Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Ian's S4s refurb - Page 52 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Ian's S4s refurb

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

That's it.  I'm not bringing mine down any more.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

:D

1 hour ago, swindon_alan said:

...a new windscreen.

lol (though I am not absolutely sure it's a joke but having removed the binnacle once too, it very much looks like one ^^')

Edited by Giniw

As I said, I can't afford to go any higher at all on the seats. They've had new foam fitted in the squab and side bolsters, and whilst they're definitely a lot more luxurious and comfortable than before, my head is brushing the glass of the moon-roof. There'd be no way I could raise them up with bigger spacers, or indeed fit the newly re-trimmed GRP roof panel, at least until the squab compresses under my bulk a bit more. I have no spacers fitted between the runners and the seat base, but of course there's no telling what might a PO might have removed in the past in an attempt to gain more headroom.

Giniw - the part number A082U5100F to which you refer has "If fitted" shown in the remarks column of the Lotus parts manual, although it gives no indication of the reasons why that should be. Probably for short owners who would otherwise be looking through the steering wheel.

Margate Exotics.

Out of interest - how tall are you? I am over 6 foot and long in the back and mine is OK for me (also had my seats redone less than 1000 miles ago). Having said that a short hair cut definitely helps - How big is your coiffure?

1 hour ago, march said:

Out of interest - how tall are you? I am over 6 foot and long in the back and mine is OK for me (also had my seats redone less than 1000 miles ago). Having said that a short hair cut definitely helps - How big is your coiffure?

I'm 5' 10", and I've also got a long body and short legs, although I've no idea what the ratio is between body and legs. As for the Barnet, it's best described as sparse, and certainly nothing like @swindon_alan has suggested.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Yeah, I can vouch for that.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Job done apart from locating a rotary on/off witch that will fit the heater panel in place of the cable job. Not had any luck with finding one as yet, where's @swindon_alanwhen you need his electrical component tracking skills! :rolleyes:

I need to pick up an ignition-fed live and a negative from somewhere near the console, too.

Margate Exotics.

I am surprised you address that now, I thought it needed to be done with the interior removed? Or is that just the case for the heater matrix?

That reminds me I need to take a photo of my valve which can be more or less accessed from the front boot (accessed= operated by hand with a finger). By the way, I was surprised that even with the valve in hot position there is not much more hot hair coming from the vents. I haven't had the time to investigate any further though (completely stand by), maybe a reverse flush in the matrix would help?

Edited by Giniw

• Gold FFM
9 hours ago, ian29gte said:

Got the bastard things out, what a pig of a job. New pipes and valve awaits, wish me luck, I'm going in....

IMG_4314.JPG

You liar - I call bullshit - you never actually got that out - it's simply not possible. Liar liar pants on fire

Only here once

"Here at Margate Exotics, we make dreams a reality, and the impossible, possible."

EDIT:- I am however getting earache and so have to confess the wife helped me get the pipes in and put, and passed me the tools in the correct order.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Ahem.  I don't recall that tagline being tabled and approved at the last regional meeting.