...

Tea Thieme?

IMG_20201029_161324_1~2.jpg

• Like 1

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

Does anyone actually know where Thieme took the name Essex from? He's definitely not from Romford.....................

Last heard of in Monaco, I believe

7 hours ago, Bazza 907 said:

A bit more home made

IMG_0086.jpg

Take ya pic, Barrie (Type 88 not included). I have one for you 😉

IMG_20210713_194002_1.jpg

• Like 1

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

Jack last heard of in Paris. He ran Essex Petroleum out of his Monaco apartment (see earlier pics on this thread) until it all went pear-shaped.

• Like 1

OK not strictly Lotus/Essex but interesting to see the Panasonic Cockpit unit that went in to the Aston Martin Bulldog - 

No photo description available.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
On 01/07/2021 at 11:48, v8vantage said:

Is this a real one?  Seems to be missing a number and the dates seem wrong...  Could be my crappy language translation skills.  :)

Instagram: @tpupnomad

1980 Lotus Esprit S2

1985 Lotus Turbo Esprit

Some other stuff  🤠

The Jim Loose "Essex" chassis no. 10307LHD is not part of the numbered Essex sequence and not recognised by Lotus as a genuine numbered Essex.

The present owner purchased the car from Stocksports Cars in the UK.

On 02/08/2021 at 17:28, Leigh Greenham said:

I have been in touch with motorsport broadcaster and commentator Andrew Marriott whose PR company was commissioned by Team Essex Lotus to organise the Royal Albert Hall events in 1980 & 81.  He has found some memorabilia in his attic including the two Programmes which are now difficult to find.  He is willing to part with it for a package price of £100 inc p&p, paid by Paypal.  If interested please contact him directly at armarriott@hotmail.com .  List and pictures below.

Leigh

• Media racecard and press release envelope.
  • Press release about Mario going to Indy in Essex colours and photo.
  • The two different magazines we produced for Essex
  • Photos of support vehicles
  • A4 brochure on Essex Commemorative Esprit Turbo brochure. Some damage left hand top corner.

Essex Marriott 8.jpg

Essex Marriott 7.jpg

Essex Marriott 6.jpg

Essex Marriott 5.jpg

Essex Marriott 4.jpg

Essex Marriott 3.jpg

Essex Marriott 2.jpg

Essex Marriott 1.jpg

Don't you want to buy it? It will be a good collection.