Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
AIB Lotus Insurance - Up to 20% discount available - Page 3 - Lotus Insurance - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

AIB Lotus Insurance - Up to 20% discount available

Bibs

Just had excellent service from Darren at AIB, insured my Kit car with him, nearly 20% cheaper than my renewal from Adrian Flux and great to know that I can phone up and speak to the same person should I need to. I look forward the speaking to him as my other cars renewals come up.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hosscartwri

Sadly AIB were not very helpful on my new Elise S - rather uninterested when I said I already had a quote without track day coverage from another insurer. They promised to call back with a quote for track days but didn't.

Shadul Rahman at Competition Car Insurance was very responsive and was able to provide fully comprehensive road use coverage and include coverage for 6 track days for a Lotus (usually only 5 days for other manufacturers) with a track day excess of the usual road use excess plus £1,000 which, considering that I do not have any track day experience (I do have a full day performance car course certificate from the Porsche Experience Centre at SIlverstone), I didn't think was bad. Maximum annual mileage 8,000. Coverage with a major insurer.  

Zoe at A - Plan was very helpful. Good premium and excess for road use only with up to 10,000 miles pa. Guaranteed that you can use your own preferred repair shop and I am pretty sure she said that in the event of a write off in the first year the car would be replaced with a new vehicle to the same specification.

Whilst the premium to include track days was pretty good, the required excess of £4,000 was not.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just received my quote of £232 from Adrian Flux. Only covered for 2000 miles annually on a carb turbo Esprit as the car spends most of the time broken down in my garage. Does this sound reasonable or should I try AIB.. 

Just received my quote of £232 from Adrian Flux. Only covered for 2000 miles annually on a carb turbo Esprit as the car spends most of the time broken down in my garage. Does this sound reasonable or should I try AIB..

sounds expensive

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Well I have to say its been an experience trying to sort insurance out for my GTE. I spoke to other owners and tried the usual suspects but give Darren at AIB his due, no only has he come up with the cheapest (I know I know!) but by fare the best policy. Its a Hiscox bespoke policy with some useful features, this is more down to the car than anything else but I'm more than happy. I cant recommend them highly enough.

Gav

• Like 1

Just been quoted by AIB, £189.67. This from Nigel. It also includes our discount and free legal cover that you get from them if you are a paid up member of TLF.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I just paid ANOTHER 275ish quid to Darren's Party Fund (on top of the £1,200 he already got) to get the annual mileage declaration increased from 10,000 to 12,000 - after the weekend's TLF Int'l Lotus Day jaunt I clocked up 900 miles.

So that's 16,200 miles since adopting Dexter back in April last year and probably near enough the full 12,000 mile quota will be hit for the year from Mid-August 2014 when I had to change insurer due to original low max allowed mileage.

I'm somewhat hopeful my renewal in 3 months won't come through as £1,475!

Nice to see Nigel getting a name check. He was feeling a little left out when I spoke to him :) Hi Nige :handy:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Morning,

I was quoted £280 from Nigel for my GT3 yesterday, inc. breakdown, EU breakdown, legal etc.

Reasonable ?

Erik

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE !

• 2 weeks later...

went with ABI talked to Nigel and Darren fully com with sports and performance packs noted 4000 miles garaged total Excess £300 protected NCD and legal cover £379 Good for SE London found them very helpful  same deal at CCi best part of £700!!  

• 1 month later...

Just insured my Esprit through AIB. 

Saved a couple of pounds over the quote I had from Lancaster but a little disappointed in their efficiency. Hope it's better if I have a claim...

When the docs arrived they had my reg number correct but the wrong Esprit model (Turbo, when it isn't). I called them expecting a small reduction in the premium when this was corrected, only to be told it didn't make any difference. Pretty sure it would have made a difference if things had been the other way round!

Also the agreed value aspect is pretty vague. There's no mention at all of AV in the policy docs and all they asked for were some recent photos of the car. Apparently I will get some sort of confirmation of the AV in writing (probably an email) but at this stage the policy is in force and AFAIK the value isn't yet agreed. Not especially reassuring...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Guest modifiedv8engines

Phoned AIB on Friday afternoon and still waiting to hear if they are going to quote me Happy or Miserable !

Anyone ever had a trade Policy and tried to give the insurers money for covering 4 cars under seperate policies ?

Seems as though my 25 years NCB is not taken into consideration when moving from Trade to Private vehicle policies (need 4) or 5 if I count my Motorcycle.

Churchill for example say that I would need to have 4 seperate policies and quoted "reasonable" on my old Discovery Truck.

However since they will not permit any NCB whatsoever, my Esprit V8 cant be insured with them as I havent got any NCB despite the fact that I have a clean licence, no accidents etc etc for 25 Years.

They claim a minimum of 2 years NCB ( which I can provide evidence to substantiate) is required but is ignored and its looking like after 6 effing years getting my car right, I cant use it or will struggle to get insurance.

If I didnt have bad luck I would have any luck at all ..............

May take it up with the Insurance Ombudsman as I think I am being discriminated against for not having accidents, having a clean licence and two small claims in 40 years of motorcycling & car ownership.  

Despondent of Norfolk

Are you looking for a limited mileage classic policy or 'normal' use? For my 3000 miles classic policy I don't have any NCB as its used on my everyday car.

Sadly I didn't find AIB the brightest bunch but hopefully you'll have some luck with them.

Edited by Bibs
Removed quote of previous post

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

seems quite normal for insurance not to swap no claims bonus from a van to a car and vice versa or from a motor cycle.Did you have a traders policy or a van policy? can you not insure the esprit on a claasic car policy?

Sadly I didn't find AIB the brightest bunch but hopefully you'll have some luck with them.

very surprised at that.always found Darren very knowledgeable and helpful

hindsight: the science that is never wrong