Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 58 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, Kimbers said:

And if I had a McLaren it would be Orange like every other I have seen on the road :)

4 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

No idea what you mean.... almost nobody has an or-

Ah crap.

Screenshot_20180605-112637_WhatsApp.jpg

@Andrew C :sofa: 

12 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

No idea what you mean.... almost nobody has an or-

Ah crap.

Screenshot_20180605-112637_WhatsApp.jpg

Mannanan?

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.

A loyal lot those owners. McLarens must have more storage than I thought to get all the bowler hats, drums, flutes and banners in.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

i know its subjective and all that  but 

such a beautiful car,, such a pants colour that  mclaren orange..  

someone must like fanta.

@Andrew C time to get an Evora and get rid of the common car?!!!😈

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

LOL - bit of pot calling the kettle orange on here as we would never laugh at the number of Green, yellow or Green & Yellow Loti would we!  Nice to see so many McLaren owners taking their cars out for a good spin on real roads. Can't wait to get over there in a month myself in the 410!

Oh and to stay on topic - what makes me unhappy - fookin' British tourists who insist on getting on up at 0700 to go and reserve sunbeds by the pool despite every friggin' wall around the pool having a sign on saying not too. Fookin' selfish plebs who need to go an get a life rather than worrying about the bloody sunbeds. I wouldn't mind so much but one mother/daughter couple reserved theres in THE prime spot and then did not turn up till bloody 1400 to use them.  If they do that today those towels will be floating in the pool by the time they get to the sunbeds. Strong winds in the Algarve today!!!   :devil:

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

we had a balcony over looking the pool complex in minorca when the kids where young..few moons ago....  i kid you not the Germans yes it was germans were putting there towels out as we were walking out to get something to eat the night before..!!

it wound me up so much due to the fact they only spent two hours in the afternnon by the pool the next day.. on about day 10 i slipped out my room at 3am and threw at least 30 in the pool..  (yes i was intoxicated) 

utter carnage the next morning watching from my balcony as the pool man had scooped them all up into a big pile before everyone got up :)

no that musta made for some unhappy people that morning :)

i did get spotted doing it by my apartment neighbour, who admitted he wanted to do it to and got me a beer at lunch time..

last place we went to the chairs were stacked each night chained up and only unlocked at 9am.. a little more fair but still a mad rus

Edited by andyj007

In Mauritius the Brits all went out sometimes as early as 6am to put their towels out. Then when we got up and went down for 8-9am there were only ones in the shade left by the pool or on the beach.

We would grab a bed and they would sometimes not come out till after lunch and a couple of days beds were empty next to us until they came out at 6pm to get their towels in without ever coming out. Absolute bloody dicks.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Reading today that the land rover discovery is going to be built in Slovakia

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Rent a villa. Try "Owners Direct" . Been using it for years and its great. Book your flights yourself and mostly its a cheaper holiday than many packages and a million times more relaxing.  It also helps enormously in avoiding the complete dick heads of this world.

50 minutes ago, pete said:

Reading today that the land rover discovery is going to be built in Slovakia

Isn't that where they build Skodas? So with any lick LR Discovery build quality is in for a big upgrade.

2 minutes ago, PhilW said:

Rent a villa. Try "Owners Direct" . Been using it for years and its great. Book your flights yourself and mostly its a cheaper holiday than many packages and a million times more relaxing.  It also helps enormously in avoiding the complete dick heads of this world.

Apart form having to share your holiday flight with the drunken twats on Ryanair and Easyjet that is?

The small print.

Thats true but at least when you are at your destination you can then leave them behind.

Recently walked around Amsterdam on very hot day.  Never been before but the only drunks were English.  Probably saw 5 groups.  All shouting and  swearing.   No wonder we have  a reputation.   Just wondering how many Putins going to lock up soon.  I bet hes rubbing his hands together already.

31 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Isn't that where they build Skodas? So with any lick LR Discovery build quality is in for a big upgrade.

Apart form having to share your holiday flight with the drunken twats on Ryanair and Easyjet that is?

And Phil.

Margate Exotics.

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Absolutely, let’s face it, it couldn’t get any worse

• Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 13:42, Barrykearley said:

On the plus side - when I collected my S4 and won a speeding ticket on the way home it didn’t affect my premium at all. 

