Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Essex Random Images....... - Page 38 - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Essex Random Images.......

nello

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
31 minutes ago, Bling said:

Well done Barrie. Did you win last year ?

That was Salon Prive at Blenheim Palace - Really strange that the two highest profile ones in the UK are both held on the same weekend - seems bonkers to me.

• Like 1

This was the only bit of Essex related stuff I could see in next month's auction of Nigel Mansell's racing collection:

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/nm23/nigel-mansell-s-legacy-collection/lots/n0057-1981-team-essex-lotus-formula-1-framed-racing-suit/1394932/additional 

Essex overalls.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Club together for a group buy of reproduction Essex Team Lotus jackets, @Bazza 907? Or do you already have an original! Pic via twitter/X (@Rinoire)

F8zbZVCW8AALlxD?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by Jack Stone
added pic source
  • Like 1

But remember one thing: don't lose your head to a woman that'll spend your bread: Lotus Turbo Esprit (89-11); Lotus Esprit GT3 (12-14): Lotus Evora S (14-17); Lotus Esprit V8 SE "UK Last 15" (18-23) Lotus Emira FE 400 (23-..)

I remember me and Paul (former owner of 017) talking to Clive at what I think was Stoneleigh and him telling us he had a loft full of stuff (inc.Essex!) back at East Carleton Manor! Pretty sure Steve's already got at least one. Has anyone ever found out why Thieme called his business Essex btw? I've always thought it gave him a good excuse to write SEX on the sidepods 😛

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shared on FB if someone can grab and upload the image as I don't seem to be able to - The Albert Hall Launch party - is that Alan Jones? 

403607385_7276883705679221_2479613662551

• Like 2

If you right click (windows) or touch & hold (android) on the image you'll have the option to download it, well I did anyway.

Cheers,

John W

On 03/11/2023 at 08:40, colinsays said:

The missing Essex #002

The last time I saw that car was in a warehouse in Tottenham in about 1984. 

There was not much of it, no engine, pretty much everything that could be re-used was removed. Then it was sold off by the factory. But it does have the Essex 002 decal.

There were two Essex-livery cars there. I cant remember if it was this one or the other which has holes drilled all over the engine bay area where temperature sensors had been fitted for testing the turbo engine, where they were concerned about heat issues.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

They do - riding much higher than my MY82 - especially at the front.

Not enough detail in the images to get the number.