Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coffee? - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coffee?

Bibs

I used to love tea, I'd drink tonnes of it and thought coffee was what the devil had with his breakfast but a while back my taste changed and I'm a coffee monster now.

Currently enjoying Illy, I dig the little tins too but as a special treat Laura got me a nice selection of various flavours as a gift, I'm currently enjoy a cup of Kenyan Peaberry, it's strong and delicious but not too bitter.

Made in a filter machine from grounds, I'm not grinding my own nor using one of those hideously expensive espresso machines (yet!).

What's your poison?

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

As an Englishman I drink tea, naturally. But not those Satan inspired tea bags, no no, a proper tea pot. I blame the Americans for tea bags and instant coffee.yes.gif

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

• Gold FFM

Bibs,

Yes I noticed that you quite enjoy your coffee. Having watched you down a cup at Castle Motors...a cup that if I had it would have taken me three times the amount to drink it. But then again at the pub I believe I had the same issue with my pint.

I used to drink coffee everyday but when I quit smoking I stopped. Now, and yes Roger we are to blame for the tea bag, I will have a cup of tea two or three times in the week and only in the morning.

Bibs, if your coffee is a bit bitter you can always throw in a pinch of salt into your cup ( small pinch ) and that will remove that bitter flavour. Sounds strange but works.

As you learned at Dave and Megan Freeman's, I drink a lot of water and a Coca-Cola a day.

Edited by cjtpb13

Must be one of the only people not to like tea or coffee!

I can drink coffee, I just don't like it, whereas I can't stand tea and even the smell makes me heave.

Bottled water all the way (and Coke Zero).

Edited by Nelly9000

I am a tea drinker, in fact as I write this I have just brewed up !! Never touch instant coffee, but love a GOOD strong black coffee freshly ground and brewed. We have a large Portugese population in Thetford and thier cafes serve great coffee thumbsup.gif

I'm a tea guy in a land of coffee drinkers (love my Yorkshire Gold tea!).

Paddle Faster, I hear Banjos!

I drink both but since my inlaws bought us a Cona coffee maker I admit to becoming a coffee snob. The problem is that the Cona makes the coffe without actually heating the coffee grounds directly so it makes the smoothest cup of coffee I have ever had so if I have coffee that is not up to scratch I can tell instantly.

I highly recomend one and they are not that expensive.

I'm a coffee man but my tastes have changes recently, against my will!

I used to be able to drink cup after cup of any kind of coffee, obviously the better, ..the better.

But recently, I cant seem to be able to make a cup I really like - either good instant or proper stuff. It just doesnt taste the same.

Also, I daren't drink it after 8.30pm or I'm awake until 3am. Guaranteed. Never used to bother me this way.

As I'm reaching the big 4-0; (although still in my 30s) I wonder if this is just an age thing.

Its really quite disappointing.

Just been to Italy, their coffee is better but still not hitting the mark. Am I beyond redemption?

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Love tea and coffee (both black with sugar) but most often would pick coffee over tea. My favourite is Italian blend - nearly all of the supermaket chains do one - and typically we make it in a Cafetierre....though we do use our filter machine for breakfast.

Never did get into coke or any sort of pop...aside from the odd beer of course. :rolleyes:

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I usually drink tea at home but coffee when I'm out as coffee is more consistent but tea can so easily be messed up. However, Starbucks does sell a decent cup of tea with their "Awake" bags.

Don't take sugar in either but I do take milk in my tea and like a bit of half and half in my coffe although milk will do. I used to drink gallons of coffee at work but don't drink so much now. Never seemed to affect me. In fact, I would sometimes feel a bit shakey if I didn't have any coffee, or any other drink.

I'm not a coffee or tea snob. Use the WalMart tea bags, for example. However, I don't like the taste of instant. Used to love a good cafe con leche in Spain.

I'll have to try the pinch of salt tip as often I find coffee a bit bitter. The things you learn on this forum never cease to amaze me.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

I drink herbal tea during the day but mid morning I like a proper coffee. Being the lucky owner of a bean to cup machine I can enjoy the sounds and smells of beans grinding (go on Bibs, you know you want to...) a fab weekend treat.

