Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Esprit Picture & Video Thread - Page 58 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Esprit Picture & Video Thread

Bibs

• Gold FFM
On 11/30/2016 at 12:45, Bibs said:

@Vulcan Grey, can you please go and take the car away from this man...

"Better not call Saul" :blink: 

'This video is private.' :( 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

LHD with what appears to be British plates.  Going by the cars in the back ground I would suggest Europe rather than USA that I initially assumed due to the Dodge truck.

Do those rear tyres look a bit 'skinny' like they are Goodyear 235 60 ZR 15?

The really good thing about this thread is that every time I open it I get to look at Danny's fab black dry sump before I scroll down! :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, swindon_alan said:

Is it in Scandinavia for cold weather testing?

Yes, I think so.  A Federal spec UK registered car (federal side repeaters too).  It's Y reg so my guess is the photo was taken in 1982 during testing in preparation for the 1983 release of the Turbo Esprit Investors Special to the US market.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 09:20, Bibs said:

Anyone know what's special about this Esprit it, and where it is?

15325131_1369264336419206_91190037262361

Typical German Autobahn petrol Station in these days, snow sticks in black/orange/black are German design, plates of the car behind says "KN", abbreviation stands for Konstanz, close to Lake Bodensee.

Esprit is Federal spec as mentioned before, not seen until yet: The door side mirror was moved rearwards for the US cars.

• Like 2

Website with information and pictures PBB St Tropez convertible Esprit:

http://www.lotusespritconvertible.de/

mt504.jpg

64gei1.jpg

mv6dcl.jpg

i think the car is from 1982, if i read the plate...

• Like 1

I have never driven either but he said he has had his friend on the busa and he leaves it standing with the gixer . He said it wants to wheely at 170 mph so I wouldn't go near it! His garage as well Dave

I think he said there has been 30k thrown at the bike so it is a serious bit of kit

• Like 2