Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 158 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

1 hour ago, Bruss said:

Must try harder. 🙂

20161021_113826c.jpg

Fab! I don't think I could ever get my 276 horses to power me to 167mph, though that is still 1mph shy of the official normally aspirated Evora top speed. Must try harder.....

Justin 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Seems my 400 likes to eat grasshoppers, their about 1/2" deep at the base of the radiator but only one or two on it. Weird bit didn't see any as I was driving.

20191207_131416.jpg

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Giveitfish said:

Not a Lotus, but his experience of using the Mclaren GT for road trip really chimed with my own experience of doing similar in my Evora. 

Squint a bit (and ignore the fact that our cars don't have 600hp, which you can rarely use anyway) and our experience must be 98% of what you get for £200k, and we get a better brake feel and engine sound to boot!

at !0:30 in the vid he's talking about how good the steering is and says "it has the Lotus feel".  McLaren will be pleased!  He tested an Evora GT with a big smile on his face...

I use my Launch Edition for Calais to Agde, or vice versa,  and cross the Millau Viaduct so I found his journey interesting - I wouldn't go that way to get to NIce though.  My trip is 666 miles so I do it in a single hit with just fuel stops, just over 9 hours, but Péage Tolls total 73€.  I've tried the scenic off motorway roads but don't make decent progress - and since the 80kmph (50mph) speed limit on the open road there are too many 'boys in blue' with cameras.

• Like 1

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

That's interesting - the news just said that from 1 July 2018, 400,000km of roads would reduce to 80kph - are you saying that it only applies if it explicitly says 80 is the limit?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_limits_in_France

Yep. It was implemented nationwide but gillets jaunes protests resulted in a typical French compromise. The national limit stays the same at 90, but if local authorities want to apply the 80 kph they can.

There's a long history and culture of democracy working from the local level upwards. Local communities go there own way and resent any interference from outside, whether thats regional or national.  The 90 kph just came at the wrong time as Macron seeks to impose what the regions see as Parisien rules on the rest of the country.

Working! Hah, long history of striking more like.... 😂🤣

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Cayman said:

The Epsom Green Evora in the background behind the TV screens in the IAA Frankfurt photo now has black 19/20 inch design wheels and lives in Sweden :) 

Yours? That's a lovely colour, almost as nice as Motorsport Green! Welcome to TLF, we need to talk about your username :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

still surprised about the fact that there are so few green Lotus.

MSG is awesome, Epsom Green very nice.

the Evora is good in almost all the colors, but red interiors/ green exterior with yellow accents is the best combo, but it is like an unicorn

@Cayman 

Interesting. That looks pretty much like the paint in my car, but mine is supposed to be British Racing Green, according to the certificate. I guess they changed the names.

I am also curious about the original registration plate of that car. Mine was also an early MY12 and a Lotus press car at the time, AU 61 CEX.

Do you mind sharing yours?

0E2F6BF2-E31A-4BFF-BCB2-201933CC1D0A.jpeg

• Like 1