Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Caturday... - Page 16 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Caturday...

Bibs

2 hours ago, KAS-118 said:

@Chillidoggy - what type of cat is that - apart from 'cute' obviously 🙂

The one in that photo is a Champa, a Fold Golden Chincilla, the other one is Beerus, a Straight Golden Chincilla. They’re from the same litter, too. I haven’t seen them in person yet, which is frustrating, given they’re so cute!

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 1 month later...

Our two Coons now at just over 6 months and still growing at a formidable rate! The male, Lando (red silver) is already over 5kgs and a great tree climber. Amazingly he has become very adept at getting down again backwards, unlike our previous cats who were hopeless at it. They could go up ok but always needed help getting back down. 26419F47-1BCD-4CBE-8F9F-2C96EA2E7F40.thumb.jpeg.2e6da09f0ff8c2035a33dfa910329be1.jpegA4E2928B-7B82-43C9-85FD-B171085E44E0.thumb.jpeg.c49353555d37f4ce1479bc3715e16e2b.jpeg

• Love 1

He’s a born hunter, rather like his forbear, a very large Coon we had for 20 years and who, single handedly, obliterated the local wildlife!😂

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, Spinney said:

He’s a born hunter, rather like his forbear, a very large Coon we had for 20 years and who, single handedly, obliterated the local wildlife!😂

Today’s count 3 mice and a squirrel I am telling you he is FSB trained 😂. He took the squirrel upstairs to show my wife which seemed to go down well!!! 

In the last three days I've had two rabbits. The second one I had to dispose of but the first,  when I went to dispose of it, the body had gone while my cat was indoors, so I think the feral cat had found a free lunch, my cat would be mortified if he realised he'd donated food to his nemesis the feral cat.

Awesome cats, the Maine Coon. We’ve had 4 of them now and they’re great company, as you know. Very dog like in many ways, without the downside of having to walk them every day, come rain, snow or gale force winds!😂

3 hours ago, oneshot said:

Certainly is - 16 months old.

My wife has asked his name? He’s a similar colour to our lad. 

• Gold FFM

Yep he is a Cog (cat dog) I have had cats since the day I was born as mother bought one for 50p in deptford the day after I was born. . We have had British Shorthairs for 20 odd years and Stanley is the first Maine Coon ( still have two shorthairs) best cat by a country mile

12 hours ago, Spinney said:

Awesome cats, the Maine Coon. We’ve had 4 of them now and they’re great company, as you know. Very dog like in many ways, without the downside of having to walk them every day, come rain, snow or gale force winds!😂

My wife has asked his name? He’s a similar colour to our lad. 

His name is Flintfire (Flint for short) he is a red silver mackerel tabby currently just of 6kg.

Dave - 2000 Sport 350

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/06/2020 at 20:23, andydclements said:

In the last three days I've had two rabbits. The second one I had to dispose of but the first,  when I went to dispose of it, the body had gone while my cat was indoors, so I think the feral cat had found a free lunch, my cat would be mortified if he realised he'd donated food to his nemesis the feral cat.

It's taken c7 months of feeding the feral cat to get to the point where I thought I'd see how he reacts to my hand being near him (keep in mind, he approaches to get food, hissing at me as he does it). Went from hand nearby =OK, to a couple of days later hand hovering 6 inches over food is OK, two days later still and OK to move hand just to touch his shoulder being OK, finally tried proper stroke, he stopped eating pushing head up to get more force from the attention and today (another couple of days) he was stretching his head out to make sure I rubbed under his neck.

I think this feral cat has a chance of being re-homed via a cat sanctuary. My great-niece saw him yesterday and has decided he should be named scar which is due to the woulds he has on his face (many from my cat I'm sure). He also went and took food from some Maine Coons the other day, in the kitchen of where they live. I think he's brave and hungry.

• Gold FFM

Yes @andydclements we had no chance. Had to reply on industrial strength stuff from the vet which does work very well. The problem is knowing where it fell off! She's still a tick magnet though, they get caught in her fur and she brings them in to the house. Nice caring sharing cat that she is.

Talking of ticks, here's some advice a walker gave me - if you ever have a tick on you, remove it with the tick tool then put the tick in a small freezer bag, date it and put it in the freezer. That way if you ever start to feel poorly later the tick can be tested for Lyme disease. You may get tested quicker at the GP, not sure. Anyway, Lyme disease can seriously mess you up. 

Signature not working...

• 3 weeks later...

The kittens are getting bigger, and more adventurous. They’ve tried one on a lead for walkies, which was moderately successful, but painfully slow. The other one couldn’t figure it out at all, so that’s work in progress.

F8DCA4CA-0D7D-4285-AA22-26045AD2CF7D.jpeg

6EEB2301-6B53-4DCF-AA98-0C21E4E71698.jpeg

734CF159-1291-48D1-863B-A13BD6ECA99A.jpeg

A65003A6-EE57-4258-8E7B-BC26922F3E91.jpeg

76B26072-1A65-4590-923A-C28794ED4BBC.jpeg

• Love 2

Margate Exotics.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I’d said how good our two coons are at climbing trees. Here they are giving a squirrel the shock of its life by chasing it up one of our trees! I didn’t quite get the squirrel in shot as it disappeared round the side just as I clicked. 😃

22626451-185B-4ECC-BC43-D4CF42CD7535.thumb.jpeg.b12c7148d458bac0c29932f588785e8f.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 05/07/2020 at 13:21, andydclements said:

It's taken c7 months of feeding the feral cat to get to the point where I thought I'd see how he reacts to my hand being near him (keep in mind, he approaches to get food, hissing at me as he does it). Went from hand nearby =OK, to a couple of days later hand hovering 6 inches over food is OK, two days later still and OK to move hand just to touch his shoulder being OK, finally tried proper stroke, he stopped eating pushing head up to get more force from the attention and today (another couple of days) he was stretching his head out to make sure I rubbed under his neck.

I think this feral cat has a chance of being re-homed via a cat sanctuary. My great-niece saw him yesterday and has decided he should be named scar which is due to the woulds he has on his face (many from my cat I'm sure). He also went and took food from some Maine Coons the other day, in the kitchen of where they live. I think he's brave and hungry.

Well, the "feral" cat is now safe for those who can't be near nuts, after him having a trip to the vet. That was c 4 weeks ago. It was indicated that if suspected of being feral he'd likely be euthanised, so instead a neighbour paid for the op, with a view to him carrying on roaming between 3-4 houses to get various meals. He was kept in a shed for 48 hours after surgery as he had to have Ketamine, apparently as soon as released he made for our garden. That's where he's been pretty much 24 hours a day for 4 weeks with seemingly no desire to visit the other food-givers. So, given the weather turning, and his demeanour change with the reduced hormone level, well as they say on Channel4 "Day 3 in the house...."

Our 9yr old cat is not happy, but they both ended up on the bed, using human as a shield to prevent the other seeing them. This was no feral cat, he's house trained, he makes straight for the duvet, he's just been dumped. So, just a matter of getting our cat used to the idea of not being the only cat in the house now. In terms of the plan, well it's 90%+ successful, as the other dozen or so that he used to attack are now free of him, just ours now and that's seemingly attempts at kitten-like play.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...