Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Top Gear - New Series - Page 19 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Top Gear - New Series

I would love them to do something that isn't scripted and contrived and is obviously someone saying "Oh wouldn't it be funny if Jeremy did something stupid". The old specials, Africa, Vietnam etc were just excellent.

100% agree.  Sadly it was exactly this.  I was actually hoping that Hammond had broken his wrist because that would not have been on the script.

I never thought I would ever say this about TG but....Yawn.

Sadly, because of my earlier comments, I actually enjoyed it. It may have been, because I watched it at 12 last night after coming in from a game of poker and spending all day in the garden, that I was in a good mood anyway. But I actually found myself Laughing out loud at several points.

However, once again you can tell it was scripted. For example, Jeremy, the morning after they wake up, the first day on the trip. When he finds out May has taken them on the wrong route, the wrong way. Ok smarty pants, how come the producers had pre booked you into accommodation at least the night before, possibly further back, so must have known where you were going?

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Guest Mutley00

I laughed out loud on several occasions, especially when May woke up with his sleeping accommodation 20 foot from the floor.

Like Kimbers though, I watched it late through beer goggles having benefitted from supporting Sheff United and England Rugby and spending most of the afternoon drinking Kelham Island Pale Rider.

Dont seem to remember much about it now though, in the sober light of day!

• Like 1

Hasnt Jeremy already been exposed for not actually driving the cars, other than making those silly faces in a few posed shots. Plus the fact that most decent manufacturers will not let them have one of their cars as they are only interested in wrecking them and you have a format that only leaves buying second hand vehicles which seems to be the route they are going down. 

The show generally has a good format. I get that. Once again though, Clarkson has to be derided for playing the imbecile. He is, I believe an exceptional journalist, but he is such a prat and that just ruins it for me. Its a shame.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

tonight at 8 on discovery 5th gear is on for those that prefer actual car testing

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

First there was Benny Hill, then Mr Bean and now Top Gear!

Don't think he or the others care. TG brand sells more by acting a prat than reporting on cars! No body can dispute it sells and Clarkson is millionaire as a result, I'd act a prat too if I could afford an LFA! It's getting boring though, even the kids will get bored of it soon.

You know you've already made your mind up !

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• Gold FFM

James on a horse.......

"Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow etc"

and I wonder why they didn't get a horse that fit JC?

And Hammond with ants.......

"Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow, Ow etc"

:D

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Isn't Top Gear supposed to be entertaining rather than informative? I certainly found the Burma drive entertaining as did the wife who certainly wouldn't be watching if it were an informative programme about cars. This way, she does learn something about cars and for making motoring entertaining rather than boring or just for people obsessed with cars, I think it deserves our support.

Next thing, people will be saying that Eastenders doesn't accurately reflect real life.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

5th Gear was excellent this week. WIth the SEAT tested (properly) and lots of real car stuff.

Really starting to get into it now and loving the fact they don't just thrash something sideways round a track, they do proper tests.

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Isn't Top Gear supposed to be entertaining rather than informative? I certainly found the Burma drive entertaining as did the wife who certainly wouldn't be watching if it were an informative programme about cars. This way, she does learn something about cars and for making motoring entertaining rather than boring or just for people obsessed with cars, I think it deserves our support.

Next thing, people will be saying that Eastenders doesn't accurately reflect real life.

Trouble is, Trevor, a large chunk of humanity really does think that Eastenders reflects real life....they regard it as a role model!

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

There was a great letter in the Sunday Times a few weeks back which was very accurate and funny.

Something on the lines of " how brave of the BBC to combine two long running shows together last week. The combination of Top Gear and Last of the Summer Wine shows tremendous imagination and seems to work"

Kind of understand the point being made, and  I love both shows SOME of the time.

Good weeks and average weeks I guess.

Mark 

• Like 1

Guest surferphil

Hi all,

Does anyone know if and when top gear are going to feature the new V6 exige?

Regards

jeff

This series is over and they didn't test it. Who knows when the next series will be made?

Pains me to say it as I'm a huge Clarkson and TG fan but that series was uninspiring, predictable and boring.

One or two moments of genius (Disco Volante review) but the other 90% was a load of shite. Don't mind a bit of chat, opinion and humour but that really was repetitive and dull.

Like Mercedes in the 90s... All about making money and not concentrating on quality. The worst season yet.

• 1 month later...

Yup. Just deserts for an ignorant pr*ck  :vava:

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg