Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 104 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM

You callin' me alcoholic?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

2 hours ago, Sparky said:

You haven't met my wife, have you?

I have, and frankly I’m shocked. In my opinion, you need to grow a pair and stand up for yourself more. FFS don’t tell her I said so, though.

By way of a comparison, Shan wouldn’t dream of standing in the way of a drinks fridge. Either a purchase of one, or just the door.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Solution: add more ice. 
There is no charge for my advice. Glad to assist @Sparky

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

12 hours ago, Sparky said:

You guys always cheer me up.

Anyhow, I solved my melty ice issue with minimal effort and at zero cost.  I put more ice in.

Surely that dilutes the gin/tonic ratio?

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Good luck mate, I feel for you.  See you on the other side.  Be strong.  But make the drinks stronger.

You got this - Meme Generator

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
55 minutes ago, Dan E said:

She should be full of some interesting stories as she hasn’t left her house since March, can’t wait 

Mine has lived with us for 20 years.  She's full of stories that make you want to slit your throat (and hers) EVERY DAY.  Like how she nearly dropped a fork yesterday (oh, the drama), and recent events concerning her digestive system.  It's why I drink.

Bless her.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

So it will be the usual, I’m going to live to 100, then about her cancelled 90th party to which she invited 50 people (10 who are my family) she only got 10 rsvps mainly because she doesn’t actually know these people. Then The Sunday Times subscription will be another hour or so and whenever she talks to you she points at you arrggghhh. 

to make matters worse she won’t wear her hearing aid as she says she is not deaf even though I was there when she had the test and she is in fact profoundly deaf. So everything you say to her she only replies “exactly” or “really” 😡😡

I have an agreement with my kids that if I get like that they will grind apple pips daily and sprinkle the top of my porridge bowl with it. :ermm:

• Thanks 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

9 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Surely that dilutes the gin/tonic ratio?

A peculiarly UK misconception. Sufficient ice cools the gin well enough that the ice doesn't melt thereby not diluting the gin.

8 hours ago, Sparky said:

Indeed, therefore I use a mitigation technique that I like to call 'more gin'.

Belt and braces for me. More ice and more gin.  It's the only way to be certain

• Like 1

23 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

A peculiarly UK misconception. Sufficient ice cools the gin well enough that the ice doesn't melt thereby not diluting the gin.

Belt and braces for me. More ice and more gin.  It's the only way to be certain

Sadly not the case. The heat being transferred to the ice cube increases the average kinetic energy of the gin molecules resulting in the breakdown of the crystal structure of ice and transition to the liquid state - the melting of the ice cube. Ergo, the gin is diluted by the melting ice cube.

That said, I wholeheartedly concur with your last statement, indeed, I have followed such advice for many years, and found it to be most efficacious.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Thus begins a new research phase.  If I can somehow link it to climate change, I'll get a huge grant too.  Game on.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

Sadly not the case. The heat being transferred to the ice cube increases the average kinetic energy of the gin molecules resulting in the breakdown of the crystal structure of ice and transition to the liquid state - the melting of the ice cube. Ergo, the gin is diluted by the melting ice cube.

Yep, although the surface of the ice cube will always be at ~0 degC the gin surrounding it will never cool down to 0 degC thus will always be (relatively) warm enough to melt the ice and dilute itself. Unless the glass/cup is totally adiabatic but then who'd want to drink gin out of a thermos flask?

15 minutes ago, RobinB5 said:

Yep, although the surface of the ice cube will always be at ~0 degC the gin surrounding it will never cool down to 0 degC thus will always be (relatively) warm enough to melt the ice and dilute itself. Unless the glass/cup is totally adiabatic but then who'd want to drink gin out of a thermos flask?

You haven’t met my wife, have you?

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.