Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Useless Facts about anything - Page 8 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Useless Facts about anything

gghc87

• Gold FFM

An incunable is a book or pamphlet that was printed before 1501.

We had this in a newspaper quiz at work. I was more amazed that someone bothered with making a word to describe it

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• 2 months later...

Bumblebees don't die when they sting you, only honey bees do that. Here's why:

Bumblebee sting

4564567448_f9b11144a4_z.jpg

Honeybee sting

00325ce85e8.jpg

Edited by slewthy

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Coconuts kill more people than sharks

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

That's at least safer than trying to drink the milk out of a shark.

From "That Was the Week That Was"

If all the students in the World were placed end to end around the equator..........I would not be at all surprised.

Did you know that 7 out of 10 doctors leaves 3.

The World used to stop for T W T W T W. They were even taken off the air before one general election as it was said that they could sway the electorate in how they voted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Voyager 1 has this year left our Solar system - the first man made object to do so. Today it is 12 Billion miles from home. It is travelling at 100000mph and will reach another star in 40000 years time.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Man will reap what he sows......

Galatians 6: 7-9

Oh, and by the way,

Certain exploding shells were invented by Maj Gen Shrapnel

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

• Like 1

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

22 people die annually in the US from cows.

Sharks apparently, less than 1 per year.

Seems about right...

beefy_centaur.jpg

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

The original story from "Tales of 1001 Arabian Nights" begins, "Aladdin was a little Chinese boy."

When opossums are playing 'possum, they are not "playing."  They actually pass out from sheer terror.

The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

No wider than one's thumb, eh?

Well, that eliminates a fair percentage of misconceived tallywackers I suppose.

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.