Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ian's S4s refurb - Page 67 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ian's S4s refurb

On 24/04/2016 at 08:10, Chillidoggy said:

Surprisingly, I managed to replace the oil filter with relative ease, and didn't have to remove the plenum support strap.

You may consider converting to a "vertical oil filter" by installing Ford 4.0L v6, 1994-01 engine 90 degree adapter, PN# 89TM6884AA or 83TM6884AA

with MOCAL MOCT B3 stat plate.  Need to bend/reshape the plenum stay. No more oil drainage and dry starts!

NOTE: MOCT-B3 stat plate has a reversed inlet and outlet ports, so you have to switch oil hoses.

Be sure that the big bolt has 3/4"-16 UNF thread and  oil interface plate offsets to the right (AWAY from the block!).

9XX Lubrication Mod - Oil Filter VERTICAL Installation by Zig 06.jpg

9XX Lubrication Mod - Oil Filter VERTICAL Installation by Zig 05.jpg

20160307195915-c1985337-me.jpg

Edited by MrDangerUS

MrDangerUS

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm gonna have a go at silencing the bulkhead next week, so if anyone has the plates to hand and is able to provide me with their measurements, that would be appreciated. I'm planning on fabricating some new ones as long as it's not too complicated, and some thick spreader plates for the engine bay side.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

I believe the bolts are in sleeves in the ply, over the years the ply shrinks leaving it loose over the sleeves. The standard fix is to cut holes in the carpet to access and shorten those sleeves, (don't you dare cut holes in that lovely new carpet). 😥

• Haha 1

Sadly I won't have any option but to cut the carpet, and the Noise Killer sound deadening, but I promise I'll put it back, honest I will!

The sleeves had already been shortened by me on a previous occasion, but the problem still persists, so I'm taking a different approach this time.

Margate Exotics.

Yes, indeed. Actually there are specialized carpet cutters, I was surprised they work very well (the cutting blade is a bit like a hook, it's not straight, so that you can pierce the carpet and cut it by almost pulling from behind rather than pushing from the visible surface)

• Gold FFM

Due to the 1.5m carpet width the pile direction runs in rows across the rear bulkhead. 

If you make two horizontal cuts into the backing between the rows without cutting the pile, then one vertical cut using the knife backwards to cut the backing not pile, the flap will join back in invisibly.

Should I get the S4s bulkhead template ready???😁

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Sadly I won't have any option but to cut the carpet, and the Noise Killer sound deadening, but I promise I'll put it back, honest I will!

The sleeves had already been shortened by me on a previous occasion, but the problem still persists, so I'm taking a different approach this time.

Expanding foam ??

Only here once

10 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Expanding foam ??

No, a more agricultural approach, a la Farmyard Exotics. And if that doesn’t cure the problem I’m ordering up some ear defenders*.

* For me, so I can’t hear the iwife moaning over the noise from the bulkhead.

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

I will say now - the S4s has had its carpet cut behind the seats.

genuinely not by me - I was sad when I saw that

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Should've used titanium washers.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Don't worry, I was just winding up Chillydoggy!

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.