Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
2014 TLF National Lotus Meet - April 20th @ MBW - Page 14 - TLF International Lotus Day | MBW/Brooklands - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

2014 TLF National Lotus Meet - April 20th @ MBW

• Gold FFM

It's a 5.30am set off for me. Hoping to see a few on route.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

See you all tomorrow hopefully, Looking forward to meeting you all.

:unworthy: Steve

Are the other 340r's still committed for tomorrow? I'm hoping the weather will change but the roofless option is not looking like a good one!

Will keep my fingers crossed ! Think we all are !!!!!!!!!!

Well just like last years meet at Brands Hatch, I have spent ages polishing her and even applied some wheel shine so its bound to tip down all day. At least I will find out whether I have cured the leaks which were evident at Brands Hatch.

so its your fault if it rains  :no

Sorry to have to pull out at the last minute but I've got an ever worsening water leak from somewhere near the top of the (new a couple of years ago) radiator. Bit ironic as I was running the engine up to test my Bluetooth Elanscan interface and temperature sensor/gauge-so-normal-is-at-half-scale-instead-of-1/8-scale interface. Number 39 is now free.

Hope the weather keeps on improving for you all.

Geoff Smith

LotusElanCentral.com and BOLLECKS† founder

[†Bristol and Outlying Lands Lotus Elan Central Knowledge and Support]

• Gold FFM

Bloody hell, Bibbo, a bit early!  I can only surmise you have a secret rum stash in your room...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Oooh, time for my beauty sleep.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Ok. The rain thunder and lightning can stop now please.

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Just checked in to our Hotel, great day Bibs thanks, we both enjoyed ourselves, Gordon's S1 looked great inside as did all the cars! Felt sorry for the eleven with the umbrella up but fair play to the owner bringing it along! :)

Barry and Steve's Essex esprit looked gorgeous outside, shame I missed them during the day.

Time for a cold beer as knackered now with 5.30 start and all the walking about MBW and the Brooklands museum. Really glad we still came even if the S2 never made it :(

Dave :)

Do or do not, there is no try! 

My first Lotus Forums meet, great to meet several of you and put some faces to names, even better that it was at my workplace.

I headed off early to get to family commitments, seemed like everyone was enjoying themselves, heard some really nice comments on my car too which was lovely. Really enjoyed the parade laps, even though I had to passenger in mine as it was pace car. I totally forget to get any photos though, so looking forward to seeing what others got!

Of course goes without saying, great job done by Bibs and the team today, made things nice and easy to manage on our side. Big thanks from me for an awesome event!

• Like 1

Great day. Many thanks and we'll done to Bibs and his 'team" of helpers, very enjoyable event. Never seen so many Esprits! Thanks also to MB for hosting....nice victoria sponge cake :)

Early start....

128946d8888bacb1189143211c2085fd.jpg

443abbe0f400f6950b2bb75560836a92.jpg

7dcc23f5b727ba75fd3cfb9dc171bb97.jpg

68f812cd06c4036f3bb36369358c0973.jpg

I really don't know

5bd84476af23830efd5c1bc5e1d3ef63.jpg

4fd6f96302b99c4be46e07519ca8cca4.jpg

fbd9da16425a651127dfb544a6c471a9.jpg

6165bb4f5b99f7f1a427bd53870239df.jpg

9d1480b6c6b2c9beab92abf49dbdea61.jpg

e0b98b135b52ff9d71e8616a74e90051.jpg

07b55995e1d045a741a7bf9a97daa4ab.jpg

• Like 2

Black n gold

Well disaster struck for the first time for me... a snapped gear selector cable at 8am comming off the m40 this morning put paid to my attendance.. 2 days of graft cleaning the old girl up as well. Managed to get back to ian (palmergedons) house stuck in 4th gear only safely with a shaperone of guys who ended up missing out on the meet..but musketeers stick together! Hope all who made it had a great time.. im genuinly gutted I missed out.

Safely home after an excellent turn out of cars despite the weather.  Well organised event and a big thanks to Bibs and his team. :respect:

Pencilled in the diary for next year.

:thumbsup:

Great event, Bibs and well organised, apart from the rain. And did it rain and a few flooded roads thrown in for good measures. Car now parked on drive awaiting a flood damage inspection in the morning.

Hi All

Sadly I had to dash off for other commitments but a big thanks for a great job to Bibs and the team.

Kudos to the owner of the type11 for braving the weather, oh and loved the Primrose Elite (car of the day for me)...

All the best

Ian F.

Just wanted to add my thanks to Bibs & Laura for organising another good day out.

Credit also to the Marshalls (Trevor,  Sparky etc).

Looking forward to seeing the photos of my car with Concorde. :)

Matt

Had a great day, well done to the organisers!

Some lovely cars & a couple of mini Lotus convoys on the M25,

(Like the buses you don't see another Lotus for weeks, then a load turn up at once)

Fantastic turn out Bibs even with such terrible weather nice to see the 1st ever esprit and the last ever esprit in one room (probably never again). Wow nice to see so may esprits turn out and what a great concourse line up.  Not a bad run back on the M25 considering all the mist spray on the road. Got a lot of admiring looks on the way home wondered why untill I remembered I left the show plate on!  

It must be said many thanks to Bibs for organizing such a great event and to everyone helping contribute to the turn out, and for Laura standing on the gate getting soaked! Hope youve dried out now!