Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Picture & Video Thread - Page 177 - Evora Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

@HowardRoark get some red on the diffuser at the back to balance it out! 👍

You have the right attitude and as long as it makes you happy, who cares 😜

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Mike Kimberley said:

Unfortunately, a new CEO after I retired actually talked down the car, even publicly on TV!

Yes, the disease that is "not invented here" is a strong in some CEO's as it is elsewhere. My experience is it is usually CEO's who were CFO's and typed their title letters wrong in the computer. Strong Evora sales from 2010 to date would have set Lotus on a much faster recovery path and would have earned hundreds, if not thousands of new "drivers" to the brand but as usual ego gets in the way of business success.  So glad you persevered Mike and your success with the team will be well remember in Lotus history.

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

+2 configuration is so clever. Enables using the Evora far more often yet the profile and shape is untroubled by what is a very tough design challenge. 

I bet Russell Carr and the team were anxious when MJK (I assume) insisted on +2 layout. 

I think they created the prettiest +2 mid-engined car in the history of automobiles.

Justin 

• Like 2

It gets on my nerves when the rear seating gets criticised - my 18 months year old slots in back there perfectly. You can fit a large suitcase too. Genuinely a practical car compared to a lot of the competition.

Agreed on marketing too - I didn’t know it existed until I saw a couple parked up at a car show 5 or 6 years ago and decided I had to have one.

• Like 1

Lotus created something beyond brilliant, and I think that may simply just be in the DNA itself, the conversation here itself is enlightening, and saddening simultaneously.  I do hope they indeed show the world, what I believe is truth.  

Edited by Jason is Chasing
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mike Kimberley said:

the new Esprit to follow the Evora. (Together with RGB I had already negotiated the V10 engine for N/S mid engined installation).

Woah. I think that statement is going to cause explosions and tears in equal measures. Oh, if only it had happened... 😢

• Love 1

Thanks so much @Mike Kimberley. Just so good to hear these nuggets of truth and wisdom.

You must do a book - and can you encourage Brian Angus to do one too! 

Perhaps not for this thread but I would be intrigued to hear your thoughts on the McLaren road car program and how that may have impacted V10 Esprit. 

Justin 

• Like 2

CFO's who become CEO's have a track record of killing companies. They're good with numbers, but shite with people and spend so much time focused on counting beans that they lose sight of the bigger picture. Obviously a generalisation but also based on personal experience.

• Like 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

Woah. I think that statement is going to cause explosions and tears in equal measures. Oh, if only it had happened... 😢

That is life in the fast moving auto industry Bravo73 as you know. There is another ex-Lotus very professional top engineering gentlemen still very active who knows the story of how it was killed off.

36 minutes ago, Neal H said:

I don’t think said CEO came from a financial background. If he had, Lotus would probably be in much better shape pre Geely.

Or as I said before, if he HAD, there would now be no Lotus!   If we're talking about DB, then wasn't he a marketeer originally?  They're really good at spending cash. Claiming the plaudits for other peoples work. But generally there is no substance.  :)  Come to think of it, was JMG not a Marketeer too originally?  Jeeze, it really is a surprise there is anything left!  :rofl:  Shame the current CEO was not a marketeer as then we could have a book and a film - Lotus and the 3 Marketeers. All for one, and one for me.

The small print.