Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 164 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

Oh wow. What a lovely "popping" car that is.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Lovely. Nicely done. Bet colour. Is that the LHD one that went to Belgium? Think it is currently up for sale / was up for sale recently...

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

@Nexus the GT430 looks so composed. Nice....

• Like 1

The small print.

A driver's dream come true right there. What a fantastic car for the lap as well as the journey there and back.

Lol. Your bias. But you're welcome to it as in MSG too!!!! :)

The small print.

• Gold FFM
15 hours ago, Nexus said:

GT430 on the Nordschleife

Great video & driving skill, burnt orange car as well!
Also nice to see the Mk3 RS Megane being driven to max at 3:15 or so into the video. It took the 430 some time to reel it in on the straights. Thanks for sharing.

6 hours ago, TpupNomad said:

What’s a good lap time for a 430 at the ring?

No-one’s set a time there in a 430 as far as I know but it would go well there I’m sure. Brilliant suspension system would really suit the NS bumps and downforce help with the crests. Sport Auto got 7.48 out of the Exige Cup 380, it was a wild, hairy lap, I would expect the GT 430 and Exige Cup 430 to beat that quite comfortably. The time set in the 380 Cup was only 5 secs faster than their Exige S (345bhp) time so a disappointing result for whatever reason. I would hope for sub 7.40 from a GT430 but totally academic until it’s done.

1 hour ago, blindside said:

Great video & driving skill, burnt orange car as well!
Also nice to see the Mk3 RS Megane being driven to max at 3:15 or so into the video. It took the 430 some time to reel it in on the straights. Thanks for sharing.

To be clear, that not my car. I just found the video and thought you guys would appreciate it.

• Gold FFM

Understood @Nexus. LHD 430 & presumably a German driver/owner who knows the NS circuit well.

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, TpupNomad said:

What’s a good lap time for a 430 at the ring?

Sub 7:40 in the hands of a pro driver would be credible enough. Sub 7:35 probably more in keeping for Lotus prestige & manufacturers bragging rights based on comparable rivals like 991 GT3 manual.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nürburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times

(Latest model Renaultsport Megane Trophy-R, a ‘hot hatch’ in fully road legal spec with 300bhp & 400nm lapped in 7:40 last year. GT430 in the right hands should better that time).

Agree GT430 should beat that but it's not just getting the right driver, it's competing on a level playing field. The list of 'Ring times is bridge to gantry full of cheating and politics.

Nissan started setting times that were so controversial that Porsche objected publicly. No-one seemed to give a stuff and I believe Porsche took a 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' approach from then on. If you look at the official lap videos you'll see a very stripped out GT3, with a full cage, single race seat and that's just the stuff you can see. Things like brake pads won't be standard and @rallyesax will tell you (if he's allowed!) that Porsche have been using prototype compounds on their GT cars for 'Ring times which are not available to buy (or at least weren't at the time). I know first hand that Lotus are a bit naiive/too honest when it comes to this sort of thing. They've been using bone stock cars at places like Goodwood FOS for the timed runs. I know this because I even suggested to some of the Lotus people involved that they do what everyone else is doing and set some eyebrow raising times but it's not their thing. If Lotus don't play the game they won't look competitive at the 'Ring as the Sport Auto Cup 380 lap shows. No end of people claiming a Honda Civic Type R is faster than the  at 7.43 but Honda openly admit that the car was a "Honda conducted test, full "floating" roll cage, removed infotainment and rear seats." VW's Golf GTi ClubSport, 7.47 was a "VW conducted test with Special Nurburgring set-up" which allows no end of possibilities.

To put it simply be VERY suspicious about 'Ring time claims, especially with turbocharged cars, it's just too easy to crank the boost up. When you're selling performance cars and the 'Ring time carries so much weight, it's beyond most car makers to resist. I actually think Alfa overdid it with their 7.32 claim for the Guilia QF. It's a really fine car and very fast, not doubting that for a minute but it's just not going to be quicker than the Porsche Carrera GT however you slice it. Neither is the 992 Carrera S (also turbocharged!) which is now faster around the NS than the 997 GT2 and 991 GT3! I think not!

So, full stripper spec, special everything and boost cranked up I have no doubt that the GT430 could beat Alfa's claim for the Guilia QF. But at that point is it even a GT430 anymore?

• Gold FFM

Interesting points Jonny, and pub bragging rights are not why you buy a Lotus...but... road trip! (Can you note the hint of Cabin Fever)?

Getting my excuses in early Dave! ;)

Would love to do a few laps in my Evora, what a privilege that would be?! Followed by steak in the Pistenklause and hear the laptimes tumble with every stein of Bier!

Yes to a trip out there. Unless we book exclusive trackday we won't be able to do the full lap but Bridge to Gantry runs on tourist days are plenty exciting enough. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Agree with all your observations Jonny. Although TBF Renaultsport tend to play this stuff with a fairly straight deck as it’s an integral part of their street cred. They went on to break the fwd records at Spa & Suzuka. All logged, recorded and openly publicised.

• Like 2