Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 165 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

I'm a snob, I prefer Premier Inn's but do use the occasional Travelodge!

I guess where not helping here @Rambo, if we were millennial snowflakes we'd be sympathising....

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Usualiy find a room over a pub preferable. I regularly have to go to Cambridge and Holiday Inn Express is £130 per night. Pub I know which has far better food an beer is £84. Rooms are a little small but that is secondary concern.

No it's Friday to Wednesday, so around £100/night. Hotel for this visit is a no as my daughter needs space as she is revising for A levels, so being stuck together in one room might be a bit much. No idea why she used AirBnB - she has had a couple of bad experiences in the past, now another one. I just went and looked on Booking.com - plenty of alternatives, with free cancellations.

@100th_Idiot good shout. I use pubs too, find them usually very welcoming. Every time I'm on track at Blyton I use the local pub, always a great welcome and great, reasonably priced food 

@ChrisJ friday to wednesday is a long way off a "weekend" lol. I think Airbnb was a novelty but I have heard so many bad reports I've just gone back to researching local places and booking direct where possible for wee breaks etc   i find Booking com quite good and like that often you don't pay anything upfront 

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I don't do Airbnb as I find them a rip off too. When booking abroad or this country I use Booking.com for research then try and contact the owner privately.

When I'm down at Castle Combe, Donington, Silverstone etc... I always camp as you can't beat a good blether and banter with mates round a BBQ.

@rambo I can't camp!  Not because I'm too posh or soft, but purely because I snore like a hog on cocaine and everyone in the tents around me WILL NOT get any sleep hahahahahaha!

So, as the considerate chap I am, I take myself off to an hotel/B&B etc.

The small print.

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

@rambo I can't camp!  Not because I'm too posh or soft, but purely because I snore like a hog on cocaine and everyone in the tents around me WILL NOT get any sleep hahahahahaha!

So, as the considerate chap I am, I take myself off to an hotel/B&B etc.

Have you done a sleep study to rule out sleep apnea?  I snored like a freight train and that was a key factor in getting checked.  After 17 years of CPAP, I got the Inspire implant last December - SO much better!   But you might just be a "loud" snorer and NOT have sleep apnea.  It's best to go to a Neurologist to rule out sleep apnea.  For me, it turned out that I was sleep deprived for 20 years which was making me a hazard on car trips longer than 30 minutes.  If I had not been forced my the misses to get checked 17 years old, I don't think I would have been around to respond to you.  Even 90 lb. girls can have severe sleep apnea like I was diagnosed with.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

image.jpeg
I’m right handed and I have to keep it elevated all the time. 

• Sad 3

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

5 hours ago, ramjet said:

I’m right handed and I have to keep it elevated all the time. 

Oh, that doesn't look good.  Right handed and forced to elevate - that sucks big time.  I'm right handed and have trigger thumb, more MRIs for me next week to find out more.  It's got to be a bitch to type left handed, but did they discover this cyst using imaging (i.e. CT, MRI, X-ray) or just by looking at it?  It looks painful just looking at it.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

Look up mucoid cyst on Dr Google. Easily visible and very nasty if it gets infected. Can lead to amputation if it goes pear shaped. The one on my thumb hurt like stink if I bumped it.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Wow. I did look it up, but I was afraid to look at the pictures.  Yep, I happily admit being a coward.  I was a professional guitarist so I have a hang up obviously.  Regardless of my situation, I do appreciate the information and hope it educates everyone on the forum.  Plus  I wish you a fast recovery.

• Gold FFM

It comes from arthritis. Spur rubs through the joint capsule and the synovial fluid leaks out and forms the cyst under the skin.

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

Having arthritis doesn’t mean you will get them. Just one of those things. My number just got picked out of the barrel.

On 02/04/2023 at 03:21, ramjet said:

Look up mucoid cyst on Dr Google. Easily visible and very nasty if it gets infected. Can lead to amputation if it goes pear shaped. The one on my thumb hurt like stink if I bumped it.

Get well soon mate!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

My new baby had a Concrete post jump out and hit it :(

May be an image of car

• Sad 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• 4 weeks later...

Daughter "has" her (2nd) driving test booked for 10th May (booked before Christmas). Received an email just now

We can't conduct your Car test on Wednesday 10/05/2023 at 15:19 at Northampton due to your driving examiner no longer being available. I am sorry for any inconvenience this might cause you. We've now booked your test for Tuesday 18/07/2023 at 11:58

Day before we go on holiday, and I'm not sure if I can get the additional time off.

It's because they are going on strike.

Try to go to see if there is a cancellation - WTF is this about. "Security Service", they think they are MI5

image.png

• Confused 1

• Gold FFM

Thanks a bunch, white van man.

Come up to a traffic-calming island on your side of the road, with a clear-as-day "Give priority to oncoming traffic" sign on it and just swing over onto the other side of the road why don't you?

Never you worry that I had to pull hard left to avoid a head-on and in doing so scraped my nearside rear wheel along the kerb - you just carry on your way as you obviously were in a desperate hurry to get somewhere.

I really appreciate you giving me a new 'life experience' although I don't recall this particular one as ever having been on my bucket-list. 50 years of driving and I've never so much as touched a kerb with the wheel of any car, until today. :rant:

DavidMobile280423004.JPG.c9f6f1a6af6d1c71d8d163cb1eaa3ec9.JPG

Then I get home to find an email from the bodyshop that will be repairing the damaged front bumper and clam after the car park encounter with an SUV last November, telling me that it's going to be at least another 4 weeks before all the parts arrive - they've only been on order for 7 months so what's another 1? Looks like I can forget my attendance at the first few car shows of the season in that case, :( .

• Sad 3

Sorry to hear this but don't let it spoil your enjoyment of the brilliant Evora.

Driving it is far more important than looking at it. Or for others to look at it. 

Justin

• Like 2