Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 111 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

14 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I would say it is not leather as a cost cutting measure, pure and simple. Was speaking to some very experienced Lotus mechanics at a garage and they were not full of love for the Evora 400 - to paraphrase they remarked how the focus with the 400 was obviously on "cheaper" and this was apparent to them across the car. Not an issue to me as I am sure the old S1 cost a lot more to make and lotus needs to be profitable to survive. The 400 is still a cracking proposition and if we really want to talk about plastics and dash's we can talk about Audi's, BMW's, Merc's et al all day....  Never understood how journo's would swoon over one plastic dash and then bitterly complain about another plastic dash. Toytally bizarre.

......yes, but we could talk about fine s1 cockpits ;-) covered in leather 

• Like 1

@ewand you could have moved that skip out of the way before bringing the Evora home!  Spent a week behind a green 400 like that on the IoM, stunning.

@Snoopy1969 I could wax lyrically about the leather covered S1 dash, the metal inlays as opposed to cheap plastic ones.................

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

23 hours ago, tim_marra said:

Serviced, MOT'd, washed B-), and ready for collection.

First class service as always from Murray Lotus at Edinburgh :)

WP_20170902_12_00_37_Pro.jpg

White/black pack combo looks great.  Congrats!

It is pearl white, with an aspen white tri-stripe the full length of the centre of the car. The black splitter and side sills are also factory paint in gloss black. I can't see a day I would ever consider selling it :wub:

On 04/09/2017 at 13:57, tim_marra said:

It is pearl white, with an aspen white tri-stripe the full length of the centre of the car.

Any pics of that Tim? Sounds subtle but interesting...

I never got an answer to how much or what engine was in the gt but that was when pictures first emurged a few months back. It has a lot of the original Gte carbon interior panels and fixed back mansory carbon seats.

Looked around Stratton web site and could not find anything on these cars.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I understand there are only 4 so question whether it makes much sense to do much fanfare on the website. They do look lovely in person though. The details I know are

- All LHD

- 1 manual and 3 IPS

- Power as standard I believe is 430bhp (but opportunity to tune to 480bhp I think). 

- Interior trim is quite bespoke - looked stunning to my eyes

- They definitely had a lot of interest at Brands - potentially may have sold two but you would need to speak to Alex at Stratton

- There's a white one with @tim_marra's colour scheme - looks immense

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BigTed said:

Out with the old, in with the new(ish). After 11 years and 70,000 miles of daily driving the Elise, I 'grew up' and picked up an Evora. I told my wife it was a sensible car to to fit the kids in :-) Couldn't be happier!

ted.thumb.jpg.56f8d49e26dccf13d3487d850fcf7e54.jpg

Did you keep the blue Elise on top of the Grey Evora. Having a bit of an out of body experience as I explained to my wife the Evora was a family car.

My cars at brands hatch below :

IMG_0050.JPG

5 minutes ago, PAR said:

Did you keep the blue Elise on top of the Grey Evora.

I've got the Elise at the moment but it's going soon. It was the first decent car I bought so I'll be *really* sorry to see it go.

Anyway, the blue Elise > grey Evora seems like quite a common transition. Check out this post and this post for enthusiasts with equally great taste ;-)

@JAWS even had exactly the same 111S as myself even down to the round Lotus badge on the back rather than the lettering.

• Like 1