Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
New car! - Page 12 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

New car!

22 hours ago, chipp said:

@Bibs Do you know how many previous owners it had? There was an AU reg around here that belonged to Ansar Ali.

chipp

Congratulations it's a great car, I owned it before rc_hammer and was responsible for adding the barge boards and 2ublar. As Colin has already said it was owned by ex Lotus CEO Ansar Ali before me so it has a good history. Best colour on an Evora in my opinion, especially in the sun.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did, I have plenty of photos let me know if you want them.

James

Edited by JamesMac

I know Ansar Ali quite well, had pizza and a beer with him in Geneva airport last year and know about its previous owners. 

What 2bular is fitted James? I looked in the paperwork and couldn't find and details? Also, anything else you did, I'm sure I read the intake had been changed but it looks pretty stock to me. Thanks :)

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

46 minutes ago, chipp said:

@JamesMac Don't know where you got Colin from :lol: but Yes I thought I recognized the reg number.

CHIPP

Page 10 Colin said....B-)

Who in their right mind would buy  green car :P

Congrats Bibs, nice car that one, in fact I nearly bought it instead of my N/A. What happened to requiring IPS?

Would it be naughty if I told you that you could have bought that car for the same money with 8K on it in Dec 2012 :devil: from a certain Mr Ali Ansar

5 minutes ago, Bibs said:

I know Ansar Ali quite well, had pizza and a beer with him in Geneva airport last year and know about its previous owners. 

What 2bular is fitted James? I looked in the paperwork and couldn't find and details? Also, anything else you did, I'm sure I read the intake had been changed but it looks pretty stock to me. Thanks :)

Hi Bibs, the backbox and cat replacement pipe were both made by Jim at 2ublar. As you scythe only other performance improvement was a air filter fitted by Sinclaire's in Essex. The gearbox was also completely rebuilt under warranty and a new clutch installed at the same time.

It seems that we have similar tastes as the car I had before the Evora was a S1 ruby red 111s.

• Like 1

Thanks to the wonderful @Aimee Lotus Silverstone I've got some new plates, now to decide which one to put on the Evora. Thoughts?

20170907_112638.jpg

For those who don't know, I'm called Bibs due to the top plate. When I bought it 15 odd years ago, I thought with a screw in the right place and misspaced, it was a nice Lotus plate but my friends at the time used it to christen me 'Bibtus', hence Bibs for short. The bottom plate makes sense I hope! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Good shout.....(flipped a coin, yeah right) xx B-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...