Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos - Page 47 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Random car and/or Lotus related pictures and videos

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

Interesting, was that a Lotus special, or has someone shoehorned that in there?

I'll be de-catting mine over the winter, and I'm not that happy with the sound of the sports silencer (far too quiet for a V8) so I may go for a one-off stainless system with a twin outlet, it looks right.

Get rid of the back box - my god the turbos spool up so much quicker........

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Merry Christmas Barry, yes I'll definitely be doing something a bit different with the exhaust system, get those gasses out a bit quicker, and I'd prefer more of a V8 burble, my son's Peugeot 106 sounds more pokey than my Lotus.

Santa's been kind this year, sent me some nice new kit, the Z1300 is now stripped and stored away, the garage is clear. Can't wait to get in there now, I've priced up parts needed....shit....shock....horror, don't think I'll be back on the road this summer, but I'm doing this once, and doing it right so it'll take as long as it takes. I've taken the time to read through the V8 threads, yours and Alex Carter's specifically, have given a good insight into what to look for and expect, so thanks for that, wish me luck.

Steve

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

If you want a burble @Steve V8 - the you will need to get the exhaust pipes crossed over each other or close together.

dont just take the first price you get for the parts - @swindon_alan has done some great parts cross refs that will help to keep costs down - I saved a fortune shopping round.

have a great Xmas :cheers:

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM
On 5/24/2016 at 19:31, CaptainSlow said:

Attended a car show just south of Gothenburg last weekend. Approx 1,000 cars but sadly only a few Lotus. Good mix of cars though, the blue Europa S2 is a one owner car since new(!). 

image.jpeg

Our annual show doesn't do to badly then. We had a cracking range of car's on the Saturday, 24 and a few changed over for the Sunday 25. Its a fantastic show with something like 2,000 exhibits over the two day's. Everyone should visit at least once, we will make you more than welcome. We are already making plans for 2017.Martins at Glamis 13600148_1136087813101304_5911966804222112687_n.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I would never have thought to do that. That is really neat.

Looks great.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 25/12/2016 at 13:00, Barrykearley said:

If you want a burble @Steve V8 - the you will need to get the exhaust pipes crossed over each other or close together.

@Steve V8 mine is definitely the best V8-like burble I have heard on a 918. Barry is right about the exhausts. I never use the stereo and have the window down when I'm driving just to hear that sweet soundtrack. I love it!

My stainless system came from https://torquetechnique.co.uk/wordpress/ so not that far from you. It doesn't have any silencing, just crossed resonator pipes, I think that's the secret of getting a flat plane to sound like a cross plane. Pictured here during the accident repairs.

zzz_0059.jpg

• Like 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

• Gold FFM

I'm aware that a short stroke high reving motor is never going to sound like a mustang, but to be able to hear it running would be nice...do you still have your cats @swindon alan, if not do we know what the MOT requirements are for '96 cars.

@Steve V8 yes, still has cats although they are hi-flow and not the originals. It is up to you if you remove them but it is pretty unlikely that it will pass the MoT emissions test. Cats were compulsory for UK manufactured cars after 1992 and will be tested to tighter standards:

mot-cat.gif

Also just to point out that without cats the post-cat lambda sensors won't complain, in non-US vehicles they are not monitored by the ECM (although they should be present).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Came across this Alfa 4C whilst out with the wife today. Looks great from all angles except this one. I really cannot get my head around those lights and why?

It's really quite a tiny car and is a great package. But those lights.....

20170129_111745.jpg.3e2fbdc8456c1f6014b06a69a9667012.jpg

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

5 hours ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Took this at the Henley Hofmanns meet last year.

Alan, any plans for another meet?

There is absolutely nothing like an elbow nudge in the ribs, is there Mr Blanchard?

I am more than happy to organise another one, as long as we get some commitment and the attendance is lively. Otherwise @Pat@Hofmanns is going to get fed up with putting himself out on a Saturday morning...

I would suggest Saturday 1st April (ha ha), Saturday 22nd April or Saturday 20th May?