Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 14 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

Whoops! You're right about it not needing treatment, but it does take coating well, due to its thermal stability. It doesn't expand and contract as much as untreated softwood. Which is what buggers the coating up.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Being tailgated by some spanner in a Toyota Aurion Sportivo who thinks he is Lewis Hamilton and then proceeded to duck and weave through the traffic. Last saw him about 15 seconds ahead after 10 minutes of driving time.

Idiot.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Tailgating really winds me up too. For some reason 4x4's seem to do it moreso, perhaps because they are looking over the roofs of the cars in front or just big-vehicle arrogant idiots. It's really dangerous as it a massive and unnessisary distraction for the driver. Pet hate :(

I liked an initiative by the racq/nrma years ago to suggest fitment of led signs in cars to send messages like 'sorry', 'thank you' or 'stop tailgating!'. All for it.

Iain

Had one of the tailgating fraternity in France a few years back...I was going to visit Eddie at Mulsanne....and I had some oik about three feet behind the Lotus. So I went faster...and left him in the dirt. Of course, laws being what they are, I slowed down a while later when he was out of sight....and a few minutes later, he was back again, three feet behind. OK, buster, this bolide can go slowly, too....so I slowed down...and down.....and down...and finally, at about 35mph on the 80 limit autoroute, he came past....and away he went. Wonderful; I could relax. So I did, and cruised along as usual......when i came up behind this selfsame idiot, three feet behind a French car doing about 70. Where his brain was at, nobody will ever know.....but I came past both of them at around 80 and he stayed where he was. Inexplicable.

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

What made me sad today was my S3 has at long ast gone to a new home, she is off on her travels all the way back to her homeland in Englandshire, Norfolk to be exact. Chris the new owner will no doubt be online at some point in the future as a new owner as it's his first foray into the world of Lotus. My happy bit was while he prepaired his trailer to load the car I manage to get a last blast up our back road which is on a very steep hill for almost half a mile and it's in a valley so the sound bounces all over the place, so off I goes, full blast round the sharp r/h bend then give the wee padal all she cant take, max revs, max agression and oh was it fun, get to the top of the hill, turn round and back home again. Now I am thinking, I have spent two years rebuilding, she is running bloody brilliantly, am I stupid selling. Well it was an itch I had to scratch and believe me it was well scratched over the years and again I must say without you lot I would maybe have given up long ago. Yep she will always need a little tweek as all cars do but believe me she is one of the best I have heard especially when in full song. The smile oh Chris's face when I came back was brilliant, oh she sounds good he says. And that from a guy who has just purchased her without as much as a test drive.

Good luck with her Chris, treat her with respect and she will do you well.

Oh, fogot to add the other bit, What will make me happy in a few days. The delivery of the NEW TOY, no restoration work this time, jump in and drive. A beautiful light Blue metalic S4 SE charge cooler with Cream leather interior and Black piping, meticously maintained and well known on TLF groups.Once she has been collected I will post some huge grins photo's, oops photographs of the car for you lot to drule over.

Mike sorry I didnt buy your Silver one, just fell in love with the Blue.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

To late Andy, she arrived today, so she is safely ensconced in her new home. Had an email from Chris today asking what's this what's that so he is keen to get into her for any little tweeking. Keep your eyes open and I am sure you will see her lurking as he works away from home so I am sure she will be getting plenty of run outs while he is home.

Two items.

Firstly I phoned my insurer this morning to inform them about my track day as one of the three track days that is covered by the insurance (which I had confirmed on renewal, and I had used one earlier in the year). Was told that they didn't have free track days, and that would be £100. I paid under protest, and now that I am home I have written in to complain.

Not very happy :( They are one of the Insurance companies with a members discount, and I have promoted them in.the past as having this 3 track days coverage.

Secondly:

Driving home from Goodwood today I was dreading the M25 gridlock in the Esprit - hot day and all that.

However, all the way up the A3 , my sat nav was reporting all the traffic was green and in the clear. So I wasn't going to need my alternative of continuing up the A3 and the S & N Circular. I thought I was going to get a clear run.

However got onto the M25 slip road, traffic updated, suddenly a huge red/yellow chunk of traffic appears. I can tell you, I was not happy at that point in time.

See the "What Made you happy thread" for further details.

Yesterday, this was. Just shutting down the ancient laptop and it decided to corrupt one of the WIndows XP files. And that was it...stuffed. When I tried to fire it up it just sat there smugly and leered at me. Couldn't even open the disc tray!! DEEEEsaster.

However, Moley had a spare computer...newer than OLD FAITHFUL....so I got it out and fired it up. Ithad belonged to my chum Rex, who had a patience breakdown and a persistence failure when he tried to use it. Got the beast running and Firefox downloaded and all the essentials up and running...Sadly, it had never received the final XP update....and Microsoft don't do it.....so I searched and found a likely looking site from which to download it...and it did...and all was good. Except that I had acquired a pustulent virus...Sweet Spot...along with the download. There followed a virus hunt and deletion of Sweet Spot and all it's manifestations....seemed to be all gone.....but I haven't been able to get the machine back on line since!! Nothing works.....it's talking to the router but won't work.

Curses....back to the original, what can we do? After about a tousand manic attempts to get the disc tray to open, it finally did. Stuck in the Year 2006 XP disc and started again; in the pious hope that some miracle would happen I didn't overwrite the original XP but stuck it elsewhere.....around 0200 it had just about got loaded.......at 0400 I was still fiddling about.

End of part one....off out to lunch....more later!!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

One invariably feels better after lunch....or is it that one just doesn't care as much??! Whatever, to continue this tale of woe...I now had one computer with a corrupt file and another all perfect which wouldn't talk to anyone. Concentrating on the old original one, a while later I had it working with pixels the size of postage stamps....once I'd fixed that, we started to have something vaguely sensible. No miracle...but I do have a machine I can email with and peer at the Lotus Forums, so it'll do......

I bought a sewing machine to build a special tent I need for a car show next week.  The machine broke after about 3 hours of use.  I spent the rest of the day driving around to various stores to locate a more robust model.  (and then of course trying to undo the damaged areas of the fabric destroyed when the first one broke.)        

*Hates loosing a whole day of progress*

Edited by hyteck9

Had need of a proper sewing machine to do some canvas boat covers, a year or two back...got a real professional heavy duty machine from eBay, did the sewing and sold it on again for a slight profit....much better than trying to do anything with a domestic machine.

I have a self inflicted headache and am trying to work and get the house prepared for a viewing at the same time. Feeling decidedly :sick:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

lain S2,

It is a perambulator tent...  like the one pictured here:   http://www.canvasandnylon.co.uk/portablegarages.php

They do not sell anything like this in the USA.

I have a show car that glows in the dark.   But car shows are during the day... so I need a tent that is fast "up and down"  so I can pull it over the car quickly and demonstrate, but let it back down again, so the sun can continue to charge the reactive paint.

We are looking at moving bud bit further out, land, more space etc.  Sort of outgrown this place and it needs kitchen, all new carpets, Bathroom etc all doing, so it's spend £20-50k on having an extension and doing all the internal work or Spending £100k more and getting a bigger house in the country.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Todays woes include teenage daughter in exam result huff, tight fisted :censored: ers I work with, the lousy weather, this :censored: government, the world at war and the I fact need a break or at the very least a drink. :cheers:

Having an affair with another marque... B-)

There's a man who knows how to deal with depression....(!)

• Like 1