Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
General chit-chat stuff - opinions etc - Page 2 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

General chit-chat stuff - opinions etc

Stimpy

oz02.jpg

OZ_ALLEGG18-BLUE.jpg

2758.jpg

Sydney_Mar26_2011_Suzuki_OzRSGTHyper_2_l

-------------------------------------------------------

Another idea - which came from an idea from a Mercedes site - is to 'chromise" the inset area of the current wheels I have.  Obviously that's a bit of a tangent off my original thoughts.

Edited by Stimpy

• Gold FFM

Different blue. Won't work.

Do you own a house? Spend money and do that up.

Leave the S4s alone.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Stimpy, you could try superimposing different colour/design of wheels on using Photoshop. I've no idea how to do that, but I'm informed it is possible. Might at least give you an idea of what they would look like, without the expense of actually buying any. Personally, I like the later V8 'hairpin' spoke design.

Margate Exotics.

My opinion - don't. Or sell it and buy a rice rocket.

x2!

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I can clearly read the opinion poll up there.

Thanks for your perspectives - certainly making me think harder.

Starting to 'back off' the idea.

Good man. The S4s is just perfect as it is. Wheels are subjective, sure, but stick with the wheels that were designed to match the car. Many people have upgraded SE wheels to S4, S4 to Turbo etc etc, which is fine.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Apologies if I've missed someone suggesting similar, but if you really want the wheels blue then you could get the centres of the S4S wheels painted bodywork colour? Easy to go back that way too :)

Edit: Similar to these but obviously in bodywork colour rather than the pastel blue.

PICT6574Onyes.jpg

Edited by GhostWKD

Although they look pretty nasty with pastel blue - I think 'chroming' the blue area could be nice.

I suspect that would be totally off the budget scale though.

They do look quite good polished/chromed (ignoring the car they're on anyway)

Not a clue as to costs involved mind...

http://www.idwurks.com/pictures/july05.jpg

Edit: also, would worry that for a very subtle change it may cost a fair bit?

Edited by GhostWKD

"Edit: also, would worry that for a very subtle change it may cost a fair bit?"

You're quite right but I can imagine the effect would be less subtle 'in real life' and on the proper car.

A few more important things to tick off first - however it does have a fresh new MOT - yippee !! (tick that one off)

Currently having TPMS fitted which communicates directly with the HIFI screen, plus broken clutch cylinder (which only lasted about 6 months).  Red stuff's going on, A-service ........and then...... find out the cost of chroming

Stimoy, is that the master cylinder or the slave cylinder, and if so, is it a cast one or a aluminium one?

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Hmm.  This has become a woppa of an issue.

I don't know which cylinder, nor the material - however something much worse has happned.

Driving from SGT -> work was all very fine until the gearbox became 'notchy'

Suddenly I could not get out of 1st gear

Which was then followed by plumes of smoke coming out of the vents - so I stopped and switched off

I was then fleeced off by the AA who took 5 hours to get to me in a dangerous position in the road.

My phone battery was dead. How fun.

A nice member of the public let me use his phone to call the AA

Some people helped me push the car out of the 'danger zone'

Before the car was moved I was being horned at - like I really wanted to park there.

One Asian chap pulled alongside me, opened his window and said "you w@nker" - don't you love london?

The truck took my car back to SGT - where I was informed that the fork had broke.

Before going any further I'm going to start a new thread as this is very off topic.

Ouch, that sounds horrendous!

Feel your pain regarding other peoples attitudes & intolerence these days, my R32 GTR broke down in pouring rain once on a roundabout of the A43 (dual carriageway, fast lane naturally) - the abuse I got was just something else.

Best of luck getting it sorted, hopefully it's not too much of a big job to fix on the Esprit :)

Cheers.

I was genuinely shocked regarding the insults and horn usage.  I've never experienced such abuse.

The story I have put up in the previous post is a condensed one.  You really wouldn't like the full story.

Thanks for your best-wishes

I can't get out of 1st gear either - but mine is stuck in my garage, I'm trying the RAC homestart tomorrow, and hopefully they will take it to GST if they cannot get it out of gear (which I am not expecting them to be able to).

I had someone stick their bum out of the rear window at me on the M25 once.

Good luck

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Stimpy: is that the fork or release oprm that you mention broke, or is it a fork inside the gearbox?

the first can easily be spottet from underneath the car. It can break.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)