Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 26 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

James, love to see more pictures of your Evora. I have only seen 2 in Motorsport green, one that was for sale about 18 months ago in South London and the other was in Newcastle!

(null)

Top 2 in the sun with barge boards the last 3 show how the colour changes in different light pre barge boards

I love it...

post-15238-0-12829300-1392755796.jpg

post-15238-0-93814500-1392755810.jpg

post-15238-0-98648200-1392756045.jpg

post-15238-0-07645900-1392756054.jpg

post-15238-0-60861400-1392756061.jpg

Edited by JamesMac
  • Like 1

That's stunning James, just to return the compliment!

A bit predictable of me I know but I'd go for Motorsport Green on an Evora too.

It's such a light sensitive colour it's like having a slightly different shade of green every day.

Impossible to get bored of!

• Like 1

@@@James: My question to Thomas was because I wanted to know if he would drive an Evora with a big wing, big Fenders etc on the street (which I think is a Little bit too much)- the green Color is nice of course and fits an Evora very good in my eyes.

The GT4 wing has certainly caught my eye and I think it looks fantastic, as do the wide GTE fenders. But, it would be a different car, much like the 911 GT3 differs from the C4S.

I'd like to have the choice.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Top 2 in the sun with barge boards the last 3 show how the colour changes in different light pre barge boards

I love it...

James

Stunning, thanks for sharing...my favourite colour on an Evora.

I believe your car is the ex Ansar Ali car? I went to look at this car but was too late.

post-1877-0-05588300-1392762763.png

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400,2019 Lotus Elise Cup 250

Beautiful car. I had once toyed with buying a Racing Heritage Edition in "Indy Green" (is that the same as Motorsport Green?) with yellow striping, but the all-green is much more attractive.

At one point my dealer was selling either a 2010 or 2011 in what I think was called "Epsom Green" at the time. Not sure if that was what would be better known by another name, but in any case it was a real looker.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

Jonny's car makes me wonder hos the Evora would look in Motorsport Green together with the black pack, better yet a carbon pack.

I really think we need an aftermarket GT4 wing with built in 3rd brake light.

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

James

Stunning, thanks for sharing...my favourite colour on an Evora.

I believe your car is the ex Ansar Ali car? I went to look at this car but was too late.

attachicon.gifevora.png

It is Ansar Ali's old car, I bought it from DMS in November 2012, I was looking for a white Evora at the time but then this one came up and I fell for it straight away. I have never had a car that has attracted so much positive attention.

Unfortunately the love affair may have to end soon as the family car needs replacing and I may have to sell the Evora to finance it.

Maybe I could sell a kidney instead.....

@@@Moxie

If it was the "epsom green" one from Autosportdesigns which I guess is your dealer than I think it was a Special Color ("paint to sample" - when I remember the pics right...)

Edited by Snoopy1969

To the best of my knowledge 'Indy Green' is now known as Motorsport Green, and 'Epsom Green' is now known as Lotus Racing Green, it's much darker than MSG and still available as a premium paint option, therefore not as expensive as MSG. I think it's a really nice colour actually but is near black most of the time, coming to life only in bright sunshine and when the car is sparklingly clean. It is quite close to the Lotus Carlton's 'Imperial Green'. I like to think of it as a green equivalent of Nightfall Blue.

It may sound a bit complicated but it's a walk in the park compared to navigating the various Aston Martin greens!

Jonny's car makes me wonder hos the Evora would look in Motorsport Green together with the black pack, better yet a carbon pack.

I had a similar thought a while ago so I had a go in photoshop

post-15238-0-61141500-1392838968.jpg

• Like 2

@@@MoxieIf it was the "epsom green" one from Autosportdesigns which I guess is your dealer than I think it was a Special Color ("paint to sample" - when I remember the pics right...)

I think you're right and have a better memory than me. I saw the car a few times in person and it came back and was sold again. Didn't realize until I just looked that they still have the page up for it with all the photos. Really lovely: http://www.autosportdesigns.com/inventory/stock/415/lotus-evora-s-22-2011

post-6978-0-45142400-1392840919.jpg

To the best of my knowledge 'Indy Green' is now known as Motorsport Green, and 'Epsom Green' is now known as Lotus Racing Green, it's much darker than MSG and still available as a premium paint option, therefore not as expensive as MSG. I think it's a really nice colour actually but is near black most of the time, coming to life only in bright sunshine and when the car is sparklingly clean. It is quite close to the Lotus Carlton's 'Imperial Green'. I like to think of it as a green equivalent of Nightfall Blue. It may sound a bit complicated but it's a walk in the park compared to navigating the various Aston Martin greens!

I believe you're right on all counts. Definitely darker than MSG, and more like a dark sage metallic.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

The Imperial Green Metallic of the Lotus Carlton/Omega is a bit of chameleon: looks black, metallic green and even metallic purple, depending on the ambient light.

I have dozens of photos of my car (still in factory paint) both amateur and professional and it rarely looks green, unless parked next to a genuinely black vehicle. The best photo I have to show the green was the original dealer studio photo:

Posted Image

I had a similar thought a while ago so I had a go in photoshop

V cool. Like that, a lot!

That Motorsport Green with some added bhp, rear spoiler with Union Jack on the flanks (very Virgin's B747 Union Jack on their winglets like, bit bling never hurt!) and some carbon please... Perfect :-D

Jonny's car makes me wonder hos the Evora would look in Motorsport Green together with the black pack, better yet a carbon pack.

Yes.

Love the SR look.  I have a red one and sat on the fence about doing it to the car, and after I did just wished I done it sooner.  I'm now toying with the idea of barge boards as well.  Love the colour.  

PS I'm sure the family will find a Punto/Panda etc. adequate if you get to keep that!

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The lenses are made from polycarbonate, so not tough enough to being constantly peppered by stones. Therefore a hard coating is applied.

A late reply, but as I understand it this coating can peel off/de-laminate.  My car had the lights replaced under warranty for this reason.  I am thinking of fitting paint protection film to the headlights.  Has anyone done this?  Does it look ok?

• Gold FFM

I've got the Armourfend kit including film on the headlights. It looks fine and is actually much harder to spot on the lights than on the paintwork. It's been on two years now and still looks great.

Great GT4 video, some seriously late braking going on there, running slicks I presume? Cosworth tuned V6 sounds amazing!

Black cars are awesome, lovely pics :D

Thanks, if only they would stay clean for more than five minutes. Driving through a sand pit doesn't help either!

Edited by CaptainSlow

A late reply, but as I understand it this coating can peel off/de-laminate.  My car had the lights replaced under warranty for this reason.  I am thinking of fitting paint protection film to the headlights.  Has anyone done this?  Does it look ok?

The coating on the outside of the lens shouldn't peel off. However, it can be chipped off with stones, along with some of the plastic, so a stone chip film would help keep the lens smooth.

I have seen on secondhand Evora that the black paint underneath the lens is de-laminating, and looks terrible. The stone chip film won't stop this, unless the de-lamination is due to a heat/UV reaction and the film stops whatever it is occurring.

The coating on the outside of the lens shouldn't peel off. However, it can be chipped off with stones, along with some of the plastic, so a stone chip film would help keep the lens smooth.

I have seen on secondhand Evora that the black paint underneath the lens is de-laminating, and looks terrible. The stone chip film won't stop this, unless the de-lamination is due to a heat/UV reaction and the film stops whatever it is occurring.

Agreed, it shouldn't but due to quality control issues it has done so on a number of cars. Lotus are addressing this with the supplier.