Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 109 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

The Labour Party - well they are supposed to represent the working classes. Sadly all they seem to represent is themselves and they are worse than the scrounging class.

FTFY

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

During Prime Minister's Question Time, Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer criticised Mr Johnson for not being able to "find" £5m, adding "stop bargaining with people's lives".

What must he think then of the King of the North bargaining with peoples lives by stonewalling for 10 days+

There was also a report in which the MP for Wigan accused the Tories of “being their usual vindictive selves towards the North whilst protecting the South” and “driving the North/South divide”

On the latter point, wtf did she think her statement was doing then?

@PaulCP I do despair at the presenters/reporters and so called journalists. My understanding is that the £60m the government offered Mr. Burnham was the same amount (per citizen) as Liverpool and the other areas were offered. So why not ask the tough question of Mr. Burnham and ask "Mr. Burnham, it would seem the £60m offered is absolutely in line, based on value per citizen, with the "deals" provided to Liverpool and other places in the same position. Can you explain why you think Manchester should be given a better settlement to anyone else?"

Not a hard question for an investigative journalist with half a brain to investigate and position.  It would be great watching Mr. Burnham squirm trying to come up on the spot with an answer to that that ended with "and of course the Government is just shafting the North again!".

I guess my point is that if our so called free press and journalists actually applied themselves to asking the real hard questions, as opposed to just trying to embarrass a Tory government (any Tory government) they don't like. It would suck the air out of the lungs of the Rayners, Burnhams, Starmers and Millibands and may actually INFORM the public a little better with facts etc.

Anyone remember what Starmer said when he won and became leader of the losing party?  "time for a new type of politics, not adversarial, work together with Government etc...  Really did not last long did it? Yet more bullshit out of the arse of a mouth of a politician.

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

@C8RKHThe look on Burnham’s  face last night when he thought the £60m was off the table & all he was getting was the £22m was priceless, almost a “oh sh!t, I’ve fcuked up”

As a northerner myself (wife also) I also despair of the brainwashed attitude of some of those MPs. I spoke to my sister today and Sue spoke to her parents who all live in South Yorkshire and it was interesting to hear their thoughts on why cases in the area have risen. I won’t repeat them on here though!

It just shows how the standard of politics in this country has declined when MPs, Mayors etc are happy to play politics with peoples lives for their own gratification. I’m afraid constructive is not a word that any of them have heard of

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I’ve never looked at this thread before, so thought it high time I told you what really makes me unhappy everyday.

Leggings.
Saggy, baggy, ugly leggings.

Why do women still wear them?

You are being incredibly sexist with that comment and post.

I've friggin' seen MEN wear leggings!  No. No. No. No. It's just not a good look on anyone.

And actually @LotusLeftLotusRight you forgot about the camel toe effect on most women who wear them. It's traumatising.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

And actually @LotusLeftLotusRight you forgot about the camel toe effect on most women who wear them. It's traumatising.

That in a nutshell is why they wear them. A competition between all young woman (discount strange men and those who are obese) to see who can wear the tightest. :)

• Sad 1

Oh yes, makes their legs look like a couple of miss-shaped sausages out of the machine!

However we could take the conversation to a whole new level and talk about extremely unfit people who eat doughnuts and see fit to go out fully attired in "fitness wear" to go shopping. FFS, really?  If you've got all the gear then get your fat arse to the gym instead of to the Krispy Kreme counter!

(oh, and I'm very much on the big boned side myself - which is why I don't wear tracksuits, leotards or leggings!) so know a little bit (well, OK a large bit) about this - I'm not some skinny little shit fat shaming :)

I suppose this is very un-PC of me. Sorry about that. For the record I have nothing against fat people. Indeed. I am one myself!

The small print.

After this 6 pack @Sparky will be legolass!

image.jpeg.9c6786b923b0bbb0a20436c7b171d5a9.jpeg

• Haha 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM
13 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

And actually @LotusLeftLotusRight you forgot about the camel toe effect on most women who wear them. It's traumatising.

That in a nutshell is why they wear them. A competition between all young woman (discount strange men and those who are obese) to see who can wear the tightest. :)

Umm hang on - I rather recall some beautiful sights at Brands 

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...

Watching Porridge. Before the episode a warning is announced. “warning this programme contains outdated language”. Forkandles, it’s only a matter of time before these classic comedies are banned altogether :(

• Like 1

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

There’s a channel on sky/digital “Forces TV” which is full of 70’s & 80’s sitcoms & series.
Most of the time it’s better than the prime channel’s current offerings (IMO) but every episode of whatever is preceded by the words “this programme contains 70’s & 80’s adult humour of the time” They even bring this up before the start of Dempsey & Makepiece🙄

There’s no bad language just innuendo & decent humour. What a refreshing change to the PC crap we have today.

All I can say is 70 & 80’s humour, ‘bring it on!”

