Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 137 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wow. From strength to strength. 
You will soon need a work planner for your workshop. 😁 From previous posts I thought the Bagheera was yours as an in-kind recognition for your assistance when freeing that warehouse/garage. That says even more about you, if you spent all that time on someone else’s car. Thanks for your thoughts on the car’s abilities, too.

I sure could do with a work planner! Too many projects going on at the same time, which means some stay in a corner for way too long. Like my poor Esprit and the Range Rover... That's one of the advantages of having some help as well. When she comes over, I'm forced to have a good think about what to do, so as to make the most of the help available.

I briefly entertained the idea of keeping the Bagheera, but soon decided against it. When she gets sold, I will receive part of the profit though. Probably not enough to really cover all the hours it took, but should get a good bit more than the cost of the parts I invested. I'm warming up to the M530, though it's unlikely I'll keep it. Not as long as I have the Jag for open top motoring.

The invitation to come and visit the Workshop still stands of course!

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

You certainly get some very interesting vehicles pass through your workshop Filip. I do enjoy reading your posts. Keep up the good work 👍

• Thanks 1

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

9 hours ago, Escape said:

The invitation to come and visit the Workshop still stands of course!

That is very kind. I may well abuse your hospitality. I would love to learn to do some basic mechanic stuff in an older car and, as stated above, yours post are inspiring to get into those dark arts. I did try to do some basic mechanical training in Luxembourg but did not find anything.

I did consider the Matra, further to our exchange of posts, but I would not have any where to store it, and these days it would not see much use with me, being realistic. Maybe, if you struggle to sell it, we can discuss next year, in time for my 50th birthday.  😉

You wouldn't be the first 'apprentice' in the Shop to get hooked for life. 😉 It's not dark arts, it only takes some basic understanding, a good dose of enthusiasm and just giving it a go, step by step.

Last evening I was challenged by my young helper to push on and we did get the M530 running. I still need to clean/ rebuild the fuel pump, but as long as there is fuel in the bowl, the engine purrs. Turned out what she really needed was a good rub on her points. 😛 (the car, not the helper, must not go there!). And the more I look at it, the more impressed I am. A mechanical system for the pop up headlights, activated by a 4th pedal! Adjustable front suspension, coilovers and discs all round, a 2-part bellhousing for easy access to the clutch. If the brakes don't put up too much of a fight, she should be out for a drive real soon!

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Hey @Arregueti and @Escape, if there is any "free" mechanical training going on then I'm in. I'm very happy to get down and dirty, all greased up. I'll be like a Duracell bunny on speed and even make copious quantities of coffee and bring the good chocolate biscuits with me!

I'd love to be able to get the confidence to do my own mechanical and spannering work. I'll even bring my own tools:

Childrens Gardening Set - Gardening Tools

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

You'll have to try harder @C8RKH. I never drink coffee and importing chocolate into Belgium might be frowned upon. 😁

But there is another beverage Scotland is known for and I very much appreciate. 😄 

Of course you'd be more than welcome! I'm giving a 4x4 Workshop for a local classic car club this Sunday. Would be epic to do similar for an international Lotus crowd!

• Like 2

Now that sounds like a fine idea!  I have a couple of bottles of the scotch delight I could fit in my holdall.....

If you don't drink coffee how do you stay awake?  I usually start the day with a big pot of tea, then it's the equivalent of 6-8 espressos' before lunch!

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I thought Andy and me were over stretching your kindness but a TLF day in Leuven sounds good to me! I just need to find a suitable car to join the party now. I don’t think Luxembourg’s beer can compete with yours either. 😀

If there is genuine interest and we can find a date that suits most, I'd be more than happy to organise something. I'm sure the local pub would gladly host our group and I can even throw in a scenic run from the Workshop to the pub for those who want a drive. Including a stop at a local brewery. 🙂 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

I'm in.  It'd be a right laff.  And about time I turned up at yours, Filip.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I was waiting for you to pipe in mate! 👍

Exotics International is eager to welcome you. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Hey @Arregueti and @Escape, if there is any "free" mechanical training going on then I'm in. I'm very happy to get down and dirty, all greased up. I'll be like a Duracell bunny on speed and even make copious quantities of coffee and bring the good chocolate biscuits with me!

I'd love to be able to get the confidence to do my own mechanical and spannering work. I'll even bring my own tools:

Childrens Gardening Set - Gardening Tools

You’ll be about as much use as Helmut Marko.

Margate Exotics.

You're probably right Ian. You'd better tag along as well just to keep him out of trouble. ;)

23 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

You’ll be about as much use as Helmut Marko.

So, I'll be of some use then?

I make a mean pot of tea, and am good with a brush at sweeping the mess up (usually because, I created the mess in the first place, granted).

22 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

I'm not sure my liver will hold up if me an 'im get together.

10 months sober so far this year! I'm going to be a cheap date at the works xmas do!

• Like 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM

I'm not getting into a vehicle with you if you're sober.

• Haha 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.