Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Served/Serving in the Armed Forces? FREE membership upgrade - Page 2 - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Served/Serving in the Armed Forces? FREE membership upgrade

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, KennyN said:

@Chillidoggy Surely you got a chocolate Hobnob for your selfless sacrifice...what more do you want? 🤣

Good try though!!!

He did try bribing with biscuits, and I held out for at least 3, maybe 4 seconds.

Margate Exotics.

7 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

He did try bribing with biscuits, and I held out for at least 3, maybe 4 seconds.

I often succumb to the lure of the chocolate Hobnob myself, you did well to resist for so long.

16 hours ago, Kevin Wheeler said:

@pbharcourt - a free upgrade for you - if you can prove you are actually a fireman - rather than just telling us tall tales!

Not sure I want to be associated with the 'gilets jaunes' .....and why were they having French fuel protests at Ryarsh village fete anyway?:lol:

Firefighter Kev not Fireman as we have women serving as well, I cant actually post any pictures as proof as I have maxed out on my picture files due to not being a full forum member :getmecoat:

On 06/12/2018 at 19:41, Dan.G said:

Bibs, youre not offering this to veterans?

Should we not consider all sacrifices made in honour of this country, past and present? Some members of this club may not be currently serving and I appreciate you have to draw a line, but It may not be their choice they are no longer serving, such as an injury.

I will of course respect your decision if this is final, I merely raising a thought for our veterans.

Dan

Geez  guys.  I am ex military  so I guess am eligible.  Whilst I salute Bibs for this  very generous offer I do believe running a website like this costs money.  The chances are if you are a regular on here you are likely to be running a Lotus or intend to run one which would suggest £20 is not out of reach.

I for one will be continuing to contribute to the running costs even if I was deemed to be eligible for a free upgrade.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhilW said:

Geez  guys.  I am ex military  so I guess am eligible.  Whilst I salute Bibs for this  very generous offer I do believe running a website like this costs money.  The chances are if you are a regular on here you are likely to be running a Lotus or intend to run one which would suggest £20 is not out of reach.

I for one will be continuing to contribute to the running costs even if I was deemed to be eligible for a free upgrade.

Phil,

At no point did I mention the saving was for myself, nor have I been unwilling to pay my way.

My comments were in consideration of those perhaps less fortunate. We have many who take part on this forum with no lotus, and enjoy the brand, it's heritage etc.

My consideration was simply to support a minority, let's not undermine their sacrifices.

• Like 1

Dan,  Absolutely didnt mean in any way to have a go at you as an individual.  I hope you accept my apology.  Probably shouldn't have quoted your comment.  I completely agree that if those less fortunate can make use of Bibs offer then that is truly great.  I just hope those that can afford the cost dont take advantage of this wonderful, helpful and money saving (in maintenance) website.

We would all be much worse off without it.

Hope to see you at BIH next Monday.... see my comment earlier today in East Anglia section

Phil,

Not at all, I fear I may have read into that too much and made an attempt do defend the needy.

Curse of the text, perhaps we should hug this one out at the meet.

I have every confidence Bibs will know when to give out discounts.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Gold FFM
On 31/10/2021 at 11:48, Gjk said:

Hmmm,

Seakings.

By definition:- 60,000 loose rivets flying in close formation!

I'll never forget, when deployed as part of STANAVFORMED, the Canadian Fleet Air Arm's Seakings proudly stickered with, "Flying yesterday's airframes, Tomorrow".

• Haha 2