Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
What made you UNHAPPY today! - Page 84 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

What made you UNHAPPY today!

rocket63

2 1/2 weeks ago, I heard a squeaky noise at startup from the engine bay.  Turns out my Aux Pulley is wobbling. Engine out service and that does it for the driving season this year.

Just had my drive way redone.  At least it happened in my garage and not hundreds of miles from home.

"I thought it was Lambo" -  Thank you very much and now it's time to educate the Exotic Less.

• Gold FFM

More than 3 weeks having passed since the fence demolition saga and with no sign of the new fence being erected despite their contractor saying it was going up during week commencing 5th August, I decided enough was enough.

Our dogs have been 'banned' from our front garden unless on their leads for all of this time meanwhile next door's mutts have had free-range of the entire neighbourhood, leaving their little calling cards all over our garden and beyond. On Saturday, I acquired some fencing materials of my own and erected a suitably-high fence just my side of the property dividing line. On Sunday, I had a visit from the neighbour 'complaining' that I'd jumped the gun as now his contractor would find it more difficult to erect their fence which was "happening any day now", :rolleyes: .

Maybe I didn't help the situation by adopting what was basically a "tough sh1t" attitude, but today they retaliated. Knowing full well that despite it being a Bank Holiday I was still going out on a nightshift tonight (I dropped that nugget of information into our conversation which covered the noise disturbance I'd already experienced), they had a skip delivered to their driveway about 3 hours ago and have proceeded to spend the afternoon filling it with the contents of their old kitchen which would now appear to be next on their home improvement list.

I had intended to sleep from midday until about 6pm prior to my shift start at 7.30, driving a 44 tonne wagon on a 400 mile round trip to Manchester. I have managed a couple more hours through in one of the spare bedrooms at the back of the house but it has been somewhat sporadic as our dogs are upset by all the crashing and banging coming from next door. Thanks a bunch for your contribution to road safety, :realmad: .

Or start bringing your rigs cab home and parking outside their front door!

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

5 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Or start bringing your rigs cab home and parking outside their front door!

Think of the noise as you fire it up at midnight or in the early morning to head off.  Are they new neighbours Dave or just recently been lobotomised by some new SNP edict?

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 16:03, C8RKH said:

Think of the noise as you fire it up at midnight or in the early morning to head off.  Are they new neighbours Dave or just recently been lobotomised by some new SNP edict?

I've been allocated a new Scania R630 demonstrator that's on trial at the moment - 16 litre V8 should about do it.

They moved in about 18 years ago and things have been 'neighbourly' up until 3 months ago when he retired (at 52 - the benefits of working for the prison service, :rolleyes: ) and now seems to have adopted alienating everybody nearby as his new pastime.

On ‎27‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 18:41, Barrykearley said:

I’d highly recommend checking those pesky air horns still work 👍

Oh they still work. Big suckers they are too - think they came off a ship!

On ‎28‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 11:08, Painterdave said:

The sound of the airbrakes recharging should  do the job alright 

Yes, got to leave it on a fast idle (about 1500rpm) for a good couple of minutes to get the tanks up to the full 12 bar after it's been sitting for a while.

Or, there's always the this, :P .

1019119270_Evoraexhaust.jpg.a8eb1890072f7a611db08ee247f42fe9.jpg

• Gold FFM

Well, it just gets better and better!

About a month back, for several days it seemed like they were filming a remake of Hitchcock's 'The Birds' in our immediate vicinity as the sky was thick with gulls, magpies, and such like wheeling around and screaming the place down. All our cars very quickly looked like they'd been parked next to a whitewash factory when it exploded, resulting in us having to leave their covers on when not in use and still having to wash them every time we went out as they inevitably took several hits as soon as exposed.

This avian assault gradually subsided, only to be replaced in the days that followed by a virtual plague of bluebottles. Open a window for a few seconds and you'd have upwards of a dozen of the blighters immediately invading the house. Even today, they are still in evidence, albeit in diminishing numbers. All the while that we were trying to fend-off these attacks by nature, we were aware of a pungent, almost rancid, smell hanging in the air - not very strong but definitely there and a recent occurrence.

A couple of hours ago, I decided to take the opportunity between rain showers to pop up a ladder and give our gutters a quick clear out of some of the detritus that had collected -  I know, I get all the glamorous jobs, :rolleyes: . From my new vantage point, I had an unobstructed view of the roof of next door's garage, one of the walls of which forms part of the boundary between our two properties and comes to within 5 feet of the window in our utility room.

The cause of all the bird and insect activity was instantly revealed. Next door's eldest son (he's 21/22ish) is training to be a gamekeeper and it would appear that he decided at some point to bring his work home with him - this is the sight that greeted me from the top of the ladder..................................

1883091388_DavidMobile040919013.thumb.JPG.e98f7700e0910de33199f3fd1a5fd8f0.JPG

WTAF?!?!? :realmad:

That needs cordoning-off as a bio-hazard area!

The whole family next door are of course currently in residence at their holiday home on the coast  (wouldn't want them to have to live amongst the noise and mess of their refurbishment works now would we?) and so can't be contacted prior to my inevitable phone call to Environmental Health.

• Confused 3

At this time, if this came through to Norfolk, I din't think it would be dealt with. It's hard enough dealing with all the emergency calls!

I suggest a call to the council would be more productive. It's basically like leaving rotting food out and is both anti-social and unclean/risk of disease. The Police would take a report but what they would do about it would differ area to area. I would say if you report it to Police, when they get there (eventually) they would take a report and go speak to your neighbour and ask them to stop it. Council would get more involved. 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

One of my reptile lights blew this morning, not bad considering its on 12 hours a day for the last 30 months I'd say...

