Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 28 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

For the dispersion issue if the engine was on fire and an auto system was set off then surely dispersion would be minimal as the fire is within 5 walls.  The only escape is out the bottom.

Additionally if a powder unit has to be shaken periodically then surely CO2 is preferable?  As was John Walsh experience when his powder unit failed.

Maybe I'm talking crap?  My wife says I do most of the time so please feel free to enlighten me further on this matter as I am interested as I will probably invest soon.

• Gold FFM

Halon is great - just from memory of that school project!!!

Anything is better than nothing - and it's always gonna be hit and hope really....... If it's fitted then I'm sure co2 will be fine

Only here once

My original system was halon, but I think this can now only be used by the military and on board aircraft. Both the extinguishers I carry are AFFF - Aqueous Film Forming Foam, and not gas as I thought the plumbed in one was.

Doesn't CO2, being heavier than air, just fall out of the bottom of the engine bay :getmecoat:

• Gold FFM

All my Lotus now have two powder units in them, ok powder makes a mess but far less than a roaring fire. Hey and if it's on fire who's worried about cleaning up afterwards.

• Like 1

AFFF isn't very good as putting fires out, as a marshal we used it to keep the fire out after powder had extinguished it. Every marshal post on UK motorsports circuits had one of each for exactly that reason.

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM

AFFF dependant on concentration is used as a blnekt so kill of the oxygen that feeds the fire, but it can quickly re ignite when the foam starts to break down, CO2 is the best fire fighting agent as it a good all round extinguisher, it's the product of choice on all oil platforms and helidecks, especially for engine start ups.

• Gold FFM

Whoopeee. Back in good old UK so now to get the new toy out and get her updated wit some fresh parts, thats if they time up in time from SJ, three weeks for a water pump. Not like Steve he is usually pretty smart with parts.

Strange, wont let me add photographs. 

• Gold FFM

Well new exhaust and pipes on, Gear linkage given a tweek, fluids done and she's running like a dream. Still got to do the belts but little point untill the new pump arrives. Went for a short drive and was pulled by PC plod for using obscure plates, Wendy was behind me and she was also pulled, said PC made comment. I thought we had a couple of boy racers with 2 Lotus going through the village, Haha, Wendy, a boy racer. Anyway charged for the number plates and given a 21 day notice to have them changed. Car has only been on the road and done 6 bloody miles Trip to Halfords for 2 new plates, 36 quid, ferkin rip off. Anyway an excuse to go for a short drive and some camouflage photograhs.

post-12149-0-31699700-1434658494.jpg

post-12149-0-47267700-1434658550.jpg

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

Hi Mike, yep all's well and loving being back old school Esprit. Dont get me wrong I loved the power and speed of the S4 chargecooler but electronics is not my forte and anything went wrong it would be a 7 hour round trip to have it looked at or fixed, hence going back to the S3 and this one has turned out to be cracker. We chuffed with her and of course the colour just does it, it's so in your face it has to be noticed.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

OK, for you sado's who asked for more pics. Well spent the day giving her a good clean and a polish. The new stailess steel exhaust looks good. I have now remove the original seats as drivers one had a split and I would rather get it repaired before it gets any worse so fitted a spare set of Black leather S4 seats I had in my previous S3, only had to drill two fresh holes and plug two old ones. The seats are in good nick so will do fine until the Red leather ones are properly repaired and I don't think the Black looks to bad against the Red interior. See what you think guys.

Also thinking of spraying the wheel centers in Gold. Opinions invited.

post-12149-0-23815100-1434822244.jpg

post-12149-0-32990000-1434822274.jpg

post-12149-0-72778800-1434822307.jpg

post-12149-0-56820500-1434822357.jpg

post-12149-0-09704200-1434822407.jpg

• Like 2