Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ian's S4s refurb - Page 59 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ian's S4s refurb

• Gold FFM

Measure the spiders and the yokes and make sure they are both the same.

on my v8 they were odd so Sod’s law meant after rebuild I had to swap the driveshaft sides over

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
12 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Bound to take longer getting over that silly spoiler ?

its only a few bolts - what took you so long? V8 can be done in just under an hour - 4 pot takes a bit longer due to starter and clutch Slave.

good to see it out - All looks very clean

“It’s only a few bolts”? Presumably you have one bolt in the top of the bellhousing, and one in the bottom?

We put the wife in there to clean it all up!

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

To be fair, the alcohol intake was copious and diverse.  And there was much close-harmony carousing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Credit to ian - that bay's drier than a pair of Gandhi's flip flops.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Yeeees, it’s fair to say that yesterday was a ‘difficult’ day Mr. Clark, the blame of which lies firmly with the well-known firm of Cockburn’s, Gordon’s, Hardy’s and Sol.

Next up is to remove the clutch and flywheel, to reveal the crank seal carrier. At least I know I won’t have a complete ballache of a job getting the carrier screws out this time around, so it’s not all bad news. Then I have to figure out how to get the gearbox stable enough for transportation so it doesn’t fall over in the car boot.

Steve - the Party 7 beer keg is the standard replacement for the Peugeot Cow’s Udder tank, no longer available due to EU regulations (see the ‘Bovine Mutilation Act’ of 2012).

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

3 hours ago, Giniw said:

What are/were the problems with the gearbox? Nothing special?

I'm taking the opportunity for a rebuild while it's out of the car. I know it's been apart before, I can see the white sealant they used, but I don't have any history for the job.

Also, I know if I put it back as is, about five minutes after I get it back on the road, there'll be a synchro hub that wants replacing, or a seal pissing out oil, or something. This particular scenario is usually known as 'Barry's Law'.

• Haha 2

Margate Exotics.

Don't go there Ian.

Seriously, if you adopt Barry's Law then that poor old bloody gearbox will be in and out of the car every couple of weeks...

Then it will definitely only take you an hour to get one out so that's a positive I guess?

• Haha 1

I tempted fate...now my Esprit V8 IS in bits...(sob)

Thanks to Barry’s suggestion, the gearbox is now nicely wrapped with carpet underlay I blagged out of the carpet shop skip, and should be delivered for rebuild on Monday. I did push the roll pins out, and removed the driveshaft ends with a tear in my eye, as neither of them were leaking. In fact the whole box was as dry as a dead dingo’s dong.

72567310-8618-44E1-8555-EF5FF5F4732A.jpeg

5C790C72-74B4-4DA5-BA86-326B4CA127F3.jpeg

2C70D79A-3DB7-4CE0-B3E8-C5C3A3DD584E.jpeg

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
6 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Thanks to Barry’s suggestion, the gearbox is now nicely wrapped with carpet underlay I blagged out of the carpet shop skip, and should be delivered for rebuild on Monday. I did push the roll pins out, and removed the driveshaft ends with a tear in my eye, as neither of them were leaking. In fact the whole box was as dry as a dead dingo’s dong.

72567310-8618-44E1-8555-EF5FF5F4732A.jpeg

I'd avoid that carpet shop, that underlay is cheap shit, next time raid the skip of a better class establishment where you might find some Cloud 9 or a bit of Tredaire.

I hope @Barrykearley hasn't been using the very expensive Kensington felt I gave him to wrap his parts up for the powder coaters.:P 

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

That underlay is sat on the parts racking with the seats and carpets awaiting my time and attention. If ever I get round to the red car that is ?

• Like 1

Only here once

8 hours ago, Steve V8 said:

I'd avoid that carpet shop, that underlay is cheap shit, next time raid the skip of a better class establishment where you might find some Cloud 9 or a bit of Tredaire.

I hope @Barrykearley hasn't been using the very expensive Kensington felt I gave him to wrap his parts up for the powder coaters.:P 

There are no better class establishments round here. That’s it!

Margate Exotics.