In my rush to take it out and diagnose if it was the fitting or bulb itself, I grabbed the other reptile lamp (ceramic) to swap out and sort it.

Brain clearly not engaged.

The second my fingertips touched the bulb I can hear them sizzle. Followed by immense burning pain. Luckily only 2 fingers, as I tapped it to see how hot it was before going full ham fisted grip... 

Won't be doing that again!

A near hour in cold water, still burning like hell.

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

What is it with Car dealerships/traders advertising and selling cars that give you extensive detail on every available nut bolt and upgrade the car has had throughout its entire history except the one piece of information you really want - the mileage! 

No sorry I cannot be arsed to message or phone you just to find out. How to lose a potential customer. Morons.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

• Gold FFM
On 16/09/2019 at 04:32, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

One of my reptile lights blew this morning, not bad considering its on 12 hours a day for the last 30 months I'd say...

In my rush to take it out and diagnose if it was the fitting or bulb itself, I grabbed the other reptile lamp (ceramic) to swap out and sort it.

Brain clearly not engaged.

The second my fingertips touched the bulb I can hear them sizzle. Followed by immense burning pain. Luckily only 2 fingers, as I tapped it to see how hot it was before going full ham fisted grip... 

Won't be doing that again!

A near hour in cold water, still burning like hell.

Aloe Vera. We have two plants growing in the backyard for such things. Break off a little piece and rub the sap on.

Works for bee stings, burns, soldering iron burns etc.

• Thanks 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-49795221/thunberg-if-you-choose-to-fail-us-we-will-never-forgive-you

seeing this on the BBC. When you understand the management behind this young girl and the way she is being played to an audience - frankly it’s vile

• Like 1

Only here once

Totally agree Barry.

Cant help thinking that there’s an element of brainwashing going on with the school children of today as well. Some of those protesting aren’t mature enough to be able to analyse all of the facts and make their own mind up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-49795221/thunberg-if-you-choose-to-fail-us-we-will-never-forgive-you

seeing this on the BBC. When you understand the management behind this young girl and the way she is being played to an audience - frankly it’s vile

Once the fame has gone  and with the aspergers it would not suprise me if she ends up with a whole bunch of mental health issues and none of todays  hangers on to help her through it.   

• Like 1

Did you see her looking at Donald Trump. Looked like a spoilt little brat. Don’t worry about her though. I read today Michael Mansfield QC spoke at the Labour party conference and says eating meat needs to become illegal. Excellent idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just watched this. It seems to me like she has little understanding of what she's talking about I'm afraid. Certainly a puppet and it will catch up with her at some point, not in a good way sadly. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYqtXR8iPlE

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

4 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Lol. And people really believe she is just a young, normal girl lol....

So gullible. So naive. Next they'll believe Coke really is the real thing and they really did teach the world to sing.

You know things really are getting nasty when they use children like this.

• Like 1

The small print.

Listening to some of the 'talk' from the Labour Party Conference!

Do these deluded fools think that referring to each other as 'Comrades' is ever going to make them more appealing to the mainstream human beings.

Have none of them read 1984 or Animal Farm?. Perhaps they have and they yearn for it!

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

On 04/09/2019 at 15:28, Alfa2Evora said:

Well, it just gets better and better!

About a month back, for several days it seemed like they were filming a remake of Hitchcock's 'The Birds' in our immediate vicinity as the sky was thick with gulls, magpies, and such like wheeling around and screaming the place down. All our cars very quickly looked like they'd been parked next to a whitewash factory when it exploded, resulting in us having to leave their covers on when not in use and still having to wash them every time we went out as they inevitably took several hits as soon as exposed.

This avian assault gradually subsided, only to be replaced in the days that followed by a virtual plague of bluebottles. Open a window for a few seconds and you'd have upwards of a dozen of the blighters immediately invading the house. Even today, they are still in evidence, albeit in diminishing numbers. All the while that we were trying to fend-off these attacks by nature, we were aware of a pungent, almost rancid, smell hanging in the air - not very strong but definitely there and a recent occurrence.

A couple of hours ago, I decided to take the opportunity between rain showers to pop up a ladder and give our gutters a quick clear out of some of the detritus that had collected -  I know, I get all the glamorous jobs, :rolleyes: . From my new vantage point, I had an unobstructed view of the roof of next door's garage, one of the walls of which forms part of the boundary between our two properties and comes to within 5 feet of the window in our utility room.

The cause of all the bird and insect activity was instantly revealed. Next door's eldest son (he's 21/22ish) is training to be a gamekeeper and it would appear that he decided at some point to bring his work home with him - this is the sight that greeted me from the top of the ladder..................................

1883091388_DavidMobile040919013.thumb.JPG.e98f7700e0910de33199f3fd1a5fd8f0.JPG

WTAF?!?!? :realmad:

That needs cordoning-off as a bio-hazard area!

The whole family next door are of course currently in residence at their holiday home on the coast  (wouldn't want them to have to live amongst the noise and mess of their refurbishment works now would we?) and so can't be contacted prior to my inevitable phone call to Environmental Health.

David, only just seen this. I really do hope that you did three things:

1. Reported this to environmental health and DEFRA

2. Reported it to council for enforcement 

3. Reported it to police and RSPCA

Why? My best friend is a gamekeeper. So is his son. They would NEVER do anything this inhumane and disgusting and if your neighbours son is training to be a gamekeeper he needs a great big fucking kick up the arse. Full stop.

This sort of behaviour is abhorrent. Gamies, and people who generally work tge land, get a bad enough name as it is from the ill/miss informed activists and stuff like this just trashes their image further. Bit like Clarksons crass comments re all truckers being ........ I can imagine how abhorrent that would be to you as a thoroughly decent gent!

Screw the fuckers, they really have crossed the line mate. And I live in the country....

The small print.