Well it finally happened after 16,000 miles of driving, a speeding ticket.  Pulled over by an Indiana State Trooper and he was an total arse.

He was acting like I committed a felony.  Harsh and almost yelling at me.  Told him I was sorry and I wasn't a dick about it.  I didn't offer an excuse as I knew it would only cause more trouble.

It made me feel like not driving again because I never want to have an experience like that again.  It's sad because I just got the car all sorted and running well (took a long time to get there).  Had the feeling if I wasn't a white guy, the situation could have been much worse.

Anyone else have a bad speeding violation experience with a police officer?

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

I've had other local police being nice about things.  One commented that he loved the car.  This guy made no mention of my car and looked at me like I was the enemy. 

I liked the radar video - hopefully that guy had more luck than I did.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

That's me in the video! They said we were doing 120mph in the video (we weren't, our Expert Witness calculated we were going no faster than 70), and the 8 cops cars that chased up after us said we were doing 155mph. They didn't have any evidence (and my NA only did 138mph when new!) so pretty much walked away from that one. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Just had the scariest moment of my adult life - Thank god for my dashcam!

I was driving home from the mrs, and my car is ice cold due to her being 6 miles away, so I didn't boot it onto the motorway as usual, plus there was traffic.

Luckily I looked ahead and saw a car slowing down/stopping. I was curious, maybe he broke down or had a puncture. NOPE he missed a turn.

Absolute gentlemans sausage turns around on the motorway, almost hits another car, and drives straight at me! 

I was just sat there praying "please dont hit me, please please " 

Luckily he just drove past me - Worst experience of my life in the last 10 years or so.

Please, I urge you to get a dash cam, mine isnt great at night because its not been fiddled with for proper night settings, but cost me £150 all in. Was worth it.

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 07:35, Bibs said:

That's me in the video! They said we were doing 120mph in the video (we weren't, our Expert Witness calculated we were going no faster than 70), and the 8 cops cars that chased up after us said we were doing 155mph. They didn't have any evidence (and my NA only did 138mph when new!) so pretty much walked away from that one. 

Man, the English cops really wanted to make your day miserable.  Wonder how "8" cop cars mobilized that fast?   I've seen up to 4 at once, only more at accidents.  What made you so special to warrant that many?  Glad you could walk away from it.  Hope after they pulled you over that they didn't draw their weapons.  Anybody in the states going over 100 mph (obviously you weren't), would be charged with a felony and I'm pretty sure they would demand you exist the vehicle and lay down on the ground while they cuff you.

5 hours ago, bogle said:

Man, the English cops really wanted to make your day miserable.  Wonder how "8" cop cars mobilized that fast?   I've seen up to 4 at once, only more at accidents.  What made you so special to warrant that many?  Glad you could walk away from it.  Hope after they pulled you over that they didn't draw their weapons.  Anybody in the states going over 100 mph (obviously you weren't), would be charged with a felony and I'm pretty sure they would demand you exist the vehicle and lay down on the ground while they cuff you.

Most cops here aren't armed so if they drew their weapons he would have been really fucked.

15 hours ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Just had the scariest moment of my adult life - Thank god for my dashcam!

I was driving home from the mrs, and my car is ice cold due to her being 6 miles away, so I didn't boot it onto the motorway as usual, plus there was traffic.

Luckily I looked ahead and saw a car slowing down/stopping. I was curious, maybe he broke down or had a puncture. NOPE he missed a turn.

Absolute gentlemans sausage turns around on the motorway, almost hits another car, and drives straight at me! 

I was just sat there praying "please dont hit me, please please " 

Luckily he just drove past me - Worst experience of my life in the last 10 years or so.

Please, I urge you to get a dash cam, mine isnt great at night because its not been fiddled with for proper night settings, but cost me £150 all in. Was worth it.

It's amazing what can happen after 10 pm on a Friday night.  Wish I had a dash cam to record my encounter with the State Trooper. 

Spending the day replacing a burst water tank at the mother in laws, knowing full well I’d end up funding the whole exercise as well. 

My 2 least favourite things in DIY, old pipes and lofts..

Blessed with the competence to be a slave to the incapable.

Currently without a Lotus, Evora 400 Hethel Edition in Racing Green with Red leather and 2010 Evora N/A in Laser Blue and 1983 Lotus Excel LC Narrow body in Ice Blue all sadly gone.