Not this weekend, report writing, booooo so I have my trusty cafetiere Hoorah.

Oh yes, black.

post-1-039744300201278592955.jpg

Made in a filter machine from grounds, I'm not grinding my own nor using one of those hideously expensive espresso machines (yet!).

If my house caught fire the expresso machine would be one of the things to be saved. Might rescue the kids first...

Dont buy one of those capsule things, make sure you get one that grinds beans. If your caffine habit is as bad as mine you can then buy beans in bulk from the internet. The supplier things I run a small coffee shop!

Get something like the De'Longhi Magnifica ESAM4200, under £300, some strong beans and you wont need to sleep for a week.

Alan

• Gold FFM

I've always been a Tea am/Coffee pm kind of chap.

Strange how tastes vary though - too weak, too strong, too sweet, too bitter - funny how nobody else can make it quite like you make it yourself. :rolleyes:

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Discovered coffee when I was about 12 or 13 and it has been virtually my only hot drink for the last 45 years or so. If you made me a cup of tea without asking which I preferred (or you had run out of coffee), I would drink it. I average about 4 cups of tea per year on that basis.

Strong, weak, instant, ground, filtered, cafetierre, flavoured, black, white with/without liquers... it doesn't matter... as long as it has 2 sugars (or preferably sweeteners which is my concession to girth control).

I drink virtually nothing but coffee. Easy to say as you subconciously 'forget' all of the other stuff you drink but the following can be taken as a fairly accurate guide to other fluids consumed on an annual basis.

1 bottle of wine

2 bottles of liquers (various - average). except on all-inclusive holidays when I become a 'cocktail monster'

5 bottles of Port

2 or 3 pints of some sort of squash type drink (favourite is Peach at the moment)

2 or 3 pints of Tap water (hard or soft, doesn't matter)

5 or 6 bottles of water (usually on holiday as I am walking around. It's the ONLY way I would pay for something which is free in most countries)

20 pints of beer/lager

70 pints of Coke (full fat - chemical rich - no ice/slice)

So that can't be good for you, I hear you cry, as I guzzle my way through about 10 to 12 cups(mugs) of coffee a day........

I'm obviously addicted to coffee and get headaches as withdrawal symptoms after abstinence for a couple of days...... but apart from that I last visited a doctor 15 years ago....... of course that doesn't mean to say that I'm not rotting away from the inside with all of this coffee consumption!

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.<br />

<br />

In practice, there is!

Used to be Earl Grey in the morning, followed by an herbal mid-morning and perhaps a pure green tea to retire on.

Then I bought my secretaries Senseo coffee machine .......WOW

Now I'm Blue Mountain, French Extreme, Kenya AA, a Costa Rican brew and a Roast Master Choice.

All taken black, all purchased in bulk from the net

Quick, easy and excellent quality :rolleyes:

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

I used to do 4 starbucks Vente lattes a day, all with syrup!

:rolleyes:

Thats over 1200 calories a day, just on coffee!

Now i do two americanos with milk a day, about 100 calories and almost totally the reason i am now 2st lighter. I do like a nice latte with aremetto syrup though and every couple of months or so i treat myself to one.

:)

I friend also gave me an espresso machine so i often now make an americano on weekend mornings, and Vicki's mum gave me one of these which is ace to take to work in my van, pre loaded with coffee, so i can have freshly brewed coffee whenever i'm near a kettle.

In my job where I can have a potential 10 cups during my working hours its far safer to have tea,cos there is some dam bad instant coffee's out there and that's not even including CAMP coffee sick.gif ,so yeah a tea drinker for me.:rolleyes:

Camp Coffee made with Milk is delish. But I have to be honest, we've stopped using instant call together. Wendy has an expresso maker and we also have those fresh roast "single cup" things which are very cool and useful.

Our faves tend to me Medium Columbian for full coffee and Italian strong for expresso.

That said I have reduced my caffiene intake as part of my diet and as such only have 2 cups a day anyway. One coffee to wake me up and one tea in the afternoon.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Just be sure to be responsible coffee drinkers and have a plan in place in case you spill a cup!

(Apologies in advance to major BP stock holders and Gulf residents: dark humor here. If you don't laugh you'll cry)