Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 107 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

🤣 us trades could bang on for hours about shit clients that’s for sure.

I most certainly don’t miss residential jobs

I have absolutely no doubt some clients deserve the builders they get! 

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

Wendy’s on the way to collect Daisy for a couple of days.

At 5am this morning she was awoken by paramedics banging on her window - wanting to be let in to a room. Daisy’s let them in and taken them to the room in question one in her apartment. One of the fellow students has taken a cocktail of tablets and slashed her wrists 😥. Twas a messy old scene.

on way home now - shaken but not stirred. Her next few days are online only anyway - and I’ll probably speed her back down next week in the Evora.

• Sad 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

A foreign object (in this case, part of the assembly that joins the carbs together) stuck in a throttle butterfly. Appears it had lain dormant in the induction system until I revved the engine whilst tuning said carbs, then was ingested.  Engine revs went silly for a few seconds until I managed to cut it.  No fun.  However, it's lucky the pin didn't make it past the carb.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I have absolutely no doubt some clients deserve the builders they get! 

I have said it before but getting rid of local authority building inspectors was a recipe for all the above disasters. We don't work for builders as they in general they want the cheapest and then don't want to pay. If you must employ a builder try to use one who employs all the trades rather than sub contracting everything. Bricklayers tend to be to the majority of builders and they are probably the worst relying on sub contractors knowledge which is often not what it should be. So always I would work direct for the client not the builder

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Bloody unhappy today. Family discussion about having to take our 96 year old mum out of a care home as she is being ignored and left in her room almost 24/7. She is/was a sprightly 96 year old who until very recently could sit and do the daily crosswords in any paper. Sadly, due to reduced activities in the care home her mental health has badly declined. We now get one 30 minute visit of up to three people from the same household once a week in a gazebo in the garden. If the weather is poor, then the visit is reduced to one nominated person indoors. This means that I visited my mum face to face on Saturday for the first time since end of January, ferkin crap. Ok I have been stuck overseas for 22 weeks of that time, but my siblings have been able to visit by looking through a window and trying to make conversation. Crap. So now we have to plan for taking her home. We understand that a change is not good for her, but we think a shorter time at home where she is happy and comfortable must be better than a longer period in somewhere she is not happy and is basically a prisoner in her room. Grrrr .

Rant over.

• Sad 6

Croydon and losing another colleague.

Will there be protests around the world do you think?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Blue lives wont matter. I can bloody guarantee it. :(

The abuse and crap the BiB have to put up with is awful. Not a pleasant experience in the 2 years I served and that was a long long time ago and in a much more pleasant area. Croydon is an absolute hole.

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

Thankfully her force is 350 miles away in Englandshire!  I'm safe up here.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Wow - the builders have hit a new low:

1. The new bathroom ceiling has been plastered but they forgot to get the electrician in to remove the existing ceiling switches light fittings etc.. so the new plastered ceiling will need to be patched before it's even painted as the new plaster goes around the old fittings - if they had said something I could have pulled the wiring through and ripped out the mounts (not exactly hard). So we will have to pay for a 2nd visit from the plasterer to patch everything up- and if there is any visibility of the patching I will be insisting whole ceiling is re-plastered again.

2. The central heating fitters are now bickering with Worcester/Bosch as to why (after 2 oil leaks) the boiler dumped the contents of the radiators into the garage along with why there was an another oil leak in the boiler stinking out the garage (which I had been complaining about but was told it was normal by the fitters). Not looking forward to the boiler being moved next week as it's still in the wrong place.

3. Roofer not started yet despite promises. Scaffolding not turned up yet despite promises it would be here Monday. So we will be re-roofing our house through a Dartmoor winter now, what could possibly go wrong! (we only started organising this 14 months ago).

4. We now have builders rubbish from all the builders jobs, not just ours clogging up the driveway and can no longer get to some of the farm machinery- this really p$$$$d me off.

4. The tiling is pretty shit in places - actually contemplating ripping some out and doing it myself but I don't think I will be allowed by the Mrs.

If there ever was an industry that should go under - this is it. They have all got it too easy!

I was hoping our Ex-Lotus engineer would be a cut above the rest - unfortunately not. We are awaiting him to actually turn up on site rather than just his minions - so far it's a no show again.

To be fair the plasterer did a stunning job around all the old fittings, and our water treatment people who serviced and moved the water system to allow for the new position of the boiler have been brilliant - see I can provide a balanced viewpoint although I do hope there is a special place in Hell for builders.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Clearing a house as the sale should be able to proceed next week. One room was a hoarder - went from this

56B61D61-0978-499D-B8A3-0C4778D7D884.thumb.jpeg.1e9ddb0b9495d1ec4c77a2da13daa5d1.jpeg

to this5B2EEEEC-C53E-4CCD-8E31-753248C4819A.thumb.jpeg.da2ad3c69646c2d88468e853e8e22852.jpeg

that was an absolutely vile job - trailer and van was absolutely rammed - the fire I’ve just lit down Nobbys was massive. I simply cannot wait to be rid of rental property.

• Sad 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, march said:

Just to add to the joys of all this - the tiler has just shown us a whacking great chunk has been taken out of the shower tray that has just been fixed, tiled and grouted in place. FFS

Just as well you have fibreglass experience? eh? 😉