With all the uncertaincy over lockdown and the fact both my Garage and my Mother in Laws are full of stuff, I have taken the decision to Store my car in a temp controlled lockup and SORN it till Spring. It's not too bad cost wise but I just won't use it during lockdown and then the weather may be shitty. Sad really as she is running sweet as!!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

IF.I had one of the many Lotus in my storage unit actually running and on the road, and had a mother in law. I would be doing the same.

Rock On.

• Like 2

Watched Atomic Blonde on C4 last night (again) and the bastards cut the clip of Charleze Theron in the girl on girl clip......Utter bastards😂

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

Well things are going well with the builders. I'll bullet point it as it's easier

1. Roofers started 6 weeks late so now we have a large section of roof only protected by underfelt to protect us from the high winds and rain of a Dartmoor Winter - The roofers are local so should know what the weather is like up here but keep making comments about how exposed it is up here (the main guys literally lives about a mile away).

2. Main roofer is now in hospital with Sepsis so won't see him any time soon (He has prostate issues, the last time we saw him he had just had a bag fitted - we told him, to go home).

3. Ridge tiles left on loose are currently being blown off.

4. The interior is still a mess awaiting interior builders to return (delayed by mutual agreement as really fed up with whole process).

5. Roofers felt it appropriate to poo in a bucket and leave it in a barn for me to sort out - I left where they eat their lunch, it's still there. All they had to do was ask to use our loo.

6. Was told it would take 6 weeks to complete the roof and at the moment we are not even 1/4 there after 4 weeks.

7. New Bathroom still not finished after several months - a pre-requisite to any other internal work starting (supposedly next week in the evenings to finish as it's only little bits)

I have come to the conclusion that time passes differently for roofers but at least I am getting to understand their lingo. Here are a few examples:

1. We will start mid September = We will start at the end of October

2. This section will be done tomorrow = This section will be started tomorrow and finished in a week if you are lucky

3. We will be done in 6 weeks = No idea - still trying to work this one out.

Unfortunately the roofer with Sepsis is the one who runs the show and has a real real work ethic, the other is a plodder who won't make the best use of good weather (which really surprises me) and his mate just stands there watching him. Suffice to say the stream of cups of tea I provided for the workers have stopped, I even gave them Choccy biccies.

Christ do I wish we never started!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well its all coming to a bit of a head (sorry to harp on about it but sometimes its good to vent a little bit). So the biggest cock up up to date is that they have done one side of one face of the house starting at either end, the problem is they didn't meet in the middle:1473032928_IMG_9333(2).JPG.cf864c5db1f458d84b7f302e1caa8913.JPG

Apart from that we have guttering that just goes everywhere and protective facia that just does not line up. I feel sorry the for the guy who owns the business (who has had to be off site due to serious health issues) as he has been completely let down by his people but I think enough is enough - and that does not include not leaving the site in a safe manner - big boards have come off in the wind and only missed my car by a matter of inches, old roof tiles left loose on the roof and moving in the night. FFS it's a straight roof, nothing awkward.

Suffice to say we have not had much sleep over the past little while. Anyway photos are being sent to him today wit a request his guys do not do anything else other than make the roof safe and watertight until he comes up with a suitable solution. So far this has cost us over £15,000.00 in materials and scaffolding and all we have to show is complete and utter disaster of a bit of a roof. Seriously stressed and angry!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

I'm not a roofer , but do have a slate roof.  The valley looks odd as do the tiles that are not lying flat.   Think I'd be getting a second opinion at this stage...

Edited by 910Esprit

I re-roofed our house myself (well me and a friend). The original roof was lath and plaster (minus the plaster!) so we felted, re-lathed and then re-tiled. Also repointed and flaunched the chimneys. New lead and facias as well. Took us a couple of months working every day and I worked out that we moved around 11 tonnes of tiles!

20180614_144339.jpg

• Like 1
Dave - 2000 Sport 350

4 hours ago, march said:

Well its all coming to a bit of a head (sorry to harp on about it but sometimes its good to vent a little bit). So the biggest cock up up to date is that they have done one side of one face of the house starting at either end, the problem is they didn't meet in the middle:1473032928_IMG_9333(2).JPG.cf864c5db1f458d84b7f302e1caa8913.JPG

Apart from that we have guttering that just goes everywhere and protective facia that just does not line up. I feel sorry the for the guy who owns the business (who has had to be off site due to serious health issues) as he has been completely let down by his people but I think enough is enough - and that does not include not leaving the site in a safe manner - big boards have come off in the wind and only missed my car by a matter of inches, old roof tiles left loose on the roof and moving in the night. FFS it's a straight roof, nothing awkward.

Suffice to say we have not had much sleep over the past little while. Anyway photos are being sent to him today wit a request his guys do not do anything else other than make the roof safe and watertight until he comes up with a suitable solution. So far this has cost us over £15,000.00 in materials and scaffolding and all we have to show is complete and utter disaster of a bit of a roof. Seriously stressed and angry!

I'll definitely get a second opinion before that goes too far